[Q] Sprint S2 To Boost problem

Search This thread

Steve Die

Jan 15, 2012
I've been searching the forums for any help i can find regarding flashing a Sprint S2 to Boost mobile and can't find an answer. I decided to post a new thread since other threads haven't had responses in a year or more.

With that said I have done this before in 2012 with my HTC Evo 4g to Boost. Love it a lot but now its time to upgrade my phone so i bought a Sprint S2 SPH-D710 to flash to boost mobile and do this again. It took me a few hours to remember how to do everything but it was far easier the second time around. One I had all the information copied to the S2 it would not connect to the boost network. I've tried numerous things except calling up boost and saying my phone won't connect for some reason (LOL).

I feel as though I'm missing something, probably something stupid! I am on vacation so I'm pulling this from memory until i get home.

I copied the 4 Nv Items 465, 466, 1192 and 1194 from my donor (initially my Evo, didn't work so went to donor, still didn't work).
Retrieved both SPC codes for the phones
Retrieved Ha/AAA keys from donor
Copied all information in CDMA workshop such as numbers directories ect.
My MEID changed to donor MEID simply by copying the NV items and NOTHING else, Is that to good to be true?
If i open CDMA workshop and read the S2 it reads the ESN as incorrect on the top right, but correctly in the program itself. Weird?
Did a factory reset multiple times and even had it rooted (then soft bricked)
Tried a different modem (then soft bricked)

Are there any tricks I may be forgetting? I think I may just call up Boost and play the "my phone no worky" card even though I manually changed the PRL through DFS. It will only say searching for service. At least if it connected and didn't have 3G or Wifi thats something I can troubleshoot, I just don't get squat.

Any second thoughts would be very helpful for getting this up and running

Thanks,

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer
Got this error message "No thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1419488

BILGERRYAN-SIG_zps5b0983a1.png

Steve Die

Jan 15, 2012

This is one of the guides I used to refresh my memory. But for some reason after doing all this it wouldn't connect. Drove me mad and I had to give up for a few weeks.I had tried switching modems but it bricked it so i didn't try another one. When I get home I'll try again, if that doesn't fix it I may just send it out to have it Flashed by someone who does this daily. Any recommendation?