[Today] Cyanogenmod 10.1 - Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) - NIGHTLY

Search This thread

ORiZorrie

Apr 9, 2009
I'll start by saing that all credits go to :good: pershoot :good: So be sure to thank him !!

INFO
http://droidbasement.com/db-blog/
This is Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) + CM10.1 for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1v

CyanogenMod-10.1.jpg

!! DOWNLOAD / NIGHTLIES ARE NOW AVAILABLE !!
http://get.cm/?device=p3

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
/!\ Before doing anything make sure your bootloader is unlocked and you have a rooted device!
1. Backup your apps+data using Titanium Backup.
2. Go to http://get.cm/?device=p3
3. Download 'recovery.tar.md5' to your PC if you don't have it yet. It's Clockworkmod 6.0.1.0 (latest version). If it's not available on the above location, it's also attached to this post.
4. Download 'cm-10.1.......zip' and put it in internal storage.
5. Download the latest 'gapps-jb-*-signed.zip' from http://goo.im/gapps and put it in internal storage. gapps-minimal-jb-20121212-signed.zip has been confirmed to work fine.
6. a. Flash recovery.tar.md5 on your device using ODIN3 (go into downloading mode, wait for USB connected on screen, then select the file using PDA and click Start)
6. b. You can also use fastboot (for some reason I prefer this method). Just extract the recovery.img from 'recovery.tar.md5' and then flash it using fastboot ("fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" (permanent on device) and/or "fastboot boot recovery.img" (just boot it from pc))
7. Once in recovery: clean cache & clean dalvik cache. (I did a full wipe to be sure I don't report bugs to pershoot which are linked to data problems).
8. Flash the ROM.
9. Flash gapps.
10. Reboot
11. Enjoy your ROM :fingers-crossed:
12. Put back all your apps (using batch Titanium Backup) but don't restore system apps.
13. You're done!

If you need to flash the P4 modem:
1. Get ODIN 1.85
2. Get the Samsung drivers "SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_v1_3_2300_0" (google it)
3. Install the driver for Tab
4. Download the modem image from pershoot's p3 repository
5. Boot into bootloader (press power and hold volume-up and volume-down at the same time, then select Downloading).
6. Start ODIN (you should see the first block become yellow on the screen => means your device is connected)
7. Select PDA and browse to the modem file
8. Flash it
9. You're done. Make sure you got the correct RIL by flashing the latest image.

Video made by SjPedro22
WORKING
• bluetooth
• browser
back camera (8MP)
• gps
• install/move apps on sd card
• mobile data 3g/2g
• rotation
• sound (notifications, calls, ringtones, alarm, music)
• superuser
• MTP
• video playback
• vibration
• wifi
• youtube
front camera

BUGS
• none! If you find one, please post them in this thread!

Attachments

• recovery.tar.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 10,885
Last edited:

Overscorp

Mar 4, 2012
Gapps ishue

Pershoot, our "Galaxy" king!! Thank you!!

Is there anyone with problems with Gapps?

Overscorp

Mar 4, 2012
I got no issue with Gapps. Are you sure you used the one with date 20120717? It has to be have that date! More recent version doesn't work yet. pershoot is looking into it.

i got no issues either. i've flashed 20120726, and untill now, no problems at all.

Thanks for the post, is much more usefull like this man ;)

Last edited:

ORiZorrie

Apr 9, 2009
i got no ishues either. i've flashed 20120726, and untill now, no problems at all.

Thanks for the post, is much more usefull like this man ;)

Well, be carefull because pershoot posted this yesterday:
If you use gapps, do not use 0726 from goo.im. If this is installed, after powering down, journal on /data goes awry and android will not be able to boot thereafter. This condition ocurred when USB was plugged in/ADB debugging on + WiFi on. The only way to boot if this occurred was to format data via the stock recovery (i.e. wipe/data factory). 0717 works fine in this regard.

Member688

Aug 11, 2010
Sorry for the dumb question, but does anyone have the links to this?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Wijnand85

Mar 13, 2011
Gouda, Netherlands
I used the 'old' recovery (the one for CM9) to flash CM10 and I had no problems.

boot in recovery
clear cache / dalvik cache
factory reset
flash cm10
flash gapps 1707
reboot and enjoy

Google Now is not working but the camera is. Restore apps with titanium is also working. Very nice work.

Last edited:

Overscorp

Mar 4, 2012
I used the 'old' recovery (the one for CM9) to flash CM10 and I had no problems.

boot in recovery
clear cache / dalvik cache
factory reset
flash cm10
flash gapps 1707
reboot and enjoy

Google Now is not working but the camera is. Restore apps with titanium is also working. Very nice work.

are they the same recovery, just with name difference? Or is there any difference?
sorry for the noob question :p

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

sorry if i'm putting any pressure, it's not my intencion, at all! But, Pershoot, is there any final build for CM10 in the "oven"?

Anyway, i'm already very satisfied with this build!! :D

Last edited:

xandurr

Jan 24, 2012
Thanks For The ROM

Many thanks for the ROM Pershoot and many thanks for the guide ORiZorrie.
Followed the guide and loaded the ROM on no problems.

However now the Tab wont boot, been stuck for about 20 minutes.
Anyone have any ideas?

Overscorp

Mar 4, 2012
Many thanks for the ROM Pershoot and many thanks for the guide ORiZorrie.
Followed the guide and loaded the ROM on no problems.

However now the Tab wont boot, been stuck for about 20 minutes.
Anyone have any ideas?

wich Gapps pack you used? it could be because of the last pack installation, it's not ready yet, and could be the reason of your boot issue. you should install the 20120717 pack, for more stability

Last edited:
Reactions: Gjorgio

xandurr

Jan 24, 2012
Fixed it

wich Gapps pack you used? it could be because of the last pack installation, it not ready yet. you should install the 20120717 pack, for more stability

Nah i used the exact right files, but for whatever reason was stuck with this boot logo.
HOWEVER:
I was able to resolve the issue myself, just took some fiddling as i didnt have my PC set up for android tinkering after a recent reformat.
once i got the SDK installed, the below is how i fixed it in case anyone else hits this same problem.

1. Boot tablet into Fastboot mode
2. Open Command Prompt (Windows)
3. Run the following commands
a) fastboot -w
b) fastboot reboot
4. voila!! fixed and boots through boot animation in approx 30 seconds.

Not sure why clearing userdata and cache from fastboot resolved it as i cleared cache and davlik cache while in CWM but for whatever reason in worked perfectly.

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'll start by saing that all credits go to :good: pershoot :good: So be sure to thank him !!

INFO
    http://droidbasement.com/db-blog/
    This is Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) + CM10.1 for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1v

CyanogenMod-10.1.jpg

!! DOWNLOAD / NIGHTLIES ARE NOW AVAILABLE !!
    http://get.cm/?device=p3

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
    /!\ Before doing anything make sure your bootloader is unlocked and you have a rooted device!
    1. Backup your apps+data using Titanium Backup.
    2. Go to http://get.cm/?device=p3
    3. Download 'recovery.tar.md5' to your PC if you don't have it yet. It's Clockworkmod 6.0.1.0 (latest version). If it's not available on the above location, it's also attached to this post.
    4. Download 'cm-10.1.......zip' and put it in internal storage.
    5. Download the latest 'gapps-jb-*-signed.zip' from http://goo.im/gapps and put it in internal storage. gapps-minimal-jb-20121212-signed.zip has been confirmed to work fine.
    6. a. Flash recovery.tar.md5 on your device using ODIN3 (go into downloading mode, wait for USB connected on screen, then select the file using PDA and click Start)
    6. b. You can also use fastboot (for some reason I prefer this method). Just extract the recovery.img from 'recovery.tar.md5' and then flash it using fastboot ("fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" (permanent on device) and/or "fastboot boot recovery.img" (just boot it from pc))
    7. Once in recovery: clean cache & clean dalvik cache. (I did a full wipe to be sure I don't report bugs to pershoot which are linked to data problems).
    8. Flash the ROM.
    9. Flash gapps.
    10. Reboot
    11. Enjoy your ROM :fingers-crossed:
    12. Put back all your apps (using batch Titanium Backup) but don't restore system apps.
    13. You're done!

If you need to flash the P4 modem:
    1. Get ODIN 1.85
    2. Get the Samsung drivers "SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_v1_3_2300_0" (google it)
    3. Install the driver for Tab
    4. Download the modem image from pershoot's p3 repository
    5. Boot into bootloader (press power and hold volume-up and volume-down at the same time, then select Downloading).
    6. Start ODIN (you should see the first block become yellow on the screen => means your device is connected)
    7. Select PDA and browse to the modem file
    8. Flash it
    9. You're done. Make sure you got the correct RIL by flashing the latest image.

Video made by SjPedro22
    WORKING
    • bluetooth
    • browser
    back camera (8MP)
    • gps
    • install/move apps on sd card
    • mobile data 3g/2g
    • rotation
    • sound (notifications, calls, ringtones, alarm, music)
    • superuser
    • MTP
    • video playback
    • vibration
    • wifi
    • youtube
    front camera

BUGS
    • none! If you find one, please post them in this thread!
    Latest recovery from droidbasement.
    Madjose, I'll get it fixed up.

fixed.

it should build successfully for the next nightly run.
    Re: [Today] Cyanogenmod 10.1 - Android 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean) - NIGHTLY

Madjose, I'll get it fixed up.
    Sorry for the dumb question, but does anyone have the links to this?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

here you have mate, link to gapps ;)

http://goo.im/gapps

just it the thanks button ;)