Help with s-on and h-boot 1.27.0000

Search This thread

zooster

Oct 14, 2007
I've just got a new sensation with s-on and h-boot 1.27.000 and official vodafone ics firmware.
I wanted to frlash arhd 6.6.2, but as long as I got there I have to s.off the phone...
But I cannot s-off the phone if it's h-boot 1.27.0000, so what do I have to do?

zooster

Oct 14, 2007
I've got this message from revolutionary tool:

=============================================
| Revolutionary S-OFF & Recovery Tool 0.4pre4 |
=============================================
Brought to you by AlphaRev & unrEVOked.

Waiting for device...
Found your device: HTC Sensation Z710e (pyramid-1.27.0000, Android: 4.0.3, ROM v
ersion: 3.32.162.11)

Your device: pyramid, with HBOOT 1.27.0000 is not supported at this time.
Press (almost) any key to exit.

In the faq I've read there is no mention about the unsupported hboot 1.27.0000...

Shall I downgrade the hboot? But how if it's not rooted nor SCID nor s-off..??

Last edited:

zooster

Oct 14, 2007
So basically I'm stuck with original firmware?
What can I do then, root? scid..? cwm?

zooster

Oct 14, 2007
Ok, thank you.
But I tried to flash the CWM taken from the guide thred putting the PG58IMG.zip in the root of the sd.
But when I start the bootloader it says wrong image...

zooster

Oct 14, 2007
Still says wrong image....
My cid num, got with adb, is: VODAP102.
Should I insert it in android-info?
Should I super cid the phone before cwm?

Last edited:

yasin12

Jun 22, 2010
Youre gonna have to unlock your bootloader by using htc's official method (google it). Then youll be able to install CWM and whatever else. There are limitations, theres a good guide in the development section about htc official bootloader unlocker. Read that before attempting.

elspam99

Apr 16, 2012
i have same problem, im new to all this but want to root my phone. I have updated to the new ice cream sandwich through the vodafone over air update. i have looked through step guides but i dont know where to start! i have s-on so how do i get this off or do i need to?

Thanks

T-Macgnolia

Sep 30, 2010
Shannon, Ms.
Just tried and it does not install the CWM. So do I have to unlock the bootloader with the official method?

Yes you will have to use the HTC Dev method right now if you want to flash a custom ICS ROM being as those are the only ones you will be able to flash with the Hboot you have. But know this ahead of time the HYC De. Unlock is very different then the Revolutionary unlock. Click the link in my sig to learn mote about the HTc Dev unlock and what it allows you to do. But if I was you I would just wait until Revolutionary supports Hboot 1.27.0000, or someone comes up with a Hboot downgrade for the Sensation cause the HTC Dev method does not fully unlock all portitions except the radio portition like Revolutionary does. Plus it leaves evidence your bootloader has been unlocked so HTC can say your warranty is void. Check out this post to as it gives a little more insight on HTC Dev unlock.

zooster

Oct 14, 2007
So to root the device I have to CWM it, to CWM it I need to unlock the bootloader?
But, If not rooted, unlocked nor CWModded, can I just install ARHD?
Ok, let's take it the other way round:
My phone is locked, hboot 1.27.0000, S-on, cid VODAP102 and not rooted, but last official stock ics.
Now I want to install last ARHD, what should I do and how??

T-Macgnolia

Sep 30, 2010
Shannon, Ms.
So to root the device I have to CWM it, to CWM it I need to unlock the bootloader?
But, If not rooted, unlocked nor CWModded, can I just install ARHD?
Ok, let's take it the other way round:
My phone is locked, hboot 1.27.0000, S-on, cid VODAP102 and not rooted, but last official stock ics.
Now I want to install last ARHD, what should I do and how??

To flash AHRD you will have to have a unlocked bootloader, either by HTC Dev method or by Revolutionary method. Now as stated by you, malybru, and myself we all know Revolutionary is not compatible with Hboot 1.27.0000 (as of right now), which your device currently has. So this leaves only the HTC Dev method. Now I personally agree with others here on XDA, I would normally stay far away from unlocking via HTC Dev. But seeing as you bought your Sensation new with Hboot 1.27.0000, you really have no other alternative but to wait for Revolutionary to update or for some other means of unlocking becomes available. Also if you do manage to downgrade your Hboot you will have to use HTC Dev to do it.

Now I am in no way saying you should use HTC Dev, nor am I advocating HTC Dev. I am just trying to inform you. What you do with your device is your choice and your choice only. But what ever you do, please post back here with your decision and if applicable any results.

Also if you was wondering why you have to use HT Dev to downgrade Hboot, read this post. Yeah I know it is for GB ROMs but I imagine the same probably holds true for ICS. I mean it is the HTC Dev unlock that allowsyou to downgrade in that senario. But what do I know.

Jalkren

Mar 7, 2012
Singapore
To flash AHRD you will have to have a unlocked bootloader, either by HTC Dev method or by Revolutionary method. Now as stated by you, malybru, and myself we all know Revolutionary is not compatible with Hboot 1.27.0000 (as of right now), which your device currently has. So this leaves only the HTC Dev method. Now I personally agree with others here on XDA, I would normally stay far away from unlocking via HTC Dev. But seeing as you bought your Sensation new with Hboot 1.27.0000, you really have no other alternative but to wait for Revolutionary to update or for some other means of unlocking becomes available. Also if you do manage to downgrade your Hboot you will have to use HTC Dev to do it.

