[GUIDE] Install NvFlash Flatline (become unbrickable!!)

Search This thread

cmendonc2

Aug 29, 2011
hello
I have followed your tutorial on my Asus TF300T Android 4.2.1 build 10.6.1.27.5.
I installed ADB Fastboot, placed flatline_device.img file in the ADB folder.
When I get to step 4 the fastboot devices command displays the serial number of my tablet but the command to flash the image file does nothing !...
My question is: Should the tablet be rooted for this manipulation? or it could be something else?
Thank you for your help

No, it does not have to be rooted, only the bootloader must be unlocked. Can you post a screenshot of it happening?

baderlyon

Nov 25, 2013
No, it does not have to be rooted, only the bootloader must be unlocked. Can you post a screenshot of it happening?
Ok thank you for your quick response, it may be the reason.
Do you have a link to a guide to unlock the bootloader of this device?

EDIT: I found how to unlock the bootloader.
I'll do it then I remade your guide.
thank you

Last edited:

baderlyon

Nov 25, 2013
I'm back
I unlocked the bootloader and all goes well until step 5.
But I can't reboot in recovery mode after step 4. CWM is not installed on my tablet because it is not yet rooted, is CWM mandatory to reboot in recovery mode? or is there another method to reboot in recovery mode?

cmendonc2

Aug 29, 2011
I'm back
I unlocked the bootloader and all goes well until step 5.
But I can't reboot in recovery mode after step 4. CWM is not installed on my tablet because it is not yet rooted, is CWM mandatory to reboot in recovery mode? or is there another method to reboot in recovery mode?

By rebooting in recovery mode, what do you mean? Rebooting into the recovery image after you flash it or reboot into the fastboot menu?

CWM should be installed on your tablet after you run the command in step 5. If it doesn't work, make sure you ahve the universal naked drivers installed and the tablet shows up in Device Manager.

Matatusku

Jan 9, 2014
I finally started to doing this but i have problem with Step 6 end. I done both steps but i cannot find those files from my tablet and adb can pull them because it cant find then either. Should i try to flash again or what to do? I tried es file manager search but it couldnt find them either. Step 1 im sure it gone as it should but should device reboot or something in step 2? I didint watch the screen and it just stayed at the recovery and i went to first screen to reboot the device. Did something go wrong that step?

cmendonc2

Aug 29, 2011
I finally started to doing this but i have problem with Step 6 end. I done both steps but i cannot find those files from my tablet and adb can pull them because it cant find then either. Should i try to flash again or what to do? I tried es file manager search but it couldnt find them either. Step 1 im sure it gone as it should but should device reboot or something in step 2? I didint watch the screen and it just stayed at the recovery and i went to first screen to reboot the device. Did something go wrong that step?

So you did Step one and then rebooted back into your JellyBean ROM yourself? Only after that can you go back into your the CWM recovery and do step 2.

slide200sx

Jan 12, 2011
Port Elizabeth
TF300TG JB 4.2.1 (Version WW_V10.6.2.11)

Hi,

I would like to know if this will work on the above device, I tried doing this with the previous JB 4.1.1 and I followed as per the posts to flash NVFLASH and the tablet was soft bricked on while doing the first step:

running the first phase of this in recovery and the tablet had the blue line finish loading and then I was to reboot the tablet and let it be on fully before rebooting to recovery and doing the phase 2 part, but here my tablet just hung on the asus logo.

I had to flash the blob file of the latest FW from asus to the tablet in fastboot to get it running again.

Now I worry if that happens again on the 4.2.1 rom, will I be able to flash the blob again from the same rom and be ok....or am I know not able to NVFLASH my Tablet?

Thank you to all in advance!

Matatusku

Jan 9, 2014
So you did Step one and then rebooted back into your JellyBean ROM yourself? Only after that can you go back into your the CWM recovery and do step 2.

I did step 1 then it shutdown itself as it should and i rebooted back to android and the bluebar showed up. Then i rebooted to recovery and did step 2.

I just did Step 2 again. Here what read on tablet:

FlatLine CWM Recovery V1.0RC1
attempting to mount data
Generating wheelie blobs...
Please "adb pull /data/media/Androidroot"
Attempting to upload blobs...
Upload Succesfull!
DONE!

Then i go back to back to first screen and reboot to android. When i tried to do those commands to pull files cmd just says:
error: Device Not found

I cant find those files with ES File explorer or computer either.

Should i start the whole thing again to be sure everything is done right if there was some unknown issue in some step?

cmendonc2

Aug 29, 2011
Hi,

I would like to know if this will work on the above device, I tried doing this with the previous JB 4.1.1 and I followed as per the posts to flash NVFLASH and the tablet was soft bricked on while doing the first step:

running the first phase of this in recovery and the tablet had the blue line finish loading and then I was to reboot the tablet and let it be on fully before rebooting to recovery and doing the phase 2 part, but here my tablet just hung on the asus logo.

