prbassplayer

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Mar 29, 2011
Mayagüez
New build is up
- working camera
- big update to kernel
- No longer using egl hack
- global power menu in settings (check it out....a new slim unique feature I just programmed yesterday to our liking)
- media scanner behaviour (as well a slim unique ported over feature)
- turn off camera shutter sound
- possibility to turn of wifi thether over notification
- improve scrolling cache
- speed up statusbar
- don't wackup when device is plugged on charger
- tons of fixes we had in 4.3 we ported over into 4.4 which google still missed
- all mms/sms features are back
- settings got a lot love....maybe not directly noticable...but a lot changed there
as reference see: https://github.com/SlimRoms/packages...66a7211b4b8379
- major system core updates
- and a lot minor stuff and for sure here and there I missed a commit/feature to mention...to much is changing at the moment lol
- aaaah and our themer as well did again same UI tweaks to get google UI finished like they thought it
- new gapps

As always use report and provide logs.

Cheers

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
Does slim have a in rom update feature similar to cm10? Or just flash the nightlys over the top ?

SlimCenter was in the 4.3 Builds - Which has an Update feature....

SlimKat 4.4 - is Still an Alpha - And Features are being added with every build...

Unless the OP instructions say otherwise - You should be fine with Dirty Flashing...
I Always - Wipe System and Caches - Flash Rom and Gapps - takes no time - And the results are always Stable and Slim.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 AM ----------

I'll check it out later this morning, but does ART work? Was fcing on the 1116 build

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4

I believe that you would have to flash Odexed Gapps....

---------- Post added at 07:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 AM ----------

If you're looking for some of the SlimKat features -

Under System - Interface - You can customize the battery icon - Choose Clock layout and position - Add Shortcuts to the Notification Drawer

Under System - Navigation - You can find - Nav Bar - Ring Targets - Menu Visibility - You'll also find Global Menu - Which adds the Extended Power Menu that you can customize - ie; Reboot, Screen Shot etc

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk 2

cMACr

Mar 14, 2013
Found a bug... Data icon isn't correct

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1384955700924.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384955700924.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 563

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
I thought HSPA+ showed H+ in the status bar? and HSPA was H... am I wrong?

No - I don't think that you're wrong - but it just looks like you're not getting a good Data connection/speed from your Network atm - Did you check your settings in - System - More - Wireless & Networks - Mobile Network settings - Network mode?

cMACr

Mar 14, 2013
No - I don't think that you're wrong - but it just looks like you're not getting a good Data connection/speed from your Network atm - Did you check your settings in - System - More - Wireless & Networks - Mobile Network settings - Network mode?

Yeah, that showed 4G. The signal sucks in the office I am at, but on 4.3 it showed H+ at certain locations (in office). It is flicking back and forth (sometimes) between H and 3G but when I check about phone - status the information didn't match (see previous screen shot). I also cannot connect to Play store on H, and that was another indicator that I was on HSPA+.

the2rrell

Jun 27, 2011
everything seems to be working pretty well, are the black out options somewhere in there yet?

xBkKx

Sep 30, 2011
Any reason data roaming is enabled by default? :/

rspear

Mar 3, 2012
OnePlus 7T
Everything is working well for me. Just 2 questions...
1. Can I add custom quick settings toggles? How?
2. How would I get an app drawer navigation bar button? (I've used MIUI app drawer for this before but there is too much lag)

Thanks again!

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
Everything is working well for me. Just 2 questions...
1. Can I add custom quick settings toggles? How?
2. How would I get an app drawer navigation bar button? (I've used MIUI app drawer for this before but there is too much lag)

Thanks again!

If I understand you correctly....

Settings - Interface - Notification Drawer - Shortcuts - Hit the "+" And scroll to to Settings Shortcut

4yza8eju.jpg

Too add the app drawer to the Nav Bar - Navigation - Nav Bar - Buttons - And add a Long Press function like this

u3e5ete6.jpg

gy9anuty.jpg

You can also add Nav Ring Targets - Which is pretty cool.. (I just learned how to actually use them - You Long Press on Home)

usu3ahyn.jpg

and they look like this..

9uretepu.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: teeseeuu

rspear

Mar 3, 2012
OnePlus 7T
Yeah, I found the notification drawer shortcuts. I was hoping it was possible to change the quick settings tiles(swipe to the right from the notification pull down). I've seen this feature in other roms that's why I ask.

Thanks for the reply though.

Reactions: droidzika

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
    • The Real Dark Slim
      • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
    • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
      • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
    • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
      • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
    • SlimCenter
      • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
    • Camera Features
      • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Important links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Downloads - Download the rom, gapps and other addons.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
    SlimKat on T0lteatt, ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II

Contributors
    prbassplayer
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: Build 8
    Stable Release Date: 2014-09-22
    Current Beta Version: Build 6.8
    Beta Release Date: 2014-05-18

Created 2014-05-19
    Last Updated 2015-07-04
    New build is up
    - working camera
    - big update to kernel
    - No longer using egl hack
    - global power menu in settings (check it out....a new slim unique feature I just programmed yesterday to our liking)
    - media scanner behaviour (as well a slim unique ported over feature)
    - turn off camera shutter sound
    - possibility to turn of wifi thether over notification
    - improve scrolling cache
    - speed up statusbar
    - don't wackup when device is plugged on charger
    - tons of fixes we had in 4.3 we ported over into 4.4 which google still missed
    - all mms/sms features are back
    - settings got a lot love....maybe not directly noticable...but a lot changed there
    as reference see: https://github.com/SlimRoms/packages...66a7211b4b8379
    - major system core updates
    - and a lot minor stuff and for sure here and there I missed a commit/feature to mention...to much is changing at the moment lol
    - aaaah and our themer as well did again same UI tweaks to get google UI finished like they thought it
    - new gapps

As always use report and provide logs.

Cheers
    Stable build 5 is out

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk
    New build on slimroms.net. Should solve any bt audio stutter when locking and unlocking.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk