[ROM][May 13][JB 4.2.1] AndroWook Prime Hairy Bean v2.2 **Unleash The Beast!**

Search This thread

giropizza

Sep 24, 2007
Locking the tablet

Hy, I searched in the thread but I didn't found any solution.
How can I lock the TF201 when I close the tablet on the dock?
I usually close the tablet and when I reopen it I find the lockscreen but now everytime I've to use the power button before closing the tablet.
Can anyone help me?

Thanks
Daniele

sachinkumar1312

May 1, 2012
New Delhi
Upgrading the TP after a long long time

It's been a very long time since I rooted, unlocked and installed MrWookie's AndroWook ROM on my TP TF201. I did a lot of reading and then realized there's still a lot to read as much has changed in past 2 years, not to mention there are two threads now. I don't want to switch to any other ROM as I've been using Androwook and consistently happy with it. Thanks to MrWookie for his awesome work! :good:

Can anyone please guide me (based on information below) as to what steps I'll be needing and in what sequence to upgrade KERNEL/ROM/BOOTLOADER to get it up-to-date? Just the steps in bullet points, not the whole description. I'll do further reading in that sequence and come back for any further clarification.

Existing setup
Kernel 2.6.39.4-motley-lite+
Build AndroWook Prime v2.6
Android ver 4.0.3
Bootloader Androidroot 9.4.2.28r01
Base US (not WW, I remember but can't check anywhere on TP)
Let me know what more information might be needed before we proceed. I've the NVFLASH dump in my Dropbox from good'ol days.

Much appreciated and sorry if I bothered.

Last edited:

flumpster

Apr 4, 2011
Rhondda Valleys
It's been a very long time since I rooted, unlocked and installed MrWookie's AndroWook ROM on my TP TF201. I did a lot of reading and then realized there's still a lot to read as much has changed in past 2 years, not to mention there are two threads now. I don't want to switch to any other ROM as I've been using Androwook and consistently happy with it. Thanks to MrWookie for his awesome work! :good:

Can anyone please guide me (based on information below) as to what steps I'll be needing and in what sequence to upgrade KERNEL/ROM/BOOTLOADER to get it up-to-date? Just the steps in bullet points, not the whole description. I'll do further reading in that sequence and come back for any further clarification.

Existing setup
Kernel 2.6.39.4-motley-lite+
Build AndroWook Prime v2.6
Android ver 4.0.3
Bootloader Androidroot 9.4.2.28r01
Base US (not WW, I remember but can't check anywhere on TP)
Let me know what more information might be needed before we proceed. I've the NVFLASH dump in my Dropbox from good'ol days.

Much appreciated and sorry if I bothered.

Wrong thread mate. I started a new thread when I went to Hairybean 2.3 here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2407248

The instructions in the first post should be all you need to get it all up and running. If you are staying on the hairybean rom there is no need to get a newer version of TWRP than what I include in the instructions.

sachinkumar1312

May 1, 2012
New Delhi
Wrong thread mate. I started a new thread when I went to Hairybean 2.3 here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2407248

The instructions in the first post should be all you need to get it all up and running. If you are staying on the hairybean rom there is no need to get a newer version of TWRP than what I include in the instructions.

Thanks for the reply dear flumpster.
I did realize there's another thread but did not want to straight away jump to it without going through from where it actually started. My only concern was how and if it was ever possible to switch to Hairybean from the (very) older version that I have on my TP + biggest concern being the base is totally different from what Hairybean is built on.

Anyway, I'll go through the latest thread as you suggested and come back with queries there.
Much appreciated mate.:good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AWP_Head_v1.png

AWP_Screens_v220.png

blank.png
    blank.png
    googleplus.png

Follow us on Twitter, Facebook & Google+ for updates on builds.

TeamWookie.png
    mrwookie6379 - Founder & Development Team
    flumpster - Development Team
    DarkMinax - Testing Team & Hosting
    art-mas - Graphical Team & Testing
    andy_rose - Testing Team
    whycali - Testing Team
    Subsonic44 - Testing Team
    Lostsorrow - Graphical UI Team & Hosting
    McJesus15 - Testing Team

