[ROM][CDMA] Official Evervolv for Express Nightlies

Search This thread

jmz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 17, 2008
Lawton, OK
www.jmzsoft.com
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Just a note. I'm going on some much needed vacation time today till the end of the month. My build server should still crank out nightlies but not much will be done development wise from me. Just giving you guys a heads up.

Sent from my PK7630000 using xda premium

zitomd

Feb 5, 2011
Enjoy the vacation

Just a note. I'm going on some much needed vacation time today till the end of the month. My build server should still crank out nightlies but not much will be done development wise from me. Just giving you guys a heads up.

Sent from my PK7630000 using xda premium

Enjoy your much deserved vacation. Hurry back though as I like where this ROM is going.

ishyjo

Jul 8, 2009
Hi jmz, I'm coming from your CM10 build and I'm having problem loading up. I have wiped data, cache, delvik, and system. the rom installs correctly but it gets stuck at the boot screen. any thoughts? recovery used was revolutionary? thanks for your work on this device!

edit: just tried the 20121112 nightly and it appears to install correctly....
on a side note, I wanted to use the picasa sync-ability so I downloaded gapps-jb-picasa-20121011-signed.zip and notice that the size of the app is 3.84mb vs gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip (88.41mb). Any idea why that is?

Last edited:

MUNDO23

Mar 4, 2010
Mine keeps getting stuck in the bootscreen:confused::confused::confused:

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using xda app-developers app

elrayray

Dec 30, 2011
Downloaded 20121113 nightly ...installed, booted, and running. Calendar sync force closing, launcher FC when switching orientation in Tablet Mode (no big deal), GPS not working as far as I can tell, no WiMax, otherwise everything is great. GPS and WiMax are important, but so far not a dealbreaker. So much better than 3.2! Looking like this will become a great ROM.

Sent from my Evo View using xda app-developers app

elrayray

Dec 30, 2011
After most of one day "in the wild," I have to say that I love this ROM. Definitely the most stable 4.x ROM I've flashed on the View. The lack of GPS is a real drag, and WiMax would be awesome, as I said earlier. Front-facing camera would be great, as well. Battery life is acceptable and 3G seems to "feel" faster. I'll continue using it until the GPS becomes a deal-breaker, which will be the first time my EVO LTE isn't handy. Great work!

smknjoe78

Jan 18, 2012
Point Reyes
Wow that would be awesome to have Android 4.2 on the view I have it on my inspire right now and it is amazing. If you get it working on this device I would flip out great work.

Sent from my PG41200 using xda premium

review

I get weird graphics alot. It isn't as smooth as bruce's jellybean rom on my sensation but i'm thinking thats more so the tablets hardware than your rom. Other than not being able to watch netflix and the gps it's an enjoyable daily driver for me. I don't use it for camera so thats no big deal. But for day to day use it's reliable. i'm using the v6 supercharger mod, juice defender, system tuner pro with nova launcher btw. Battery life is good. I'd say netflix is my biggest gripe. appreciate your hard work. My job got me this tablet a yr ago and no amount of complaining is gonna get me a newer one lol

joytofender

Apr 13, 2011
Irving
Works fine, just waiting for bluetooth

Downloaded the 20121113 nightly version. It runs fast and smooth. I get some FC with camera and a couple of times with Launcher. The glitch when rotating is not a big deal. Not interested in WiMAX, and GPS is not a dealbreaker. It will be my daily driver once bluetooth (I use a stereo headset for music) and Netflix/Hulu are working.
Thank you for investing your time on this!!

elrayray

Dec 30, 2011
I've been using the latest nightly for over a week now, here are my thoughts:

1. For some reason, I can no longer view anything on YouTube. The app returns an error stating, "There was a problem while playing/Touch to retry." The browser page (using Chrome, Dolphin, Firefox, and stock) shows flash errors. I'm going to look at my Flash install,

2. The graphic glitches are significant sources of lag,

3. For me, a front-facing camera definitely takes precedence over rear-facing. I couldn't care less about the rear-facing camera. I actually wonder why tablets have them.

4. All of the above being said, this is by far the longest I've kept a 4.x ROM installed. If you fixed GPS, WiMax, and FFC (my order of priority), I would never flash again, and would be glad to send a donation.

Thanks! :beer:

KingKong86

Apr 20, 2012
sedalia
I went to download the highly and it downloads a file called download.php

Sent from my Evo View using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

attachment.php

Evervolv is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.1 (Jellybean) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

im on freenode #onev-dev a lot so if you want join me there.

Rom Installation:

Wipe Data, Cache, and system (optional but recommended, this will be the first question if you have FCs or random reboots)
    Flash the ROM
    Flash GApps
    Reboot into the system (first boot will take several minutes)

Download

GApps

Screenshots

Changelog:
    Code:
    For an updated changelog look here  http://review.evervolv.com/#/q/status:merged,n,z

2012-11-10
    Original upload

Working:
    -Camera
    -Sound
    -Data
    -SMS
    -MMS
    -Wifi
    -Charging LED

Broken: (In order of importance)
    Headphones
    Bluetooth
    Camcorder

Donations: Ok, so im not the type thats going to say "if you donate you will get special access." (yes i got asked this already, which is the point of this writing) Sorry, just not my style. Not trying to make money. But donations are welcome. Maybe I will get to work more on it if I can take the wifey out for dinner :). You will get your name in the 2nd post under donated. Also, if you do donate please pm me here with transaction id. That will make it where i can confirm your donation and add you to the list on donators. Thanks for all you guys support. Link in signature

Github

Evervolv team. Obviously
    preludedrew - For helping a lot
    ynconsulting - For original kernel/device folder
    just in case
    Well I'm on vacation right now and can't do much to fix it. I'm sure the reason for the issues is partial merged 4.2. When I get back home I will work on getting 4.2 working and next release will most likely be that

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
    Is this rom still in the phoneUI only stage or is there an option to switch or what?

There is an option to go to full tablet mode.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
    Not asking for specific date... just wondering if this ROM is being worked on at all? Love the ROM so far but would love to see an update. :) Thanks for all the hard work really truly hope to see something soon. :)

I think this ROM is abandoned. Check the last nightly or stable build, I think the last update was around November last year.

Sent from my PG41200 using xda app-developers app