(Kernel)carz-2.6.34.4-07052011-6355-signed(updated-07-06-2011)

Search This thread

djduxx

May 7, 2010
Bucharest
Linux-pedia

The long answer!
Init=A program that runs as a daemon and spawns all the other processes.
Kernel=Is the "core" of the most OS's.It is the "interface" between the programs and the processing done at hardware level (the communication between hardware and software components).
Init.d=A directory (inside /etc/) that contains a number of start/stop scripts for most of the system services.
The short answer: No, init is not the same thing as the kernel.

Edit: For the scripts inside init.d folder to be launched at startup the kernel must instruct init to check this folder also. Android stock kernel does not do that. We need smart guys like Carz to recompile kernels and include the instructions for running init.d scripts.

Last edited:

carz12

Jan 25, 2010
Grande Prairie
The long answer!
Init=A program that runs as a daemon and spawns all the other processes.
Kernel=Is the "core" of the most OS's.It is the "interface" between the programs and the processing done at hardware level (the communication between hardware and software components).
Init.d=A directory (inside /etc/) that contains a number of start/stop scripts for most of the system services.
The short answer: No, init is not the same thing as the kernel.

Edit: For the scripts inside init.d folder to be launched at startup the kernel must instruct init to check this folder also. Android stock kernel does not do that. We need smart guys like Carz to recompile kernels and include the instructions for running init.d scripts.

yes it runs all scripts in etc/init.d/

ceskopanjy

Feb 9, 2010
hi, i've installed the last kernel version on DietGB and i still have the problem with camera and loss of sound... how can i solve it?

LordGiotto

Feb 20, 2010
Hi carz, thank you for this karnel, it works really smooth. I'm using it with ginger yoshi 1.3 on my 32a.
But i've noticed DIS with high cpu frequencies (more then 528Mhz): is possible to fix this problem?
Thanks ;)

onimorza

May 14, 2010
Mechelen
Xiaomi Mi A2
OnePlus Nord
I also heard that the loss of gps connection after some random time could be kernel related?

In my case about 30mins connected, then I have to exit the gps apps that I'm running (google nav, copilot,..) and restart it to get connection again. I don't have to turn off and back on again the gps itself. Just the app does the trick. Then I'm back on track, but it's a bit frustrating on a 14h trip lol :rolleyes:

I have now resetted a-gps data and downloaded new gps assistence data with gps status app to see if that makes a difference my next long(er than 30min) trip.

It all worked fine untill I upgraded from Froyo to Gingerbread roms.
I hope I can find a fix before I head back home from vacation :D
But I keep some oldschool road maps in my car just in case :p

alex_canada

Aug 16, 2010
Hi Carz

Is there a chance that any or these kernels or ROMs for the Magic will support USB Host mode?

thanks!

darkguy2008

Apr 30, 2011
Heredia
Any updates on this kernel?

My ROM (FroyoDragon) uses the latest one (7th July) but there hasn't been any updates in a long time. What's up?

ricc@rd

Dec 6, 2010
Could you reupload carz-2.6.34.4-6355-07052011-signed.zip in a working server please? Multiupload is down...

akaSurfer

Apr 17, 2011
hey man carz-2.6.34.4-6355-07052011-signed.zip link doesnt work. fix plz

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

hey man carz-2.6.34.4-6355-07052011-signed.zip link doesnt work. fix plz