[KERNEL][ARC/ARC S]ArcKnight Kernel_4 (ICS)/ Update October 29th!!

Search This thread

jimbo77

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 2, 2010
Guatemala
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Please note the Kernel Will only Work in ROM based on ICS for Example: JJ's ROM, ICS Beta, ICS Official, MIUI V4, Arconium ICS etc... but not in CM9 since it uses its own Kernel.

Hi Guys!

First and foremost i'd like to thank all the great developers for the Sony (Ericsson) phones specially FXP (Jerpelea), Zdizihu, Bin4ry, Blagus and DoomLord. I've been part of the development experience since back on the X10 days when J&Z teamed up to create the first working version of Froyo for us and now that I've jumped to the Arc wagon it's great to see them supporting us as well.

I've worked/read a lot trying to understand how Android works and litle by litle i've understand a lot of things and doing my experiments as well. I'm not by any means a "Huge", "Great" or Super Skilled developer such as the ones mentioned above but i'm learning and trying to be just like them to bring more things to our devices.

Based on the experience I want to give back something to such rich community that have helped me in one way or another, this is the reason why I'm giving you my Arc-Night Kernel.

Why the name "Arc-Night Kernel"

Well I work from 7Am to 5Pm, I'm married and recently my first baby was born so as you might know it really takes a lot of time to take care of all that, hence the development/reading have happened during the nights only (Up to 12am).

Ok, enough said I want to know what's this kernel all about!!

The kernel was made for personal use, it was a personal project to understand what the kernel is and how it is build. I made it and then all the porting, tweaking started until i realized why not let other users more options other than stock plus and DoomKernel (Which are great by the way).

Kernel Main Features/ Changelog:

ArcKnight_4.1_Version:

ArcKnight_4_Version:

ArcKnight_Kernel_RC3.5.1_TEST_Versions:

ArcKnight_Kernel_RC3.5_TEST_Versions:

ArcKnight_Kernel_RC3.4_TEST_Version:

ArcKnight_Kernel_RC3.3_Test_Versions:

ArcKnight_Kernel_RC_3.1:

ArcKnight_Kernel_RC3:

ArcKnight RC2.2 - Joker_BFS:

ArcKnight RC2.2 - Joker Edition:

ArcKnight RC2:

ArcKnight RC1:

ArcKnight V8:

ArcKnight V7 FINAL:

Version 6:
  • SKIPPED - IT WAS PRIVATE BETA TESTING.

Version 5:

Version 4:

Version 3:

Version 2:
  • FIXED Camera Error with some Extra RAM yet...

Version 1:
  • OverClock up to 2GHZ.
  • Init.d Scripts Support.
  • Slightly Modified voltages Table (UV).
  • CMW Pre-installed - Thanks to Cobrato.
  • Increased RAM by reclaimed Unused Cam Memory (FXP Sources).
  • 0% Battery Friendly - Thanks to Bazoocase.
  • Tweaked Conservative Governor (Based on Midnight Kernel (SGS).
  • Tweaked Sio Scheduler.
  • Two Way Recording Call patch (Didn't test it).
  • Tweaked Ondemand Governor (Based on Zachariasmaladroit's work (SGS)).
  • Powersave, Performance and Conservative as Available Governors.
  • Deadline and Noop as available Schedulers.
  • Support for ext2,ext3,ext4 and NTFS FileSystems.
  • Based on ICS Beta Sources.
  • Extra Addon with Modules so Users can load just what they Want! (More details on this below).

The Addon Package is an stand alone flashable zip that includes a number of modules so the user decides wether he/she use them or not, it is like removing bloat ware and to give the user the free to choose how to tweak their own phone.

List of available modules that can be insmoded after the kernel has booted:

• SIO io scheduler.
  • VR io scheduler.
  • CFQ Frequency Governor.
  • SmartAss Frequency Governor.
  • SmartAssV2 Frequency Governor.
  • Powersave Frequency Governor.
  • TWEAKED Ondemand Frequency Governor.
  • AS io scheduler.
  • Userspace Frequency Governor.
  • Cifs.ko.
  • Tun.ko.

To load any of those modules just do insmod /system/lib/modules/"nameofthemodule" and if you want to use them at boot time you can use a init.d script.

Bugs Known Issues:
  1. Update April 27: NONE AT THE MOMENT!!! :D

How to flash Arc-Night Kernel:

1. Put the phone in Fastboot mode
  2. In terminal do: fastboot flash boot Arc-Night_Kernel_V1.img
  3. Hit Enter
  4. When Led lights turn on press any key to go into recovery.
  5. Clean Cache and dalvik Cache to avoid any issues.
  6. If you come from DoomKernel be sure to start from scratch since most likely you have flashed his WiFi modules and it will not work on my Kernel.

Downloads/Recomendations in Second Post!

Updates Plans
  • Port other Frequency Governors Like Lagfree, BFQ, etc...
  • Fix Camera Issue without removing the Reclaimed Camera Memory - Done in V2
  • Create Script to be used like Supercharger to load specific modules chosen by user only.
  • Upgrade WiFi drivers to provide more signal range (Just like in FXP's CM9).

Sources?: Here!!

Last edited:

jimbo77

Nov 2, 2010
Guatemala
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Downloads! and Recomendations...

Main Kernel - ArcKnight Kernel_4.1 - Link Not Working

Modules for Kernel - ArcKnight_4.1_Modules - Link Not Working

ArcKnight 4.1 Mirror Links HERE

Old Downloads:

RECOMENDATIONS:

• If you come from DoomLord's Kernel (ICS) you'll need to flash the file doomed151 kindly uploaded for your WiFi to work!!! go HERE
  • ALWAYS and I Mean ALWAYS reboot the phone RIGHT AFTER you have disconnected it from the computer or charger to avoid the f*king Android OS issue

I want to support other phones as well but my budget is really limited at the moment so if you FEEL like helping me in funding to buy an Xperia S or even a Ray, Neo, Play etc... help me by donating to the cause :) just click HERE and you'll be helping me a lot, even if it is 1 Dollar :D

Would you like showing your support to my work with other Members?

Kindly request you to add the following Signature Banner created by User LiquidRobotics :

ARC-Night%20Banner.png

Last edited:

stirkac

Dec 16, 2008
the Internet
always nice to see fresh development around here :D not much going on compared to other devices i've had over last few years that were more mainstream

if i manage to d/l miui v4 in a reasonable time i'll be sure to try this :cool:

jimbo77

Nov 2, 2010
Guatemala
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Hi Jimbo, the wifi is broke and not able to start.

Appreciate the work :D

Weird! It is working fine here, did you read the how to in OP? If you come from DoomLord Kernel and have flashed his Wifi Modules then i'm afraid it will not work since his Modules are specific for his kernel.

You'll have to do a fresh install of both my kernel and the ROM you're using at the moment, then the Wifi should work (I've had this very same kernel for more than 18 hours now and the wifi link is really strong here with no disconnects or something related)

hazenvnn

Jan 27, 2010
I did full install on both ROM and Kernel, flashed your provided modules only.

And testing it on Original Xperia S Rom Beta 5 for Arc / Arc S.

:confused:

hazenvnn

Jan 27, 2010
I'll use the kernel with ICS roms.

Btw, check your signature, there's uncompleted html quote :)

S L A Y E R

Aug 19, 2011
Manila
Where did u get a2sdx?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1333379

I haven't tried a2sdx, it is working fine with Link2sd though... Why don't you test it and let me know if it is working?

BTW The kernel supports Ext2, Ext3, Ext4 and NTFS File Systems... I'll add it to OP...

I flash this one http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1333379 to Doomkernel V4 is working on jjs ROM Cocktail, ext4, I will try to flash your kernel after I finish work, I really looking for more powerful and updated kernel, btw your kernel looks very promissing hope It's compable thanks for your work:D

Last edited:

jimbo77

Nov 2, 2010
Guatemala
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
i'm amazed by this, now only waiting for final version sources and your kernel :)

Thank you for Testing!

Can you please share what your settings are? What Scheduler, Governor, Frequency?... What ROM are you using, so others members can also compare?

I'd really appreciate if you could provide a litle more detail on the feedback so I can improve what's not working as it should.

Thanks!

Jimbo

gen_scheisskopf

Feb 22, 2009
Poznań
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 (2021)
Kernel works very good.
However after every reboot governor is always Ondemand (should be conservative- set using SetCPU). Maybe setting Conservative as default would be a good idea?
Also could you enable lowest cpu clock (127 MHz iirc)?

