Buying Nexus 5 from T-Mobile, will it work on other networks?

Search This thread

paulruk

Apr 2, 2010
Buenos AIres
Hi All

I`m travelling to Miami next week from abroad for 5 days, and would like to buy a Nexus 5. Cheapest place in store seems to be T-Mobile no Credit check.
Just wondering if its just a standard Nexus 5 phone that I can take back home and use on a local network.

Any ideas??
THanks

NaterTots

Feb 7, 2012
CT
OnePlus 5
OnePlus 7T
Hi All

I`m travelling to Miami next week from abroad for 5 days, and would like to buy a Nexus 5. Cheapest place in store seems to be T-Mobile no Credit check.
Just wondering if its just a standard Nexus 5 phone that I can take back home and use on a local network.

Any ideas??
THanks

You should be fine doing that.
They all should be the same except for storage size.

Sent from my EVO using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

nandowong

Nov 10, 2007
You should be fine doing that.
They all should be the same except for storage size.

Sent from my EVO using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

i know theres something about either buying it on tmobile or sprint and not working on the other. I forget which way it goes, but it has to do with one the ESN not being in the database of the other. I think it was if bought on tmobile the esn was not on sprints list.

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Here is what I know:

There are 2 models only.

D820 (North America)
D821 (Everywhere else)

The D821 and D820 will work on any* network in the respective area. However a D820 in the "everywhere else" region will only work up to HSPA+ (No LTE). The same is true of the D821 in North America.

The D820 bought from T-mobile is exactly the same as the D820 bought on ebay,. or via AT&T or wherever. The Same as the Sprint one too. However, I believe the Sprint one does not work on T-mobile because it is not in their database. (or as someone else said it may be the other way around, cant get T-mobile on Sprint because it is not in their database)

Zepius

Mar 29, 2011
The D820 bought from T-mobile is exactly the same as the D820 bought on ebay,. or via AT&T or wherever. The Same as the Sprint one too. However, I believe the Sprint one does not work on T-mobile because it is not in their database. (or as someone else said it may be the other way around, cant get T-mobile on Sprint because it is not in their database)

its the other way around. sprint does not have the tmobile one in their database, but you can get someone in their tier 2 tech support to add it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

its the other way around. sprint does not have the tmobile one in their database, but you can get someone in their tier 2 tech support to add it.