Google Dialer Port (w/Incoming Caller ID Lookup)

Search This thread

abuttino

Sep 12, 2006
Gapps are removed once you format the system partition. So, do it on your next nightly and you'll be good.. If you see any Google apps being updated after you boot back up, let me know, I'll be sure to update my gapps

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Reactions: whiteandnerdy

abuttino

Sep 12, 2006
There really are no updates, Google hasn't released any new versions of Android, so this just works. I'm developing an app and have my time completely taken by that.

What would you like to see?

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk

abuttino

Sep 12, 2006
When is the last time you hard reset your device?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Raven2m

Sep 27, 2012
Colorado Mtns
When switching to moto unified. I am running dialer 1/24 with gapps which is not on your site anymore.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda app-developers app

abuttino

Sep 12, 2006
I'll make sure to back up before I try today's nightly. That is not good

abuttino

Sep 12, 2006
That's sad, there is no way to upgrade, even a fresh install gets force closes with that dialer installed.

The worst part about these unified builds, dhacker is heading them off. It isn't like he's going to answer any of my queries.

The good news is, I know someone with a SGS4 and he said local search was built into the dialers on the new versions..

If anyone feels like testing this before I post my confirmation of this rumor, go ahead and post.

Edit, the new ROMs do not include the local search dialer.

I'll check on the other thread about this and let you know more

Last edited:

mmm.waffles

Feb 1, 2011
BC
So far so good on a Motorola xt925 running carbon 4.4.2 although in hindsight it looks very similar to what I had before the flash so I can't remember if it was already integrated...

abuttino

Sep 12, 2006
Good. Now that dhacker has had his dirty hands on cm11, this might be reason to switch back.

He's a smart guy but refuses to listen to constructive criticism. God forbid you told him this didn't work.

He'd say "it was never designed to, so forget it", that's if he bothered answering back.

CWGSM3VO

Jan 4, 2012
Noticed the last two SlimKat's had a forward + reverse lookup option and the search (I tried "pizza" and it found the local pizza joints). Is this the same thing?

abuttino

Sep 12, 2006
Type " Walgreen's" or "Walmart" into it. If it works, then yes

abuttino

Sep 12, 2006
This is what I got from the other thread discussing this dialer:

that's because the CM dialer is crap ATM. hoping for an update of Uber or CM can at least fix the dialer to have Google settings or any search settings.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After lots of frustration and hours to make this work, It's done.

This Google Dialer works just like the one in the Nexus 5 stock.

What's the difference between this dialer and the CM11 dialer?

1.) On the dial screen, it allows you to type a name of a business or "place" and the dialer will show you the closest numbers to you for fast dialing
    2.) Incoming Caller ID Lookup, This compares your incoming call to the same database for any name lookup and/or picture lookup, in January or soon after, it will show contacts for Google+ on the caller ID screen. As far as I know, you do not have to have this person in your circles to have the caller id show.

How do you install it?

1.) First and very formost. This is for Cyanogenmod 11 with 4.4.1+. If you try to do it on any earlier Android version, you'll most likely get lots of force closes and your phone will stop functioning altogether... You've been warned...

2.) Boot into recovery

3.) Backup

4.) Flash this file: http://www.tinozplace.com/moto-kitkat/12-10_GoogleDialer_4.4.1_signed.zip or for 4.4.2,
    http://www.tinozplace.com/moto-kitkat/12-12_GoogleDialer_4.4.2_signed.zip

5.) Reboot

6.) Profit???

I edited the installer file to delete dialer.apk, so you no longer have to do that.

Enjoy!

If you'd like, I have built the dialer into my gapps. This way you don't need to flash several zips each time you upgrade to a new nightly.

http://www.tinozplace.com/moto-kitkat/12-17-gapps-wDialer.zip

NOTE:
    You can link to this post, however mirroring and posting the link to my site on any other forums is strictly prohibited. I worked for weeks doing research and was finally completed yesterday.

Tested to be working on:
    HTC One
    Motorola xt926
    Motorola xt925
    Motorola mb886
    Sprint Galaxy S4 (Verizon)

If you have confirmed this zip is working on any other roms or phones, please post here :)

EDIT: Gapps fixed to allow use on other phones. Someone was complaining that Wifi was being interfered with, along my travels, I found that certain versions of CloudPrint was getting in the way. Updated to 4.4.1 CloudPrint2.apk.

EDIT: Works with 4.4.2

EDIT: Reports of the LTE toggle (in the quick settings panel) being broken have come to my attention. There isn't much I can do about this. It's google's code, not "backwards-compatible" with AOSP. You'll have to choose the dialer or the LTE toggle, sorry.

EDIT: If you downloaded 12/10gappswDialer, redownload the latest. Somehow, I forgot to put the APK's in the zip. Very sorry about this.
    Would this gapps are propper for ART?

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk

Yes. It's all I will ever release :)
    Uhh, no. Look at the moto HD link in my signature

Gapps are removed once you format the system partition. So, do it on your next nightly and you'll be good.. If you see any Google apps being updated after you boot back up, let me know, I'll be sure to update my gapps