Hairybean220.png

changelog.png

• AndroWook Prime Hairy Bean v2.2
    • Rebuilt from new WW stock base 10.6.1.15.3 based on TF300 Rom.
    • Added Surdu_Petru Kernel and Data2SD Version.
    • Added Reverse Axis Kernel and Data2SD Version for people with replacement screens.
    • Fixed GPS Dongle.
    • Added More HDMI Devices.
    • Fixed Cifs not showing files in Apps. Do not mount to Internal SD. Mount to mnt/cifs or Removable/MicroSD.
    • Added Dock Browser Changer to select what browser to open on Dock button.
    • All Previous Mods and Tweaks Included & Updated.
    • Added Option to install Browser2Ram script for Stock Browser and Chrome.
    • Added Option to install Trickster Mod for CPU control with Surdu_Petru Kernels.
    • Updated All Google, Asus and Optional Apps.
    • Added SQL Vacuum Script.
    • Remade Advanced Power Menu for new Base.
    • Removed Bloat that can be downloaded from Google Play.
    • And much much more.....
    • AndroWook Prime Hairy Bean v2.11
    • Fixed Aroma Touch Screen Issues on TF700.
    • Fixed Aroma Selection/Deselection Bug When Scrolling.
    • Added Aroma Exit/About Screen on Power Button.
    • AndroWook Prime Hairy Bean v2.1
    • Multi Device Added selectable in Aroma.
    • Data2SD Kernel Option
    • Fixed Search Bug
    • Remade Power Profiles.
    • Updated Google and Asus Apps.
    • Added LMT (Pie Navigation) and Full Screen App.
    • Added Furry Background is Back. Optional Stock Framework in aroma.
    • AndroWook Prime Hairy Bean v2.0
    • Android 4.2.1
    • Rebuilt from new WW stock base 10.6.1.8. based on TF300 Rom.
    • Full working Advanced Power Menu including Reboot, Reboot to Recovery, Reboot to Bootloader and Hotboot option.
    • Custom AndroWook Boot Animation & Launcher Wallpaper.
    • Custom Themed AndroWook TWRP built into Upgrade zip.
    • Rooted and De-Odexed System App & Framework.
    • Fully zip alligned ROM with intelligent zip allign at every boot.
    • Aroma 2.56 Custom AndroWook themed installer.
    • Init.d scripting enabled in kernel ramdisk.
    • Automatic Permissions script run at boot.
    • Memory Tweaks performed at boot.
    • Latest Busybox installed.
    • SYSRO & SYSRW binary's included.
    • Selective performance enhancing build.prop tweaks.
    • Fixed docking problems.
    • Fixed bluetooth.
    • Fixed DRM.

READ EVERYTHING CAREFULLY. THIS IS NOT JUST FLASHING ANOTHER ROM

disclaimer.png
    This Rom has been tested by many people but if you do not follow the instructions correctly or then go on to flash an incompatible TWRP you can brick yourself.

DO NOT INSTALL ANY OTHER RECOVERY WHILE USING THE NEW 4.2.1 BOOTLOADER, THEY ARE NOT COMPATIBLE AT THE MOMENT, THE ONE BUILT IN IS MODDED. USE THE DOWNGRADE ZIP TO TAKE YOU BACK TO 4.1.1 BOOTLOADER AND RECOVERY IF YOU NEED IT.

By downloading and installing the below you are in agreement that you understand the risk associated with doing this which in a worse case scenario could result in a bricked Transformer Prime. Therefore we are not responsible or liable for any issues you encounter although we will do our best to TRY to help you resolve them.

Thank you.

requirements.png

• Battery above 20 percent.
    • An Unlocked Transformer Prime with a custom recovery.
    • A Micro SD to copy install files to as the Internal Storage will be wiped during install.
    • All valuable files removed from your Transformer Prime.
    • The files from the Download section below.
    • NVflash installed if you want to go back to any other ROM not built on official JB. This is more a recommendation rather than a requirement and ROM will install without NVflash just fine.
    • ....and finally the ability to read. Honestly this is this biggest mistake people make is they do not read things correctly so read, read and READ again just to be sure.

install220.png

NOTE** You MUST be on the new 4.2.1 bootloader to be able to flash this new version which is available in the next section.**

• If you are already on HairyBean 2.xx you do not need to flash the "Upgrade Hairybean 4.2.1 Bootloader & Recovery.zip" again.
    • TF700 Owners. Do not flash "Upgrade Hairybean 4.2.1 Bootloader & Recovery.zip". Make sure you are already on 4.2.1 Bootloader and have TWRP working and just flash the rom.
    • Download "Hairybean 2.2.zip" and "Upgrade Hairybean 4.2.1 Bootloader & Recovery.zip" from the links below and copy to Micro SD.
    • Boot into recovery and flash "Upgrade Hairybean 4.2.1 Bootloader & Recovery.zip" from Micro SD card.
    • Click restart after completion and on restart LET THE BLUE LINE FILL ALL THE WAY, WHEN IT IS FINISHED IT WILL RESTART ITSELF BACK INTO TWRP.
    • Go to wipe options and do a factory reset, clear cache, clear dalvik, wipe system and finally format data.
    • Go to Install options and flash "Hairybean 2.2.zip" from Micro SD card.
    • When install is completed restart and allow 30-60 mins for the system to cache itself and then restart again upon which time you should now have a nice smooth TP.
    • Enjoy!

