What you like/dislike about your phone.

Search This thread

Dannar

Nov 29, 2011
Is AT&T's update any good?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

No.

Downloaded it on my wife's HOX, and now it's all laggy. Here I thought hat going to JB would have been a good thing. Now I can't root and Rom my way to victory. I doubt somebody will even care enough to find another root method.

This is what I get for waiting.

Duely blundered from my thunderdolt.

Braxton355

Feb 5, 2013
No.

Downloaded it on my wife's HOX, and now it's all laggy. Here I thought hat going to JB would have been a good thing. Now I can't root and Rom my way to victory. I doubt somebody will even care enough to find another root method.

They will eventually!

slimslim

Oct 14, 2009
No.

I don't really have any lag on the official ota, and battery life improved significant with the power saver on. Did you wipe/reset after update? You might have some ics old rogue app that cause the lag, 'cause I'm honestly enjoy the jb smoothness, it's like I have a new phone. I only had s fc/crash on Google maps once, but that's the app I presume.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

4ty-phive

Apr 7, 2009
I don't really have any lag on the official ota, and battery life improved significantly...

I can attest to this. Battery life is lovely and that's in an LTE area that just lit up. Understand, I'm getting about 14hrs (average) on charge. That's great for me because I'm home by then and can put it on a charger before bedtime. This update is pretty awesome and as far as I'm concerned, AT&T can now stop supporting the phone that this point. The community can take it from here :victory:

Braxton355

Feb 5, 2013
I can attest to this. Battery life is lovely and that's in an LTE area that just lit up. Understand, I'm getting about 14hrs (average) on charge. That's great for me because I'm home by then and can put it on a charger before bedtime. This update is pretty awesome and as far as I'm concerned, AT&T can now stop supporting the phone that this point. The community can take it from here :victory:

I agree, our devs had an update way before it was even released, sucks for the less knowledgeable. Because they will be stuck on what they have. Because I'm sure att is done here. But I could care less just like you said. The devs will take care of us.

aaron.a

Dec 24, 2010
The camera/gallery. Sense. Speed. Pure sex aesthetics. But what I love the most is the indy devs. <3

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

I have the white one and every time I look at it I picture a curvy girl in white modeling with a flying space car

Herc08

Jan 30, 2013
Well, I read a few post, and I love this phone. Yes, its getting a bit outdated, but with the right rom, it is like it is a 2013 phone. I'm using LiquidSmooth, and it is the fastest, most stabled rom I have used. I installed Dark Knight Rises, and the game runs as if I was playing it on a PS3 or 360. At first I fell into the Beats Audio craze, but when I realized that it was just a preset EQ, it wasn't such a big deal. So i purchased Poweramp, and I get more bass using that app, with beats on. I wish I could expand the memory, and also which 5gb was not dedicated to the phone. Other than that, I love the phone. Running 4.2.2 versus 4.0.4 is a BIG difference, the HD screen is GORGEOUS!! Sure, I don't have a X+/XL, but it is no biggie. The processor is fast for my needs, and at the end of the day, that is all that matters. Not to mention I can go without charging for a full day, with 4G/Wifi/Auto-Bright/Gaming/Texting on. I can honestly say I love this phone, more than the iPhone 5 (over-hyped).

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

The camera/gallery. Sense. Speed. Pure sex aesthetics. But what I love the most is the indy devs. <3

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

I have the white one and every time I look at it I picture a curvy girl in white modeling with a flying space car

I really don't like Sense like that. I have to admint, when I first got it, I thought it was the sh!t. Then it became slow, and got annoying. Then it has apps that I did not want. All that stopped when I discovered rooting. Compared to jailbreaking it seem hard, but it really wasn't. So when I tried different ROMs, I was like OMFG!! Then, I found Newt's rom with Sense 4+, but I still was not satisfied, plus it gave me problems as well. The only thing I miss about Sense was the calculator, other than that, I am in love with custom roms, which runs smoother and has longer battery life. Not to mention Sense is not updated to 4.2.2 yet (at least I am unaware of something higher than Sense 4+).

