[Q] LG G2 crashes after recovery problem

Search This thread

Kakawada

Mar 4, 2014
Hello everyone,
I have a little (big) issue with my LG G2 (International D802). Everything was fine until I decided to change rom ( the stock is nice, but has micro lags ). So I decided to change and move to the Carbon rom (nightly) .
But the phone battery life was not as good as before, and there was some missing features (complete LG Quickwindow support for exemple)
Then, I decided to test cyanogenmod , especially to see if the battery life is better . And then I did something wrong : I started the stock rom recovery (there was an old backup on my phone) .
I realized at the end, and the recovery did completely fail , leading to a bootloop .
I finally managed to get booting to the stock rom with a .kdz flash using LG FlashTool software.
However, the phone is no longer stable at all: the wifi is slow, it does not detect my sim card , and most importantly, the phone crashes regularly (~ every 5 minutes). I'm unable to access files from windows ( but the phone is detected, just not visible in the explorer) .
I also tested the rom 4.4 SFR (France) : no more crashes (at least much less) , but sim card and LG applications do not work.
I also managed to get in TWRP recovery : When I turn on the adb sideload function, the transfer is successful, the installation completes without any problems (although I feel it is really quick - I tested Carbon and Cyanogenmod -) but in the end the system refuses to boot ( freeze on the boot animation)
In your opinion, is it recoverable?
Thanks!

mandroid717

Jun 22, 2011
Ottawa
Hello everyone,
I have a little (big) issue with my LG G2 (International D802). Everything was fine until I decided to change rom ( the stock is nice, but has micro lags ). So I decided to change and move to the Carbon rom (nightly) .
But the phone battery life was not as good as before, and there was some missing features (complete LG Quickwindow support for exemple)
Then, I decided to test cyanogenmod , especially to see if the battery life is better . And then I did something wrong : I started the stock rom recovery (there was an old backup on my phone) .
I realized at the end, and the recovery did completely fail , leading to a bootloop .
I finally managed to get booting to the stock rom with a .kdz flash using LG FlashTool software.
However, the phone is no longer stable at all: the wifi is slow, it does not detect my sim card , and most importantly, the phone crashes regularly (~ every 5 minutes). I'm unable to access files from windows ( but the phone is detected, just not visible in the explorer) .
I also tested the rom 4.4 SFR (France) : no more crashes (at least much less) , but sim card and LG applications do not work.
I also managed to get in TWRP recovery : When I turn on the adb sideload function, the transfer is successful, the installation completes without any problems (although I feel it is really quick - I tested Carbon and Cyanogenmod -) but in the end the system refuses to boot ( freeze on the boot animation)
In your opinion, is it recoverable?
Thanks!

i would kdz again. it sounds like it did not install properly the first time making sure its the exact same kdz file you need. i have had to kdz more than once in the past for it to install properly.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2432476

Kakawada

Mar 4, 2014
i would kdz again. it sounds like it did not install properly the first time making sure its the exact same kdz file you need. i have had to kdz more than once in the past for it to install properly.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2432476

you can also try redownloading your kdz, might have had a bad dowload

Thanks for the answers.

I tried flashing the kdz several times.

I tried 2 kdz: one with kitkat, and the other with jelly bean.

I'm sure that the jelly bean kdz is working, because I flashed it when I got the phone (Hong Kong Rom -> Europe Open)

I'll try the Kitkat Europe Open kdz when it will be available.

jylo

May 3, 2008
Lille
Okay... my phone is still buggy, I think the EFS is damaged. Is it possible to repair it ? (found backup and restore but not repair)