angyone know an app that allows you to play music through the phone bluetooth profile

Search This thread

cjindustry

Nov 21, 2008
my car doesnt have a audio profile but does do the phone throguh stereo, i was wondering if there is an app that will treat the music like a phone call and allow it to play through my car audio like a phone call

madeSICC

Sep 19, 2010
BTmono might work? Check it out on the market

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

techntrek

Oct 29, 2007
MD
Sounds like you would be better off with something like a Sound Fly. Plugs into your cigarette lighter and streams Bluetooth > FM.

wish777

Jan 24, 2012
Cleveland
OnePlus 6T
if your car supports bluetooth,for best quality use a 3.5mm jack....there's a couple good apps for with equalizers..or volume+ to get some very loud stuff pushing out plus settings in beta stage I believe and need to be rooted...bluetooth to me I don't think the quality will be that good,I may be wrong..

techntrek

Oct 29, 2007
MD
if your car supports bluetooth,for best quality use a 3.5mm jack.......bluetooth to me I don't think the quality will be that good,I may be wrong.

No, use bluetooth. The BT encoding is CD quality for starters. Plus this keeps the signal digital from source to receiver.

A big problem with using the jack is if you are also charging the phone you can set up a ground loop which will ruin the sound quality. Which is another good reason to stick with BT.

johnus

Nov 25, 2007
Laguna Beach
He's talking about transmitting music through the mono hands free profile, not A2DP - his stereo doesn't support it. So it most definitely will not be "CD quality" otherwise my phone calls should be sounding a helluva lot better.

cjindustry: like madeSICC mentioned, BTmono may be what you're looking for. Give it a shot, although it won't work with everything. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bedoig.BTmono

And maybe you can look into your car's audio system a bit more, see if there's an auxiliary input that isn't advertised. Mine had the headers for aux but nothing hooked up to it. $20 later and I had the parts to install my own 3.5mm aux jack which is what I use for my in-car audio. Like techntrek said though, if you're charging there's always the possibility of some interference being heard and worst-case scenario, a power surge that could fry your stereo.

dakleenupman

Nov 30, 2008
Chicago
When you pair the device, go into the Bluetooth menu and see if there are settings to switch on/off for phone as well as media. Maybe with that you may get what you need. Just an idea.

slaydog

Dec 14, 2009
I used to listen to Sirius/podcasts and stuff through my regular BT earpiece on Windows Mobile, but have always found on Android that it is just too quiet to pump media through regular BT.
Gonna try with the Note tomorrow, hopefully its better.
There are a couple of apps to do it in the market (oh wait, its not called that anymore...)

Sent from my SGH-I717R using Tapatalk

Last edited:

techntrek

Oct 29, 2007
MD
He's talking about transmitting music through the mono hands free profile, not A2DP - his stereo doesn't support it. So it most definitely will not be "CD quality"...

The poster I was responding to made it sound like playing music through a jack will sound better than using BT, which isn't true. I wasn't talking about the OP. I didn't want anyone reading this thread to walk away from it thinking that a hard-wired jack has better sound quality than BT.

You are correct that if the OP has an option between using a jack or the mono phone profile the jack will sound better. I gave him a better option (the Sound Fly) which will let him use the better-sounding BT.

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

I used to listen to Sirius/podcasts and stuff through my regular BT earpiece on Windows Mobile, but have always found on Android that it is just too quiet to pump media through regular BT.

For starters make sure the Android Media volume is set to high, also make sure the app you are using to stream or play podcasts has its own volume set to high (some apps let you link the two, which I recommend). Then you can try adding something like Music Volume EQ by K&K Design to boost the volume (especially bass) even more.

If you stream Sirius do NOT use the SiriusXM app to do it. It will not give you the full 128 kbps sound quality you can get from the desktop app, even though it claims it will adjust dynamically to current network conditions. My solution is to use moble.musicdock.com along with the XiiaLive Lite streaming app.

Russll

Feb 9, 2012
I don't think you need an application. The phones music player can play music via Bluetooth. While in the music player just play a song, hit the menu button, and then click "via Bluetooth". Hope this helps.

3580tvb.jpg

fbueller

Mar 28, 2006
BTMono in the market works great, it's only a buck or two and has an on/off widget. I used it to stream podcasts while I was out walking the dogs, much easier than switching headsets. It's an elegant app and works well.

johnus

Nov 25, 2007
Laguna Beach
The poster I was responding to made it sound like playing music through a jack will sound better than using BT, which isn't true. I wasn't talking about the OP. I didn't want anyone reading this thread to walk away from it thinking that a hard-wired jack has better sound quality than BT.

You are correct that if the OP has an option between using a jack or the mono phone profile the jack will sound better. I gave him a better option (the Sound Fly) which will let him use the better-sounding BT.

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

For starters make sure the Android Media volume is set to high, also make sure the app you are using to stream or play podcasts has its own volume set to high (some apps let you link the two, which I recommend). Then you can try adding something like Music Volume EQ by K&K Design to boost the volume (especially bass) even more.

If you stream Sirius do NOT use the SiriusXM app to do it. It will not give you the full 128 kbps sound quality you can get from the desktop app, even though it claims it will adjust dynamically to current network conditions. My solution is to use moble.musicdock.com along with the XiiaLive Lite streaming app.

But that just takes the Bluetooth audio and transmits it via FM, correct? I've never heard an FM transmitter that was higher quality than an auxiliary input or line in. Plus if you're in a heavily populated area, it's almost impossible to find an open frequency where the transmitter won't be fighting with commercial stations. I gave up on FM transmitters long ago, even had a quite expensive one professionally installed in my prior car. Wasn't worth it.

Something else I just thought of...OP, any chance you have a tape player? Those cassette adapters with a 3.5mm connector can sound pretty outstanding...

I'll have to check out Music Volume EQ, I've noticed that the sound on mine is pretty low as well, even with everything maxed out. Normal audio is fine on my Note, but the Pandora audio streams seem to be lower than I'm used to on both iOS and Windows Mobile.

stablerock

Nov 19, 2011
Does anybody knows why the volume LED's doesn't light up on the
K&K Music Equalizer app.?

Sent from my SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app