[ROM][6/1/12] ONE5MOD 2.0 AOSP (ics 4.0.4)

Search This thread

one5

Jul 17, 2010
Kbyqd.jpg

Installation Instructions:
  1. Before flashing do a DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE
  2. Flash the ROM
  3. Then do a DARKSIDE.CACHE.WIPE before rebooting.
  4. After the first boot, let it sit for a couple minutes.
*The UVLC8 ICS radio is required.*
There are some reports of Touch Recovery causing problems. This is not 100% confirmed, but if you have any problems try non-touch cwm.

This is a base ROM. It is very similar to CM9, which it is based off of. As development continues I expect it to differ significantly. When Samsung releases the source for the T989 I will begin building the ROM, but until then it will be a base ROM.

Change Log:
Code:
[U]2.0[/U]
Changed base to CM9
No more call echo
NFC Working
Fully AOSP System & Apps (Plus some CM stuff)

[U]1.2[/U]
Added Calculator app
Removed more bloat
Stock TW Wallpaper Chooser

Todo:
Add WiFi Calling

Bugs:
"Pinch to zoom" in Camera does not work
Tap to focus in Camera does not work
"Use only 2G networks" option in Settings does not work
Changing "Preferred network mode" in Settings may not work
Contacts on SIM card are not accessible
Data switches to roaming
Low Call Volume
Screen Freezes

Screenshots:

Attachments

• device-2012-06-01-093832.jpg
    device-2012-06-01-093832.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 4,349
  • device-2012-06-01-093812.jpg
    device-2012-06-01-093812.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 4,500
  • device-2012-06-01-093854.jpg
    device-2012-06-01-093854.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 4,353
  • device-2012-06-01-130342.jpg
    device-2012-06-01-130342.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 4,191
  • device-2012-06-01-130326.jpg
    device-2012-06-01-130326.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 4,084
Last edited:

one5

Jul 17, 2010
Credits

This is based off of CyanogenMod 9, if you like it go to http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1621678 and thank mikeyman77.

Notes

To enable USB Storage mode go to: Settings -> Storage -> Menu soft key -> USB Computer Connection

If you experience call echo or a "robot voice" try the following: flash the LC8 radio first, followed by Super wipe, Flash ROM, Re-Flash radio again, Then..flash the darkside cache-wipe and boot up. (Thank you Docmjldds)

Last edited:

superuser696

Apr 7, 2010
show me state 417
It is a .zip you flash before the ROM, it wipes data, cache, etc, but is better than doing it from the recovery. It's not necessary, I just think it is better.

darkside.cache.wipe.zip is also really cool ia use it all the time. its great it wipes cache, dalvik, and fixes permissions. (clears and fixes junk data, easiest way to discribe it)doesnt touch the emmc, sd, system, or data. id grab it to.:D

Last edited:
Reactions: jwleonhart and one5

inslee

Jan 3, 2010
I'm looking forward to trying this one out, I've been looking for a clean, barebones ICS ROM without any fancy theming.

Maybe name it Vanilla-ICS (if the name hasn't been taken already)

Reactions: lufoxe

one5

Jul 17, 2010
darkside.cache.wipe.zip is also really cool ia use it all the time. its great it wipes cache, dalvik, and fixes permissions. (clears and fixes junk data, easiest way to discribe it)doesnt touch the emmc, sd, system, or data. id grab it to.:D
This will probably fix the reboot issue aswell, thank you:)

So far, pretty good... launcher has crashed once but not a big deal.... I look forward to updating soon...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using XDA
I haven't had any issues with the launcher, let me know if it happens again. I hope to have a update out soon but it's hard to debug when adb isn't working.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Kbyqd.jpg

Installation Instructions:
    1. Before flashing do a DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE
    2. Flash the ROM
    3. Then do a DARKSIDE.CACHE.WIPE before rebooting.
    4. After the first boot, let it sit for a couple minutes.
    *The UVLC8 ICS radio is required.*
    There are some reports of Touch Recovery causing problems. This is not 100% confirmed, but if you have any problems try non-touch cwm.

This is a base ROM. It is very similar to CM9, which it is based off of. As development continues I expect it to differ significantly. When Samsung releases the source for the T989 I will begin building the ROM, but until then it will be a base ROM.

Change Log:
    Code:
    [U]2.0[/U]
    Changed base to CM9
    No more call echo
    NFC Working
    Fully AOSP System & Apps (Plus some CM stuff)

[U]1.2[/U]
    Added Calculator app
    Removed more bloat
    Stock TW Wallpaper Chooser

Todo:
    Add WiFi Calling

Bugs:
    "Pinch to zoom" in Camera does not work
    Tap to focus in Camera does not work
    "Use only 2G networks" option in Settings does not work
    Changing "Preferred network mode" in Settings may not work
    Contacts on SIM card are not accessible
    Data switches to roaming
    Low Call Volume
    Screen Freezes

Screenshots:
    Credits

This is based off of CyanogenMod 9, if you like it go to http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1621678 and thank mikeyman77.

Notes

To enable USB Storage mode go to: Settings -> Storage -> Menu soft key -> USB Computer Connection

If you experience call echo or a "robot voice" try the following: flash the LC8 radio first, followed by Super wipe, Flash ROM, Re-Flash radio again, Then..flash the darkside cache-wipe and boot up. (Thank you Docmjldds)
    One5, I had been using this ROM faithfully for close to two weeks but had to switch because of the low call volume problem. (I am a mobile DJ and talk to a lot of brides on the phone) I am so so so looking forward to what you will have up next now that source is out. I will keep checking back, I love AOSP. I salute you on your good work so far!

Check your PAYPAL account in a few minutes.... :)

Oh, I just realized you do not have a donate to me button.... :(

Thank you, right now there are defiantly some better choices for a stable dd and I would have done the same thing if it wasn't my ROM. As far as the Paypal goes, I do this simply because it interests my and I do not want money for it. Instead of donating to me please consider the Wounded Warrior Project. They are an incredible organization whose work has a great impact on the lives of wounded service members, which is far more than my ROM has done for anyone.
    Sourceforge is a good host.
    one5, please tell me you're going to be able to fix the low call volume and the write speed to/from computer with the new update :D

My voice is gone from having to scream in the phone for people to hear me haha

:D

I'm going to try to fix this with the new ICS update. The volume is my top priority but I'm hoping to get the data transfer fixed in the next update aswell.