Has anyone come to the N5 from an iPhone 5S?

Search This thread

Dixi1801

Jul 18, 2011
South Yorksire
Google Pixel 6
As the title says, I'm wondering if anyone has made the switch and how you've all felt about it?

I realise these threads are horrible, but I'm pretty scared about the switch (not sure why! I used to love android) from iOS to Android and would like to hear others experiences!

Thanks in advanced guys/girls :)

Dixi1801

Beauenheim

Sep 12, 2012
Google Pixel
Google Pixel XL
As the title says, I'm wondering if anyone has made the switch and how you've all felt about it?

I realise these threads are horrible, but I'm pretty scared about the switch (not sure why! I used to love android) from iOS to Android and would like to hear others experiences!

Dixi1801

Android hasn't changed much since from when you've switched (2013? From your profile?) The Nexus 5 is a great phone, and its pure android experience is much better in my opinion than using an iPhone. I've used a 5S for a couple of days, just couldn't stick with me.

Why are you wanting to switch back?

Dixi1801

Jul 18, 2011
South Yorksire
Google Pixel 6
Android hasn't changed much since from when you've switched (2013? From your profile?) The Nexus 5 is a great phone, and its pure android experience is much better in my opinion than using an iPhone. I've used a 5S for a couple of days, just couldn't stick with me.

Why are you wanting to switch back?

Round about there, with my note!

I'm wanting to switch, well, going to switch because I need some money for some bills... So selling my iPhone seems logical!

Plus, the nexus 5 is almost new and going for £180 from a friend, which I can't moan at! A powerful device for barely any money, and the left over money pays my bills off!

I love the customisation options of android, and rooting and flashing is what brought me to android in the first place, I fear I've become the typical apple user... Used to the walled garden and scared to move away haha!

habitformer

Mar 23, 2012
daytona beach
Round about there, with my note!

I'm wanting to switch, well, going to switch because I need some money for some bills... So selling my iPhone seems logical!

Plus, the nexus 5 is almost new and going for £180 from a friend, which I can't moan at! A powerful device for barely any money, and the left over money pays my bills off!

I love the customisation options of android, and rooting and flashing is what brought me to android in the first place, I fear I've become the typical apple user... Used to the walled garden and scared to move away haha!
My wife had the iPhone 4 4s and the 5c.I got her a n5 like mine after about a week of me teaching her about fastboot and adb she can sideload and install like a pro,she's been using iOS for years so Ive got faith in you:)

Dixi1801

Jul 18, 2011
South Yorksire
Google Pixel 6
My wife had the iPhone 4 4s and the 5c.I got her a n5 like mine after about a week of me teaching her about fastboot and adb she can sideload and install like a pro,she's been using iOS for years so Ive got faith in you:)

Thanks so much for that, I read about the camera being a bit poo, but I've read from users it's not that bad, I know reviewers have to play on some things haha.

Getting a bit excited for it now, just waiting for the guy selling it to get in touch. He won an M8 at work, so he's shifting his nexus lol, lucky sod.

habitformer

Mar 23, 2012
daytona beach
Thanks so much for that, I read about the camera being a bit poo, but I've read from users it's not that bad, I know reviewers have to play on some things haha.

Getting a bit excited for it now, just waiting for the guy selling it to get in touch. He won an M8 at work, so he's shifting his nexus lol, lucky sod.

Its funny now that understands why I think android as a whole is better.My wife will look at other people and try to help them in carrier stores. That's how quick she was.Me I'm just like,(in carrier stores) Root your phone and remove all crap that's installed you'll like it better.

mistahseller

Mar 13, 2013
Saint Louis

I'm in the same boat as you. The other day my girlfriend was like "I think instead of the iPhone 6, I want a phone like you have". I thought I had heart failure for a second I was like huh?!? She has been using apple her whole life but She said she loves the customization. She wouldn't get into flashing Roms and so on but I would set it up like my n5 is so she could customize away, and show her some.of the screens on the home screen thread because the possibilities are endless.