Wysyłane z mojego LT18i za pomocą Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please note the Kernel Will only Work in ROM based on ICS for Example: JJ's ROM, ICS Beta, ICS Official, MIUI V4, Arconium ICS etc... but not in CM9 since it uses its own Kernel.

Hi Guys!

First and foremost i'd like to thank all the great developers for the Sony (Ericsson) phones specially FXP (Jerpelea), Zdizihu, Bin4ry, Blagus and DoomLord. I've been part of the development experience since back on the X10 days when J&Z teamed up to create the first working version of Froyo for us and now that I've jumped to the Arc wagon it's great to see them supporting us as well.

I've worked/read a lot trying to understand how Android works and litle by litle i've understand a lot of things and doing my experiments as well. I'm not by any means a "Huge", "Great" or Super Skilled developer such as the ones mentioned above but i'm learning and trying to be just like them to bring more things to our devices.

Based on the experience I want to give back something to such rich community that have helped me in one way or another, this is the reason why I'm giving you my Arc-Night Kernel.

Why the name "Arc-Night Kernel"

Well I work from 7Am to 5Pm, I'm married and recently my first baby was born so as you might know it really takes a lot of time to take care of all that, hence the development/reading have happened during the nights only (Up to 12am).

Ok, enough said I want to know what's this kernel all about!!

The kernel was made for personal use, it was a personal project to understand what the kernel is and how it is build. I made it and then all the porting, tweaking started until i realized why not let other users more options other than stock plus and DoomKernel (Which are great by the way).

Kernel Main Features/ Changelog:

ArcKnight_4.1_Version:

ArcKnight_4_Version:

ArcKnight_Kernel_RC3.5_TEST_Versions:

ArcKnight_Kernel_RC3.4_TEST_Version:

ArcKnight_Kernel_RC3.3_Test_Versions:

ArcKnight_Kernel_RC_3.1:

ArcKnight_Kernel_RC3:

ArcKnight RC2.2 - Joker_BFS:

ArcKnight RC2.2 - Joker Edition:

ArcKnight RC2:

ArcKnight RC1:

ArcKnight V8:

ArcKnight V7 FINAL:

Version 6:
    • SKIPPED - IT WAS PRIVATE BETA TESTING.

Version 5:

Version 4:

Version 3:

Version 2:
    • FIXED Camera Error with some Extra RAM yet...

Version 1:
    • OverClock up to 2GHZ.
    • Init.d Scripts Support.
    • Slightly Modified voltages Table (UV).
    • CMW Pre-installed - Thanks to Cobrato.
    • Increased RAM by reclaimed Unused Cam Memory (FXP Sources).
    • 0% Battery Friendly - Thanks to Bazoocase.
    • Tweaked Conservative Governor (Based on Midnight Kernel (SGS).
    • Tweaked Sio Scheduler.
    • Two Way Recording Call patch (Didn't test it).
    • Tweaked Ondemand Governor (Based on Zachariasmaladroit's work (SGS)).
    • Powersave, Performance and Conservative as Available Governors.
    • Deadline and Noop as available Schedulers.
    • Support for ext2,ext3,ext4 and NTFS FileSystems.
    • Based on ICS Beta Sources.
    • Extra Addon with Modules so Users can load just what they Want! (More details on this below).

The Addon Package is an stand alone flashable zip that includes a number of modules so the user decides wether he/she use them or not, it is like removing bloat ware and to give the user the free to choose how to tweak their own phone.

List of available modules that can be insmoded after the kernel has booted:

• SIO io scheduler.
    • VR io scheduler.
    • CFQ Frequency Governor.
    • SmartAss Frequency Governor.
    • SmartAssV2 Frequency Governor.
    • Powersave Frequency Governor.
    • TWEAKED Ondemand Frequency Governor.
    • AS io scheduler.
    • Userspace Frequency Governor.
    • Cifs.ko.
    • Tun.ko.

To load any of those modules just do insmod /system/lib/modules/"nameofthemodule" and if you want to use them at boot time you can use a init.d script.