downloads220.png

Upgrade Hairybean 4.2.1 Bootloader & Recovery.zip

Mirror 1
    Mirror 2
    Mirror 3

MD5 Sum - 73080E25C50021CCE72F8D6C8801A739

Hairybean 2.2.zip

Mirror 1
    Mirror 2
    Mirror 3
    Mirror 4

MD5 Sum - E84A0239D7793B556F9E61BF09655725

downgrade.png

• Download "Downgrade Hairybean 4.1.1 Bootloader & Recovery" from one the link below and copy with your preferred 4.1.1 rom to Micro SD.
    • Boot into recovery and flash "Downgrade Hairybean 4.1.1 Bootloader & Recovery" from Micro SD card.
    • Click restart after completion and on restart LET THE BLUE LINE FILL ALL THE WAY, WHEN IT IS FINISHED IT WILL RESTART ITSELF BACK INTO TWRP.
    • Go to wipe options and do a factory reset, clear cache, clear dalvik, wipe system and finally format data.
    • Go to Install options and flash your preferred 4.1.1 rom from Micro SD card.

downgradedownload.png

Downgrade Hairybean 4.1.1 Bootloader & Recovery.zip

Mirror 1
    Mirror 2
    Mirror 3

MD5 Sum - 86FBD4986C95637DB339ACB23B4E0C89

hairybean220usersigs.png

UserSig221.png
    UserSig222.png

UserSig223.png
    UserSig224.png

UserSig225.png

Hairybean151.png

changelog.png

• Rebuilt from new WW stock base 10.4.2.17.
    • Added Custom install option to allow users to choose each individual APK that is installed.
    • Added Rebuilt Advanced Power Menu as previous version not compatible with new base.
    • Added DRM fix so able to now watch Google Films. A first for TF201 Jelly Bean!!
    • Added GPS fix for intermittent GPS on new base.
    • Added Flash Player fix for new base.
    • Added AndroWook graphics to setup wizard and system menus.
    • Updated Busybox to Version 1.20 (just for James)....LOL
    • Removed Complete, Typical, Minimal & Ultra Minimal options as no longer required.
    • Added Adobe Flash Player Option, Fix and moved to Data Partition rather than System Partition.
    • Added Memory Fix for when to many apps being installed to the System Partition.
    • Added Launcher Installation fix in Aroma Installer.
    • Added Option on install default framework and remove AndroWook fur.
    • Corrected Asus Widget names in Aroma Installer.

downloads151.png

Android File Host

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390210501348163621

MD5 Sum - 3dbc82d2eaaf5f9eb74bf862d49f0365

ROM Hut

http://romhut.com/download/asus-eee-pad-transformer-prime-tf201/androwook_prime/hairy_bean_1_51

MD5 Sum - 3dbc82d2eaaf5f9eb74bf862d49f0365

install151.png

NOTE** You MUST be on the official JB 4.1.1 bootloader to be able to flash this version. This was included in v1.3 but has been removed in v1.51. If still on ICS bootloader please follow Upgrade Instructions for ICS in post 2**

• Download AndroWook Prime Hairy Bean v1.51 from one of the links above and copy to either root of internal SD or micro SD.
    • Boot into recovery and if you are doing a dirty flash then just wipe cache and dalvik cache and if doing a clean flash then select factory reset as well. You can wipe system as well if you want a total deep clean but do so at your own risk.
    • Select to install ROM from SD and follow on screen prompts. NOTE** If selecting Data2SD kernel you MUST ensure you SD is formatted with FAT32 as the first partition and EXT4 as the second partition.
    • When install completed allow 30-60 mins for the system to cache itself upon which time you should now have a nice smooth TP.
    • Enjoy!

hairybean15usersigs.png

UserSig1.png
    UserSig2.png

UserSig3.png
    UserSig4.png

UserSig5.png

Thanks
    • All of my Team and Beta Testers......couldn't have done it without you.
    • Huge thanks to art-mas for his amazing graphics. You can view the Androwook graphics by clicking HERE or view the rest of his amazing website at http://www.art-mas.com/
    • elesbb for browser changer mod on dock.
    • NRG for working with me on the bugs.
    • Everyone I forgot......;)
    • ......and you guys for using my ROM and giving me something to do. :) Thank you.
    TwrpInstaller.png

WookTWRPsmall.png

installTWRP.png

• NOTE** You MUST be on the JB 4.1.1 bootloader to be able to flash these files. DO NOT FLASH THESE ON THE 4.2.1 BOOTLOADER AS THEY CAN BRICK YOU
    • Download one of the files below for your install type (normal or data2sd)
    • Extract folder on PC and run the "HairyBean TWRP Recovery Flasher.bat" file.
    • Follow the on screen instructions.
    • Delete TWRP settings from sdcard and external sdcard. (/TWRP/.twrps and .version)

• We are not responsible for any bricks caused by updating your bootloader. It is advised to do the nvflash process first so you cannot hard brick your device ever. If you are not happy to do it please don't.

