S3 Directory structure.... [root]

Search This thread

grungypoo

Jun 15, 2010
Hi guys,

Long time lurker first time poster. I've always been handy enough to follow the clues on xda forum to be able to work things out and google, but this time around I'm stuck and would appreciate a few leads... maybe I'm google-ing the wrong terms.

Anyways, I'm looking to get more info on directory structures on the phone and microsd card.

Let me explain: After rooting my phone and putting a new ROM on it, I noticed that the ROM does does not read my sd card. I looked it up and apparently the rom had a new structure on jb (or was it ics, I can't remember,) and there was a fix that I needed to run in recovery which fixed it, when I changed to a different ROM (was running sentinelRom and now slimrom) it didn't read again and I ran the file in recovery again.

This time I noticed that the kinda added extra directories and I'm not sure which one the rom is using.

As an example, I noticed that when I went into es explorer, there would be similar directories within each other (ie. device/0/0 .....)

and since I've gotten notice that I'm running low on space, I noticed under storage that the directory /0 is taking the most space.

Problem is I don't want to just delete it... the last time I tried to clear a directory I deleted some files that were being used. (luckily they were only sound files, ) so somehow, certain directories are being used by the rom, I'm just not sure which one....

Anyways, I would be much obliged if someone could point me in the right direction on where I can get info or be able to clean up my directories before I upgrade to the kitkat version of my ROM.

Thanks in advance folks!

chrismast

Dec 7, 2007
Bangkok
www.christianreiners.com
Hi guys,

Long time lurker first time poster. I've always been handy enough to follow the clues on xda forum to be able to work things out and google, but this time around I'm stuck and would appreciate a few leads... maybe I'm google-ing the wrong terms.

Anyways, I'm looking to get more info on directory structures on the phone and microsd card.

Let me explain: After rooting my phone and putting a new ROM on it, I noticed that the ROM does does not read my sd card. I looked it up and apparently the rom had a new structure on jb (or was it ics, I can't remember,) and there was a fix that I needed to run in recovery which fixed it, when I changed to a different ROM (was running sentinelRom and now slimrom) it didn't read again and I ran the file in recovery again.

This time I noticed that the kinda added extra directories and I'm not sure which one the rom is using.

As an example, I noticed that when I went into es explorer, there would be similar directories within each other (ie. device/0/0 .....)

and since I've gotten notice that I'm running low on space, I noticed under storage that the directory /0 is taking the most space.

Problem is I don't want to just delete it... the last time I tried to clear a directory I deleted some files that were being used. (luckily they were only sound files, ) so somehow, certain directories are being used by the rom, I'm just not sure which one....

Anyways, I would be much obliged if someone could point me in the right direction on where I can get info or be able to clean up my directories before I upgrade to the kitkat version of my ROM.

Thanks in advance folks!

Have a look in the stickies thread. Described over there why there is a new structure and how to move files...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: grungypoo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

Thanks in advance folks!

Have a look in the stickies thread. Described over there why there is a new structure and how to move files...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app