tf101 connection issues

Search This thread

suntzu0142

Mar 19, 2014
OK guys I have an issue
I now own a tf101 the issue I'm having is a connection issue
I recently purchased my tf101 used as a bargain price as our families 2nd tablet
The lady reset to factory before I purchased

After a couple days I began looking into rooting as an option to restore some functionality to this older tablet when connecting to my computer, I wasn't receiving any notification it was plugged in .... no new device detected ... no sounds..... nothing in device manager

It charges fine... and its an official Asus cord ( least it says Asus on it)
I also got the 40 pin to USB converter and it transfers data from a flash drive to the tablet fine movies pics etc...

I tried the cord on 3 different PC's, and 2 Macs nothing

Tried downloading and installing Asus sync and naked drivers neither helped
(Gonna get my friends cord this weekend see if it does anything)

I also tried most of all of this stuff in USB debugging mode , and toggling sync tool, as well in and not in apex mode

I tried a j5 wormhole USB to USB cord from the 40 pin converter still nothing...

I've read post after post about this topic however NONE have solutions

I had a friend suggest that it may have been rooted before she factory reset it and something got corrupted...

Some other info I'm sure I'll get asked about

Firmware version IML74K.US_epad-9.2.1.27-20120615

Kernel version 2.6.39.4 android@mars#1

Android version 4.0.3

Whenever I try to boot into any kind of recovery it shows a belly up android with red exclamation mark

Any help would be appreciated

Anyone know if I can root from usb

Mar 26, 2014
Woodway, TX
Same USB Connection Problem

I recently reset my tablet to "factory" and had the exact same issue. Probably searched all the same sites and found the same results you have already seen. "Buy a new cable." "Buy a new tablet."

I used Baiduroot to get temporary root and install TWRP. Unfortunately, I had to download it from a Chinese server and the app is in Chinese, so you are really guessing as to the use of the tool. I poked around till I got it.

So now I can boot into recovery, but have not yet attempted flashing a ROM such as KatKiss.

Mar 26, 2014
Woodway, TX
Rooted, Bootloader, and Flashed

I took courage and flashed. I now have a TF101 with Katkiss 4.4.2 and Gapps running. All done without the cable. In fact, I just plugged it into my computer and it still doesn't recognize it. This is a weird problem.

I recently reset my tablet to "factory" and had the exact same issue. Probably searched all the same sites and found the same results you have already seen. "Buy a new cable." "Buy a new tablet."

I used Baiduroot to get temporary root and install TWRP. Unfortunately, I had to download it from a Chinese server and the app is in Chinese, so you are really guessing as to the use of the tool. I poked around till I got it.

So now I can boot into recovery, but have not yet attempted flashing a ROM such as KatKiss.