Bugs Known Issues:
    1. Update April 27: NONE AT THE MOMENT!!! :D

How to flash Arc-Night Kernel:

1. Put the phone in Fastboot mode
    2. In terminal do: fastboot flash boot Arc-Night_Kernel_V1.img
    3. Hit Enter
    4. When Led lights turn on press any key to go into recovery.
    5. Clean Cache and dalvik Cache to avoid any issues.
    6. If you come from DoomKernel be sure to start from scratch since most likely you have flashed his WiFi modules and it will not work on my Kernel.

Downloads/Recomendations in Second Post!

Updates Plans
    • Port other Frequency Governors Like Lagfree, BFQ, etc...
    • Fix Camera Issue without removing the Reclaimed Camera Memory - Done in V2
    • Create Script to be used like Supercharger to load specific modules chosen by user only.
    • Upgrade WiFi drivers to provide more signal range (Just like in FXP's CM9).

Sources?: Here!!
    Downloads! and Recomendations...

Main Kernel - ArcKnight Kernel_4.1 - Link Not Working

Modules for Kernel - ArcKnight_4.1_Modules - Link Not Working

ArcKnight 4.1 Mirror Links HERE

Old Downloads:

RECOMENDATIONS:

• If you come from DoomLord's Kernel (ICS) you'll need to flash the file doomed151 kindly uploaded for your WiFi to work!!! go HERE
    • ALWAYS and I Mean ALWAYS reboot the phone RIGHT AFTER you have disconnected it from the computer or charger to avoid the f*king Android OS issue

I want to support other phones as well but my budget is really limited at the moment so if you FEEL like helping me in funding to buy an Xperia S or even a Ray, Neo, Play etc... help me by donating to the cause :) just click HERE and you'll be helping me a lot, even if it is 1 Dollar :D

Would you like showing your support to my work with other Members?

Kindly request you to add the following Signature Banner created by User LiquidRobotics :

ARC-Night%20Banner.png
    ArcKnight Kernel V 4.1

Small update to address little issues:

Changelog:

• Version bumped to ArcKnight Kernel V4.1
    • Removed 122MHZ frequency and changed by 280MHZ to make the phone wake faster.
    • USB OTG Modules Updated to match current Version.
    • Zram Preconfigured within the Kernel (It will give around 100MB of swap)
    • Tun.ko and Cifs.ko are now provided as separate modules
    • ArcKnight 4 Modules folder now contains the following:
    • CIFS.ko, TUN.ko, hid-logitech.ko, hid-pl.ko, hid-sony.ko, lzo_compress.ko, lzo_decompress.ko, usbhid.ko, usbkbd.ko, usbmouse.ko, usb-storage.ko and zram.ko
    • All of the above modules will be automatically insmoded when the phone boots.
    • Fixed the /Vendor folder issue. At the moment I'm using Wedgess ramdisk since I was having issues with mine, huge thanks to him for letting me use his work for the time being...

Please don't forget to leave feedback if you decide to update your phone with this new Kernel Version... BTW My broter has been using it in his phone since today early morning and the battery is awesome as per him. The phone has been up for around 6 hours and with minimal use it has deep sleeped a total of 5:40 minutes.....

Download links will be as always in 2nd Post!
    ArcKnight Kernel..... The ArcKnight RISES!!

I know i said I wouldn't work on this Kernel since I have bought a SGS3 myself... BUT my brother got his hands on an Xperia Arc and now I can work again on the Kernel and test it with his phone! :D

So Today's update is:

• Based on Lastest 4.1.L.0.10 Sources from Sony Developer World
    • Reworked completely from Scratch since most of my sources got lost when I stopped working on the Kernel!
    • Nice new Boot Logo... Simpler...
    • Added back ArcKnight_II Governor and Tweaked for smoothness
    • Sio, Deadline, VR and other Schedulers are up.
    • 0% Battery Friendly
    • OC up to 1.6GHZ (You know my Rule right ;))
    • Compiled with Zram and LZO Compression...
    • any other fixes...
    • USB OTG COMPACTIBLE!

Please test this version and let me know any kind of issue you might find... I'll start working and Tweaking this kernel again to bring you smoothness and updated sources again :)

Download links are as always in Second Post!!! - BTW, you wanna help me out? Just click HERE and Donate :)
    ScreenShots :)

NEW TEST VERSIONS:

Main Kernel OverClocked CPU - ArcKnight Kernel_RC_3.6_OC_TEST

Wifi Modules - ArcKnight_Wifi_Modules.zip