Now I am in no way saying you should use HTC Dev, nor am I advocating HTC Dev. I am just trying to inform you. What you do with your device is your choice and your choice only. But what ever you do, please post back here with your decision and if applicable any results.

Also if you was wondering why you have to use HT Dev to downgrade Hboot, read this post. Yeah I know it is for GB ROMs but I imagine the same probably holds true for ICS. I mean it is the HTC Dev unlock that allowsyou to downgrade in that senario. But what do I know.

Do you mean by using Htc dev, i'll be able to downgrade my hboot?

My hboot is 1.27.0000 with S On.

Last edited:

tuanchuoi01

Feb 29, 2012
Hi,

There is currently no way to downgrade firmware with s-on and hboot 1.27.000

:)

Sure, exploit H.Boot 1.27.0000 for S-Off is revolution, new model of HTC phone is same like HTC_One :D
****ing S-ON policy HTC because you total locked us :mad:
And that is why HTC always following behind Samsung nowadays

I'm waiting XDA revolution :rolleyes:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4601753

Hi,
I'm new to this forum and new nothing about rooting until a few days ago...quickly discovered the fact that Revolution does not support 1.27.

I unlocked with HTC DEV, ran recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.0.9-pyramid.img using Fastboot CLI.

After that I backed up my stock Vodafone ICS ROM using CWM then switched to the XDA guide for rooting with su-2.3.6.3 and followed rest of XDA guides for installing a ROM (really useful guides - Thanks!!)

Within an hour I had gone from stock Vodafone ICS to Virtuous Inquisition-v4.0.1 :)

I'll admit I got hooked up on flashing recovery and was given some guidance by a friendly soul but figured the rest out from this forum..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That's not an error, that's what HBOOT does, it's looking for a PG58IMG.zip file, which is an official zip containing system images. It will do that every time you enter HBOOT, on any HTC phone.
    Just tried and it does not install the CWM. So do I have to unlock the bootloader with the official method?

Yes you will have to use the HTC Dev method right now if you want to flash a custom ICS ROM being as those are the only ones you will be able to flash with the Hboot you have. But know this ahead of time the HYC De. Unlock is very different then the Revolutionary unlock. Click the link in my sig to learn mote about the HTc Dev unlock and what it allows you to do. But if I was you I would just wait until Revolutionary supports Hboot 1.27.0000, or someone comes up with a Hboot downgrade for the Sensation cause the HTC Dev method does not fully unlock all portitions except the radio portition like Revolutionary does. Plus it leaves evidence your bootloader has been unlocked so HTC can say your warranty is void. Check out this post to as it gives a little more insight on HTC Dev unlock.
    Hi,
    I'm new to this forum and new nothing about rooting until a few days ago...quickly discovered the fact that Revolution does not support 1.27.

I unlocked with HTC DEV, ran recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.0.9-pyramid.img using Fastboot CLI.

After that I backed up my stock Vodafone ICS ROM using CWM then switched to the XDA guide for rooting with su-2.3.6.3 and followed rest of XDA guides for installing a ROM (really useful guides - Thanks!!)

Within an hour I had gone from stock Vodafone ICS to Virtuous Inquisition-v4.0.1 :)

I'll admit I got hooked up on flashing recovery and was given some guidance by a friendly soul but figured the rest out from this forum..

This is what I was trying to point out in my last post in this thread. if you have Hboot 1.27.0000 you can use HTC Dev to unlock the bootloader. You should be able to flash a stock GB ROM either by SD card or RUU and revert your Hboot to 1.18.0000 or lower depending on what GB ROM version you flash. That is unless the unlocking of the bootloader is not the opposing variable, and the Hboot itself is what has the block on downgrading it. Now this this is all just theory so I am not responsible if anyone tries this and it goes bad.

May I ask you some questions?
    1-Was your android version before unlocking bootloader ICS?
    2-Is your device S-OFF now, after unlocking bootloader?
    thanks

Well their Android version must have been 4.0.3 as that is the version of the official update. Hboot 1.27.0000 is only in the ICS update. And seeing as they unlocked via HTC Dev it says Unlocked Shipped S-on.
    Lucky I found this thread.. I've had the HTC Dev S-Off for a week and so far haven't even tried to take advantage of it. My previous phone was an LG model that was ridiculously easy to root, so it took me a while to understand all this stuff about S-off etc.

I *think* that doing the Dev S-Off will not void your warranty, unless you do something that messes up the device completely. Hardware-related issues will most likely still continue being under the warranty.

So basically, if I want to root but NOT install a custom rom, I just follow what you did, but stop at switched to the XDA guide for rooting with su-2.3.6.3
    ?

Hi,

Applying the su-2,3,6,3 is what roots your phone,

:)
    Thanks :) It didn't go as planned. It gives me an error 0 when I install from zip and I don't have root... Dunno why.

I've noticed that the su update zips seem to fail on numerous phones now. Try this one: http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=966165&d=1332770945