I had to flash the blob file of the latest FW from asus to the tablet in fastboot to get it running again.

Now I worry if that happens again on the 4.2.1 rom, will I be able to flash the blob again from the same rom and be ok....or am I know not able to NVFLASH my Tablet?

Thank you to all in advance!

NvFlash is only compatible with the 4.2 bootloader, so it makes sense that it wouldn't have worked on the 4.1 bootloader. Make sure that you do not install the oldest 4.2 bootloader because that will NOT work (10.6.1.8).

cmendonc2

Aug 29, 2011
I did step 1 then it shutdown itself as it should and i rebooted back to android and the bluebar showed up. Then i rebooted to recovery and did step 2.

I just did Step 2 again. Here what read on tablet:

FlatLine CWM Recovery V1.0RC1
attempting to mount data
Generating wheelie blobs...
Please "adb pull /data/media/Androidroot"
Attempting to upload blobs...
Upload Succesfull!
DONE!

Then i go back to back to first screen and reboot to android. When i tried to do those commands to pull files cmd just says:
error: Device Not found

I cant find those files with ES File explorer or computer either.

Should i start the whole thing again to be sure everything is done right if there was some unknown issue in some step?

Did you look in both of the directories in the guide? What folders are located in /data/media

Matatusku

Jan 9, 2014
Did you look in both of the directories in the guide? What folders are located in /data/media

I started the es file explorer and noticed i havent been trying to search from device. I was on the device memory card. (not my own sd card). Now i found the Data folder but it is empty. I cant even find folder named tmp

Last edited:

baderlyon

Nov 25, 2013
I started the es file explorer and noticed i havent been trying to search from device. I was on the device memory card. (not my own sd card). Now i found the Data folder but it is empty. I cant even find folder named tmp

I had the same problem, I used "es explorer" but access to these files was not possible. When I rooted the tablet I had access with "es explorer" with root access option enabled.
So my conclusion to access these files you must be rooted. :eek:

Matatusku

Jan 9, 2014
I had the same problem, I used "es explorer" but access to these files was not possible. When I rooted the tablet I had access with "es explorer" with root access option enabled.
So my conclusion to access these files you must be rooted. :eek:

Thank you for that. I had problem with this CM11 which was the main reason i started doing nvflash thing and it seems that my superuser wasnt working properly so i had to install it again and download the ES file explorer again and give it permissions. Now everything works and i found the folder from here:

adb pull /data/media/AndroidRoot

I cant find the /tmp but it does not matter if im right?

EDIT: I done whole progress and now i have files save. When i took IMG files from device it went to nvflash-tools-win32 folder where was the program too.

Last edited:

cmendonc2

Aug 29, 2011
Thank you for that. I had problem with this CM11 which was the main reason i started doing nvflash thing and it seems that my superuser wasnt working properly so i had to install it again and download the ES file explorer again and give it permissions. Now everything works and i found the folder from here:

I cant find the /tmp but it does not matter if im right?

EDIT: I done whole progress and now i have files save. When i took IMG files from device it went to nvflash-tools-win32 folder where was the program too.

Yep that should contain all of the files you need to restore.

slide200sx

Jan 12, 2011
Port Elizabeth
NvFlash is only compatible with the 4.2 bootloader, so it makes sense that it wouldn't have worked on the 4.1 bootloader. Make sure that you do not install the oldest 4.2 bootloader because that will NOT work (10.6.1.8).

Okay, cool so you think I should try it now on the latest firmware from Asus download page Version WW_V10.6.2.11 for TF300TG?

Surely that has the latest bootloader and should work, I am just worried if the same thing happens I will not be able to flash a ROM again.

I have the latest TWRP 2.5.0 recovery for the TF300T 4.2 from there download page and the same one as discribe in this post http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2187982

This should be okay now to flash?

Thank you cmendonc2, I have just not been around for a while and not so fresh with the new ways yet and hate to sit with a pretty looking paper weight:)

Last edited:

cmendonc2

Aug 29, 2011
Okay, cool so you think I should try it now on the latest firmware from Asus download page Version WW_V10.6.2.11 for TF300TG?

Surely that has the latest bootloader and should work, I am just worried if the same thing happens I will not be able to flash a ROM again.

I have the latest TWRP 2.5.0 recovery for the TF300T 4.2 from there download page and the same one as discribe in this post http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2187982

This should be okay now to flash?

