[APP] ADB filesystem plugin for Total Commander

Search This thread

Aleq

Apr 6, 2008
I can take a look at it when I'm finished with the support of non-rooted phones...

Aleq

Apr 6, 2008
Wireless ADB is supported in upcoming version with a little bit of manual work - you will just need to execute the included adb.exe (not different one): "adb connect <ip_address>". Then you can open the plugin and files will be there. I have just tested it.
This is enabled by micdelt's patch, "transport-usb" changed to "transport-any", nothing more :) In the distant future we might introduce a configuration GUI. Anybody willing to do such stuff, come and volunteer :)

sorg

Sep 5, 2006
台灣
looking into source code, i see you transfer file by pieces through buffer which makes transfer superslow comparing to original adb file transfer.
Is it possible to change to adb push/pull for file transfer?

Aleq

Apr 6, 2008
looking into source code, i see you transfer file by pieces through buffer which makes transfer superslow comparing to original adb file transfer.
Is it possible to change to adb push/pull for file transfer?

This is exactly what I thought. I just don't know how to push/pull directly via the socket, so I'm calling adb.exe push/pull (waiting for it to finish) and monitoring the progress by checking the target file size regularly. It works well. Like Android Commander, just with progress bar :)

sorg

Sep 5, 2006
台灣
This is exactly what I thought. I just don't know how to push/pull directly via the socket, so I'm calling adb.exe push/pull (waiting for it to finish) and monitoring the progress by checking the target file size regularly. It works well. Like Android Commander, just with progress bar :)

Is it already implemented in version you've uploaded? I tried your plugin - transfer very slow while adb push/pull from command line transfers much faster.

Aleq

Apr 6, 2008
No, not in the last published one. But it's coming out very soon hopefully.

Aleq

Apr 6, 2008
A bug related to many files with long filenames/file paths exceeding 1022 characters (command line limit) when being statted in a batch of 10 files at once FIXED. Yet one more bugfix to go - before release. Hopefully.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

Aleq

Apr 6, 2008
I have found and fixed that bug. There are some (well, not only "some") memory leaks, so more bugfixing. Sorry for teasing :)

Aleq

Apr 6, 2008
The important memory leaks are fixed.

Current todo:
- free space information
- looking for the last (? ;) ) bug which causes occasional UI freeze (however the file always gets copied correctly) while copying large files TO device

tobbbie

Jan 5, 2007
Stuttgart
Anything new available? Neither version works for me, despite device (Xperia Ray ICS 4.0.4) is rooted and busybox 1.19.0 installed. It delivers <000A - no ack from adb server>.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    An update!

Hi Everybody and esp. Sztupy.
    I tried the plugin but it was never properly working for me - it listed only / and without anything else, everything looked like file etc. Since the last update has been done a year and half ago, I decided to try by myself.

The problem is/was current busybox (1.19.4) as I have noticed on my SGS2 with CM9 and B&N Nook Tablet with CM7.2. It does not support "stat -c" which this plugin uses to obtain details about file/folder. I rewrote it to use widely used/available stat -t (if stat -c is not supported) and also temporarily HACKED links to be shown as directories (you can get into /etc, /sdcard now). The source-code is not completely tidied up yet, there is a lot of debugging messages also. I hope I get back to it soon and prepare better release. I have a lot of ideas how to improve it, let's see if I get to it.

So until I do, I present you updated version that should (hopefully) work on all new rooted (= with busybox), ADB connected devices. If you are having problems, execute "adb devices" and check if your device is listed. If not, search web/xda for ADB connectivity resolution. That's not in the scope of this post/thread.

As a bonus you get also 64-bit version, since Christian Ghisler is publicly testing already TC 8.0 x64 :)

Enjoy,
    Aleq

P.S.:
    - "release" versions don't have debug information, the functionality is the same
    - x64 is 64-bit version, the other one is 32-bit

If you don't know which one, take adbfsplugin-0.7+aleq_release.zip :)
    EDIT: Aleq has posted updated versions here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=23937844&postcount=36

Checked whether a project for creating a WinCE like plugin for total commander already exist, but couldn't find one, so here it is.

Disclaimer: This plugin is still in it's infancy, therefore it might crash you, your PC or your phone. It might not even start. But it'll improve.

1. What's this?
    This is a filesystem plugin for total commander that let's you browse and modify the contents of your phone while using total commander

2. Why?
    Although there are some android file managers out there, none of them I've found integrates into total commander. And if you've already using tcmd as a general file manager you usually don't want to open up a new program just to access your filesystem.

3. How?
    The plugin uses the "adb shell" interface to communicate with the phone. It issues simple linux commands, parses the results and shows them to you in tcmd.

4. What's needed?
    Total commander on your PC, busybox on your phone (root is not needed, but it will be used if available), and USB debugging turned on as well. Next download the plugin, open it in total commander and let it install.

5. Download location?
    Download the latest version from here: http://github.com/sztupy/adbfsplugin/downloads

6. Supported features?
    - directory listing
    - copying from/to phone (very slow)
    - copying/moving/renaming inside the phone
    - creating and deleting directories

7. Whats needed?
    - Better error handling
    - Command line interface
    - Attribute changing
    - APK management
    - etc.

8. Common pitfalls/limitations/etc.
    - If the plugin can't start the adb server, wait a bit, then try it again
    - The plugin won't ask you whether you want to overwrite a file or not, it will overwrite it
    - Uploading and downloading files is very-very slow
    - The plugin starts by trying to use su. If it can't get permission to use su (for example you pressed deny on the superuser page), it will run as a normal user.

Licence: GPLv3 (with the added exception that allows you to use the plugin with total commander... duh) and CC-BY-SA

Screenshot:
    attachment.php
    Test version sent to both of you via PM. It still needs testing and fine tuning. I'll upload public version soon, as soon as I finish it. Anybody willing to beta test, PM me.

What's coming:
    - connection fixes (for some devices) by Michail Kuropiatnikov (micdelt)
    - much faster download/upload (direct ADB calls)
    - file date/time (experimental, under development)
    - support for not rooted devices (no busybox)
    - ... + some more, minor changes ...

I'm experiencing now issue with inaccurate date and time. No matter what I do, I get it "slightly" off in TC. See my post about that at Ghisler's forum
    Anything new available? Neither version works for me, despite device (Xperia Ray ICS 4.0.4) is rooted and busybox 1.19.0 installed. It delivers <000A - no ack from adb server>.
    try http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/android_adb.html