Edit: I just read on engadget, that there is a Sense 5, appraentrly, I am a month late. I only been focused on my phone. Even then, Sense 5 is still only on 4.1.2. So no biggie here. It looks more condensed, but still not my style. Keep working HTC, I'm sure you will come up with something.

But everyone has their opinions, and I respect yours, as I hope you do mine.

Last edited:

mrgoodpaul

Jan 11, 2013
Nashville, TN
The ota update runs really well if you use an app like Titanium backup to take out some of the bloat ware that at&t uses. I found it was faster than the ICS and most of the aosp ROMs. In the update the RAM went from six hundred something to 700 and it I'd buttery smooth for me

Braxton355

Feb 5, 2013
The lack of name brand cases pisses me off so bad.
And its only because its not an iPhone!!!!

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

wilkins502

Dec 10, 2011
Replacing the screen in this device is the most annoying screen replacement I've ever had to attempt. Probably shouldn't have destroyed the screen in the first place though :S

doc_j

May 24, 2012
Sofia
The small battery capacity. After the warranty period expires I'll defenetly change it with HOX+ one.

Herc08

Jan 30, 2013
You can unlock the bootloader that's part of the rooting process.

So that is what i am saying. Everyone keeps saying it is blocked. Is this from 3.18 or what? I rooted on 2.20 a few months ago

Sent from my Carbon-ize Evita using xda-developers app

cuyo11

May 26, 2010
Portland
The sloppiness of sense 4. I like sense concept ;however, there's no reason to be so freakin heavy. There are a lot of launchers that have way more stuff and effects and they dont lag a bit. I think they have to remake it from scratch:rolleyes: hope that sense 5 is better

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I like how when I wake up in the morning is has made me a nice golden brown waffle and a cup of the finest blend coffee.. yuuup.

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium
    Tell us what you like and dislike personally about your phone(not that there is a lot that you could dislike about this device), idc what it may be. Let us know how much you love or hate your HOX.

AND IF your gonna post telling me how much you hate the thread and that it's useless then honestly if it was useless you wouldn't of bothered opening it. So your comments will not be acknowledged.

I like the feel. The design is beautiful and striking (white HOX, particularly). The camera is of pretty good quality...most of the time. The screen is tops, imo (better than my Nexus 4, and slightly better than my iPhone 5). Rooted stock jelly bean ROM is a delight. It's fast and feature-packed. Battery life is among the best I've had with a smartphone. The battery is certainly comparable to that of the iPhone 5. I haven't had the opportunity to give them both a proper test of any sort, but maybe I'll do so when my nano-to-microSIM adapter comes in the mail.

I don't like the multitasking. I don't care what HTC or anyone else says, it's not "good" or "normal" in any sense of the term. If you disagree, you are wrong. Too much re-loading of things that should still be in memory. An extra gig of RAM and it would, I assume, be fixed and make this phone nearly perfect. Sense is invasive, yes, but it's not really that bad (aside from being a resource hog). I don't like the slight buzzing sound I get from haptic feedback. Neither my N4 nor my iPhone 5 have this buzzing to it. Power/lock button on the side would be preferable for me. My hands aren't humongous like those of (apparently) every other smartphone user, so it'd be easier to reach that way. It would be swell if the camera lens didn't protrude so much, but mine hasn't scratched yet so I suppose I shouldn't complain.

I'll add more as I think of it, I guess. Great phone. Not planning to sell this one. Well, at least not until development is dead :D
    Re: What you like about your phone :)

I normally wouldn't participate in such a thread to say just one word really so I'll write the rambling run on sentence to validate replying to myself but really other then the hella cool people that make up this one xl forum and don't chastise me for being "different" and holding the utmost patience with my some times pretty messed up mental state I would have to say that my favorite is the screen.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
    I normally wouldn't participate in such a thread to say just one word really so I'll write the rambling run on sentence to validate replying to myself but really other then the hella cool people that make up this one xl forum and don't chastise me for being "different" and holding the utmost patience with my some times pretty messed up mental state I would have to say that my favorite is the screen.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Hey someone's not high right now
    Can you post a Link to this Rom Please? I tried searching for it and only find a Droid DNA Rom

Dude its right there in the development section

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2