Thank you cmendonc2, I have just not been around for a while and not so fresh with the new ways yet and hate to sit with a pretty looking paper weight:)

According to this guy, it does work on that (10.6.2.11) bootloader for the tg

slide200sx

Jan 12, 2011
Port Elizabeth
According to this guy, it does work on that (10.6.2.11) bootloader for the tg

Hi, I managed to get the NVflash working with the latest JB 4.2.1 firmware...whoop whoop!!!

I then found a guide that sounded to good to be true and there was a way to downgrade from the latest FW 4.2.1 to the previous FW by putting the once extracted .Zip file on a SD card and booting the tablet up from totally off.

Link: http://www.transformerforums.com/fo...335-successful-downgrade-4-1-1-hdmi-back.html

So I tried this, what do you know it worked...I was rooted, unlocked, TWRP installed before I strated and it worked, downgraded me and then I did I factory reset from TWRP which I pushed over fastboot and then rooted again with these intructions here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2187982

So, very happy now with a clean install of the latest FW from Asus and the help of the folk at XDA and busy installing my backup app's now:)

BrakeZ

Jan 22, 2014
Hi, I´m preparing for doing NvFlash Flatline on my Asus TFT300.
I haven´t done anything like that yet, so at some points I´m not exactly sure.
I have just official ASUS update on my device.

1) Am I right, that I just need to unlock Bootloader, but nothing else to start this guide? No root(even for step 6?) or something else...right?

2) I´m not exactly sure in step 5 - I just need to hold the power button (after the blue bar on device will fill in step 4) and it will reboot to Android? Because there:
By rebooting in recovery mode, what do you mean? Rebooting into the recovery image after you flash it or reboot into the fastboot menu?

CWM should be installed on your tablet after you run the command in step 5. If it doesn't work, make sure you ahve the universal naked drivers installed and the tablet shows up in Device Manager.
you say something about running the command in step 5, but I guess that you just mean the command in step 4?

3) In step 6 I should Reboot into recovery but I can´t find how I can do that. I should restart the tablet by holding the power button and while booting I should hold something? I´ve found, that for same devices it is Power button and volume down, but I can´t find if it is the same with Asus 300tft?

4) In final step 9 - I need to flash some recovery? Or it is optional? I want to get CM11 or AOKP later, but first I want to do this antibrick guide to be safe :) Than I would probably need some recovery or sometnig I guess, I will read about it after I will done this NVflash guide succesfully :)

Other steps are clear for me, at least I hope so :) Thank you very much for your help!

Last edited:

cmendonc2

Aug 29, 2011
Hi, I´m preparing for doing NvFlash Flatline on my Asus TFT300.
I haven´t done anything like that yet, so at some points I´m not exactly sure.
I have just official ASUS update on my device.

1) Am I right, that I just need to unlock Bootloader, but nothing else to start this guide? No root(even for step 6?) or something else...right?

2) I´m not exactly sure in step 5 - I just need to hold the power button (after the blue bar on device will fill in step 4) and it will reboot to Android? Because there:

you say something about running the command in step 5, but I guess that you just mean the command in step 4?

3) In step 6 I should Reboot into recovery but I can´t find how I can do that. I should restart the tablet by holding the power button and while booting I should hold something? I´ve found, that for same devices it is Power button and volume down, but I can´t find if it is the same with Asus 300tft?

4) In final step 9 - I need to flash some recovery? Or it is optional? I want to get CM11 or AOKP later, but first I want to do this antibrick guide to be safe :) Than I would probably need some recovery or sometnig I guess, I will read about it after I will done this NVflash guide succesfully :)

Other steps are clear for me, at least I hope so :) Thank you very much for your help!

Hi

1) Yes, the bootloader needs to be unlocked and on the versions listed in the first few lines of the guide. You will need root for step 6 to extract the backups.

2.) After flashing the file in step 4, the device will reboot automatically. Allow it to reboot all the way back into Android, do not go directly to the recovery. Once in Android, then reboot back to the recovery and proceed to step 6.

3.) To reboot into recovery, hold the volume down button white pressing the power button right when it is turning on.

4.) In order to flash AOKP KitKat or CM11, you will need either TWRP 2.6.3.1 or CWM Advanced Touch Edition.

Reactions: BrakeZ

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This Optimized Guide is for NvFlash Flatline only! That is for stock Android Versions: 10.6.1.15.3 - 10.6.1.27.5.

According to this post and this post, it works with the tf300tg as well. Bootloader: 10.6.2.11

Original Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2455922

Why install NvFlash?

The AndroidRoot.Mobi Team is proud to present Flatline: Nvflash for TF300T Jellybean!

This release allows generating nvflash blobs for your specific device, making your device unbrickable as long as you have a copy of the blobs.
    As a brand new feature, it will also enable wifi and upload a copy of the blob to androidroot's server. Later, a solution will be released to retrieve the blobs from the server if you ever loose them.

https://www.androidroot.mobi/pages/guides/tegra3-guide-nvflash-jellybean/

Credit goes to the AndroidRoot.Mobi team:
    Bumble-Bee (Apache14), IEF, kmdm, lilstevie & RaYmAn.