Sent from The Deathstar

Reactions: habitformer

raptir

May 4, 2010

Well, the camera isn't great. It's probably the worst of the mainstream smartphone cameras (HTC One, Galaxy S4/S5, iPhone 5S, etc...) but it's serviceable for basic point-and-shoot work.

joannn

Feb 5, 2014

Dixi1801

I would suggest you to just go for it , I am a content N5 user. It will take time to get used, but once you get on with the customization part you will start loving it. All the best .:good:

goofball2k

Oct 5, 2010
Ottawa
I came from a 4s to the Nexus 4 and haven't looked back, and probably won't unless Google does something terrible with Android and perhaps the next rev of Nexus.

habitformer

Mar 23, 2012
daytona beach
I'm in the same boat as you. The other day my girlfriend was like "I think instead of the iPhone 6, I want a phone like you have". I thought I had heart failure for a second I was like huh?!? She has been using apple her whole life but She said she loves the customization. She wouldn't get into flashing Roms and so on but I would set it up like my n5 is so she could customize away, and show her some.of the screens on the home screen thread because the possibilities are endless.

Sent from The Deathstar

Even slim isn't my 1st choice my wife is actually making "her own" build. She wants a "girl version"Whatever the F that means. Serious though it's a big change for most to switch os to os.Be supportive:good:
@D.D.P. what do you think

Last edited:

D.D.P.

Mar 5, 2014
Sin City
Even slim isn't my 1st choice my wife is actually making "her own" build. She wants a "girl version"Whatever the F that means. Serious though it's a big change for most to switch os to os.Be supportive:good:

Though I loved hacking and available hacks and mods and the devs on Cydia, I'd never go iOS over android os. I have compared the two, and I can't say I'd stay if I was making this transition.

habitformer

Mar 23, 2012
daytona beach
Though I loved hacking and available hacks and mods and the devs on Cydia, I'd never go iOS over android os. I have compared the two, and I can't say I'd stay if I was making this transition.

In the "smart"phone era I went BlackBerry (which at the time of the middle 2000's was great for my business a d employees) to windows(palm) to apple 3g/s to the tilt( android) I found windows to iOS was harder than iOS to Android..

Reactions: D.D.P.

D.D.P.

Mar 5, 2014
Sin City
In the "smart"phone era I went BlackBerry (which at the time of the middle 2000's was great for my business a d employees) to windows(palm) to apple 3g/s to the tilt( android) I found windows to iOS was harder than iOS to Android..

Right, but android is a win for UI, for easy "noob"-friendly modding, and BB is always good for business. IOS is simply a popularity ploy and does nothing for me professionally or personally. I can hack and mod android to become the work I don't want to do. Its easy for anyone. Plain and simple.

markdapimp

Nov 8, 2013
Nexus 5 is more for like the Android geeks who love to flash roms and kernals and isn't afraid of anything

If you like the user experience with an iPhone I would recommend you the HTC One
its got the same build has the iPhone 5s and has amazing sound and a amazing microphone

Sound wise it literally blows the iPhone 5S and Nexus 5

I have a iPhone 5s and a Nexus 5 and the HTC One and a Galaxy Note 2 (I got alot of phones)

I love the HTC one and the Note 2 and Nexus 5

iPhone isn't just my thing, if i do go to like a party of whatever I carry both the HTC and iPhone for picture quality.

habitformer

Mar 23, 2012
daytona beach
Right, but android is a win for UI, for easy "noob"-friendly modding, and BB is always good for business. IOS is simply a popularity ploy and does nothing for me professionally or personally. I can hack and mod android to become the work I don't want to do. Its easy for anyone. Plain and simple.

Nexus 5 is more for like the Android geeks who love to flash roms and kernals and isn't afraid of anything

If you like the user experience with an iPhone I would recommend you the HTC One
its got the same build has the iPhone 5s and has amazing sound and a amazing microphone

Sound wise it literally blows the iPhone 5S and Nexus 5

I have a iPhone 5s and a Nexus 5 and the HTC One and a Galaxy Note 2 (I got alot of phones)

I love the HTC one and the Note 2 and Nexus 5

iPhone isn't just my thing, if i do go to like a party of whatever I carry both the HTC and iPhone for picture quality.

Agreed.lots of logic between these two posts.
My note 2 is a mistake.I for it while had galaxy nexus,hoping to make me switch from nexus.I didn't work a d my note two became a spare back up for my Gnexus..I waited the 2 years for it to come.couldn't be happier. I really think apple owners have issues with "keeping up with friend's and there iphones or I pads....Me I want to not just own my device.Freely from carriers and OEM crap.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sent from The Deathstar

This thread went a bit off topic, please keep to the original discussion in the thread title.

Thanks
    Thread cleaned