Jaredsburrows

May 3, 2011
Orlando
www.burrowsapps.com
★★☆Please Comment and make Suggestions for new features before Rating!☆★★

qr.png

uuWpgvaOMnRUMuH4134Jji_hU0pjZhHXVYpZVqt1j2ehiq3zkXscbawKPf9tWmCGVQ

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=burrows.apps.crypto

crypTo is a lightweight and powerful utility that calculates hashes from text or files stored on your device. You can calculate multiple hashes and file checksums at the same time to save time! Once you have calculated the checksums, you can easily click on them to copy them to the clipboard for use elsewhere! Hash your passwords and then Google the hash to see if it has been cracked! Hash downloaded files form the Internet, check if that hash matches the hash provided to prevent viruses/broken files!

crypTo features:

Hashing Algorithms: CRC32, GOST, MD2, MD4, MD5, RipeMD128, RipeMD160, RipeMD256, RipeMD320, SHA-1, SHA-256, SHA-384, SHA-512, Tiger and Whirlpool!

Other Encoding: Base64, Binary, Decimal, Hex

Encryption
✔ Hashing Strings

Decryption
✔ Binary, Base64, and MD5 Lookup

Passworded File Encryption
✔ AES 256 bit

Checksums
✔ Hashing Files (integrity of files)

Comparing
✔ Compare Hashes and Strings

FAQ:
What is a string?
✔ In computer programming, a string is traditionally a sequence or array of characters, either as a literal constant or as some kind of variable.

What is a hash?
✔ A hash is an encrypted string of letters or numbers by different encryption methods. Hashes are used in cryptography for creating strong passwords, data encryption and to check the integrity of files.

What is a checksum?
✔ A checksum is a generate hash of a file based on its contents.

Tested on the following phones:
✔ Droid
✔ Droid X
✔ HTC Inspire

Permissions requested:
✔ Internet: MD5 Reverse Lookup

Suggestions/Possible Future Updates:
– Text Encryption
– More Encryption Methods such as Adler-32 and Haval-128

Tags: hash encryption decryption Base64 Binary CRC32 GOST MD2 MD4 MD5 RipeMD128 RipeMD160 hash RipeMD256 RipeMD320 SHA-1 SHA-256 SHA-384 SHA-512 Tiger Whirlpool password security droid hack hacking encryption decryption hash hashes message digest algorithm secure cryptographic function checksum rom roms verifier MD5 checker Rivest comparison cyanogenmod cyanogen md5sum mand5 AES file encryption password

Attachments

• qr.png
    qr.png
    594 bytes · Views: 713
Last edited:

KCRic

Aug 4, 2010
Overland Park
Just downloaded it. I'll give it a go in a bit with a few file types and sizes then I'll jump back in the market and rate it.

Jaredsburrows

May 3, 2011
Orlando
www.burrowsapps.com
Hello

Hello,

Thanks for the replies and feedback. Can you make an suggestion or any features you would like to see implemented in future releases?

The next release will show the timings of both the Checksums and File Encryptions as well as the file sizes. :)

Regards,

mcmb03

Feb 24, 2011
Hello,

Thanks for the replies and feedback. Can you make an suggestion or any features you would like to see implemented in future releases?

The next release will show the timings of both the Checksums and File Encryptions as well as the file sizes. :)

Regards,

The only thing I'd really like to see is a more "vanilla" theme to the app. I'm really into my apps all looking aosp-ish. I'm perfectly fine with it either way, but it's just my personal input. Other encryption options would be great too. Maybe a custom key generator used to encrypt/decrypt? (similar to the option in truecrypt if you've used it to generate a private key by moving the mouse around)

iamelton

Feb 10, 2011
Hong Kong
OnePlus Nord
whats the use of "MD5 reverse lookup"?
if thats not needed (to me), is it possible to have a version without the internet permission? (as this is a security-related app and having this permission makes me nervous.. 8)

Jaredsburrows

May 3, 2011
Orlando
www.burrowsapps.com
Nice :)

mcmb03:
The only thing I'd really like to see is a more "vanilla" theme to the app. I'm really into my apps all looking aosp-ish. I'm perfectly fine with it either way, but it's just my personal input. Other encryption options would be great too. Maybe a custom key generator used to encrypt/decrypt? (similar to the option in truecrypt if you've used it to generate a private key by moving the mouse around)

Thanks for the feedback! You said aosp-ish, do you mean a light background? and a darker action bar? Also, you said other encryption, can you list some you would like to see?

iamelton:
whats the use of "MD5 reverse lookup"?
if thats not needed (to me), is it possible to have a version without the internet permission? (as this is a security-related app and having this permission makes me nervous.. 8)

This is a good question! If you have a MD5 string you would like to figure out what the hash is, you can find the reverse MD5 of it. (text to MD5, and back again). Also, the Internet permission is also used for the ads.

Last edited:

mcmb03

Feb 24, 2011
As for encryption maybe something like DES or TripleDES? And by aosp-ish I mean more of a ics/jb theme.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Oct 9, 2011
I'm installing now to try it out on my AT&T SGSII. I'll let you know how it goes.

Since I haven't tried it yet, not sure if this option is there. Would be nice to use the camera to "scan" a hash string and do a "reverse lookup" on it to see if it is already been posted to the internet. This would have been handy in a few previous conference challenges.

v5HMeca

Dec 7, 2007
Los Angeles
Your definition of hash is misleading. A hash is not an encryption. Encryption implies decryption, and hashes by design cannot be decrypted. They are asymmetric algorithms.

Oct 9, 2011
Your definition of hash is misleading. A hash is not an encryption. Encryption implies decryption, and hashes by design cannot be decrypted. They are asymmetric algorithms.

You almost pulled that off. You are correct. If the developer is suggesting that a hash is encryption, he is incorrect. A hash is a one way algorithm. Asymmetric algorithms are used with encryption as in PKI.

v5HMeca

Dec 7, 2007
Los Angeles
You almost pulled that off.
:confused:

You are correct. If the developer is suggesting that a hash is encryption, he is incorrect. A hash is a one way algorithm. Asymmetric algorithms are used with encryption as in PKI.
He says that a hash is "an encrypted string," which I'm sure you'll agree is misleading/incorrect.

What is a hash?
✔ A hash is an encrypted string of letters or numbers by different encryption methods. Hashes are used in cryptography for creating strong passwords, data encryption and to check the integrity of files.

Oct 9, 2011

He says that a hash is "an encrypted string," which I'm sure you'll agree is misleading/incorrect.

I do agree. My point was that while pointing out his mistake, you then go on to call hashes an asymmetric algorithm here:

...and hashes by design cannot be decrypted. They are asymmetric algorithms.

This, too, is incorrect. I was simply trying to light-heartedly point out your mistake.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ★★☆Please Comment and make Suggestions for new features before Rating!☆★★

qr.png

uuWpgvaOMnRUMuH4134Jji_hU0pjZhHXVYpZVqt1j2ehiq3zkXscbawKPf9tWmCGVQ

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=burrows.apps.crypto

crypTo is a lightweight and powerful utility that calculates hashes from text or files stored on your device. You can calculate multiple hashes and file checksums at the same time to save time! Once you have calculated the checksums, you can easily click on them to copy them to the clipboard for use elsewhere! Hash your passwords and then Google the hash to see if it has been cracked! Hash downloaded files form the Internet, check if that hash matches the hash provided to prevent viruses/broken files!

crypTo features:

Hashing Algorithms: CRC32, GOST, MD2, MD4, MD5, RipeMD128, RipeMD160, RipeMD256, RipeMD320, SHA-1, SHA-256, SHA-384, SHA-512, Tiger and Whirlpool!

Other Encoding: Base64, Binary, Decimal, Hex

Encryption
    ✔ Hashing Strings

Decryption
    ✔ Binary, Base64, and MD5 Lookup

Passworded File Encryption
    ✔ AES 256 bit

Checksums
    ✔ Hashing Files (integrity of files)

Comparing
    ✔ Compare Hashes and Strings

FAQ:
    What is a string?
    ✔ In computer programming, a string is traditionally a sequence or array of characters, either as a literal constant or as some kind of variable.

What is a hash?

What is a checksum?
    ✔ A checksum is a generate hash of a file based on its contents.

Tested on the following phones:
    ✔ Droid
    ✔ Droid X
    ✔ HTC Inspire

Permissions requested:
    ✔ Internet: MD5 Reverse Lookup

Suggestions/Possible Future Updates:
    – Text Encryption
    – More Encryption Methods such as Adler-32 and Haval-128

Tags: hash encryption decryption Base64 Binary CRC32 GOST MD2 MD4 MD5 RipeMD128 RipeMD160 hash RipeMD256 RipeMD320 SHA-1 SHA-256 SHA-384 SHA-512 Tiger Whirlpool password security droid hack hacking encryption decryption hash hashes message digest algorithm secure cryptographic function checksum rom roms verifier MD5 checker Rivest comparison cyanogenmod cyanogen md5sum mand5 AES file encryption password

Hello,

Thank you for pointing this out, I am simply just trying to explain my application in layman's terms.

Regards,