• Download Update JB Bootloader.zip and HairyBean 1.51
    • Place HairyBean 1.51 and Update JB Bootloader.zip on External SD Card.
    • Boot into TWRP, Go to install option and select External up top, Select Update JB Bootloader.zip and install it.
    • Select Restart and let the blue line fill all the way, It will then restart and stick on splash screen.
    • Hold down Power button and Volume down for 10 seconds and the prime will restart. Keep holding them until the Icons appear. Use volume down to go to fastboot icon (usb icon) and hit volume up.
    • Extract the attached file to your desktop "HairyBean TWRP Updater (normal).zip". Run the Hairybean Twrp Recovery Flasher.bat and follow onscreen instructions to flash JB TWRP.
    • Once restarted go back into recovery by holding Power button and Volume down for 10 seconds until restart as before and keep holding them until the Icons appear then hit up on first icon (recovery)
    • Go to wipe option and factory reset, wipe system, wipe dalvik and wipe cache.
    • Go to install menu and flash HairyBean 1.51

Downloads

Update JB Bootloader.zip

Hairybean TWRP Updater (normal)

MD5 sum of "Update JB Bootloader.zip" : F2EDC4929E967E9C5A61110FDCDBAF82
    MD5 sum of "HairyBean TWRP Updater (normal).zip" : 55812CCA367C9B33721918C204A8ADFC

MountInternalSD.png

• This is for data2sd users. (Hairybean 1.51 only)
    • This will mount the old internal storage of the Prime onto the new sdcard with the folder name "Internal SD"
    • You will be able to use this folder as normal and it will be accessed by music player and gallery etc.

installMount.png

• Download the file "Mount InternalSD Data2sd.zip" below and place on External SD Card.
    • Boot into TWRP, Go to install option and select External up top, Select "Mount InternalSD Data2sd.zip" and install it.
    • Reboot
    ANDROWOOK HB 2.0 BATTERY MOD

Very simple 100% battery mod fro HB 2.0 to give true battery life left in 1% increments. There are 2 versions to pick from.

Instructions:
    Download the one you prefer then rename to SystemUi.apk
    Use ROOT EXPLORER or equivalent to get to the root of the prime to copy the file to /system/app
    Change the permissions to rw-r-r
    Delete the original SystemUI.apk and then you will reboot automatically
    enjoy battery mod.

NEW VERSION UNDER CONSTRUCTION
    Hey Guys............

Its been a few days since I made the decision to knock this on the head to spend more time with my family and not being stuck infront of my laptop every night has been great even though it has only been a few days.

That being said after speaking with family and friends I do wander if I somewhat jumped the gun and was being hot headed with cancelling AndroWook so with that being said I am going to remove the discontinued status from the ROM and start provide new versions again.

What I MUST, MUST state though is updates will be in NO way as frequent as they were as my family is still my top priority and I will only be able to work on this as and when I can and can not commit as much time in one session as previously.

Thank you all for the kind words and I do have a new version of AndroWook that I had built and was testing prior to calling time on things and Charliestheman and Lostsorrow have been testing it for the past few days and have said that it is superb so I will get this out in a few days when I have time.

Just to reiterate updates will not be as frequent as before as family/home life takes priority and I will work on this as and when I have time.

I hope this is all ok with everyone.

:D:eek:
    Wookie, come back from the dark side mate, your missed.

Hope everything is ok with you. :)

LOL Thanks.

As you are all aware I've made no secret of the fact that I have had health issues recently and because of that coupled with stresses from work and home it has made me make quite a few rash decisions including walking away from AndroWook a couple of times which I'm sure has pissed off more than a few people..........to those people I truly apologize.

I'm happy to say I am now (fingers crossed) on the mend good and proper and can now see how rash I have been so have decided to come out of retirement one final time to work with the rest of the fellas and, hopefully, give you the best ROM possible available.

Apologize once again for any one I have annoyed with the on, off and on again roller coaster ride but hopefully you can kinda understand.

Thank you all for using AndroWook and for giving an old fool another chance.

Cheers

Ed