You will need ADB and fastboot for this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=42407269. I would suggest keeping the tablet at least at 50% battery.

Guide:

1) Download files
    NvFlash for windows.
    and the TF300 image, which is a custom recovery for the purpose of flashing the AndroidRoot Bootloader.

Place image in ADB folder, and rename it to: flatline_device.img

2) Install Naked Drivers. This may be optional for you. If you can proceed to the next step without, you won't need it.

3) Enter fastboot by rebooting and holding down the power and vol down button. TF300 enters fastboot automatically since this is 4.2 BL.

4) Next we need to enter a command. In side the ADB folder, hold shift and right click. Then select Open command window here.

first check to make sure the device is connected:
    Code:
    fastboot devices
    The device serial number should be listed.

enter command:
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery flatline_device.img -i 0x0b05

Blue bar on device will fill. Be patient.

5) Reboot the Device back into Android. This is an important step.

6) Reboot into recovery which should be CWM at this point. Go Advanced -> Wheelie. Accept the warning.
    step 1) Flash AndroidRoot BL
    The device will shut down, reboot into Android. Then reboot back into recovery.
    step 2) Once back in recovery select go to Advanced ->:”Generate wheelie blobs” Be patient here too.

They can be found in the device at /data/media/AndroidRoot" or /tmp/AndroidRoot
    You can use ADB to get them:
    Code:
    or
    Code:
    adb pull /tmp/AndroidRoot

Alternatively, you can use a root file explorer such as ES File Manager. Be sure to copy all of the files out of the directory. Make sure you have root access before you try to search for the files.
    Keep this file safe in multiple places.

7)The next section (Accessing NVFlash) is for creating more essential backups with NVFlash.
    step 1) Hold down the volume up key while rebooting and the tablet is plugged in via USB. (This may take a few tries to get into APX mode). If you are successful, the screen will be blank and the device name on the computer will be something along the lines of "NVIDIA APX"
    step 2) Take the NvFlash tools zip and extract them to a folder. Shift right click in that folder and select "Open Command window here".
    step 3) Copy the blob.bin from the Step # 7 above into the NvFlash folder.
    step 4) run the command:
    Code:
    wheelie --blob blob.bin

8) Next we run some commands to get even more backup files. These should all be run from the same command window in the previous step.
    Code:
    nvflash --resume --rawdeviceread 0 2944 bricksafe.img
    Code:
    nvflash --resume --read 14 factory-config.img
    Code:
    nvflash --resume --read 7 unlock-token.img

These files will be stored in C:\User\AppData\Local\VirtualStore (on the computer)
    If they are not there, run a search on your computer for
    Code:
    *img

9.) Flash any other recovery you want, including TWRP. Be sure it is the correct version for your bootloader.

10.) Store ALL of the img files AND the blob.bin AND all other files in the folder in multiple safe places (email, dropbox, HDD, flash drive, SD card, tape backup, or your favorite plant etc.)

11.) Enjoy the peace of mind that you can now restore your device if you brick it :)

Hit that thanks button if I helped and also thanks to @bucket81 and of course AndroidRoot.mobi devs @rayman
    Recovery

For recovery from a brick when you have already made your NvFlash backups, look here:

As @ebildude123 pointed out, first try

Code:
    nvflash -r --download 5 twrp.blob

where the output should be:

Code:
    Nvflash v1.13.87205 started
    [resume mode]
    sending file: twrp.blob
    - 8165480/8165480 bytes sent
    twrp.blob sent successfully

Then the device proceeded to reboot into android :)

If that does not work, try using the method here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2590450

Thanks to @lj50036 and @bucket81
    Hello guys! This nvflash does it work in the Memopad 301T or only TF300T? Both tab works for Tegra 3.

If you can flash a Tf300t version of CWM recovery to your ME301 then it could work. I dont have a 301, so i cant test it but i dont think it will because this is bootloader specific and the me301 does not have the same bootloader.
    Hello,

Thanks for the information.
    I have one more question.
    What should I install CWM, this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2597860 or this: https://download.androidroot.mobi/flatline_tf300.img ?

You need to use this https://download.androidroot.mobi/flatline_tf300.img one because it has the NvFlash options.
    Just wondering, if I made the blobs for preJB, then upgraded to JB (so now I'm on JB bootloader), should I bother using Flatline? or will my preJB blobs be ok (and make me unbrickable)?

Well, when you restore, you restore back to ICS bootloader so you will have to reflash the stock JB zips first. I don't think its worth the hassle if you already have them.