[dev][kernel][sgp512] 17.1.1.a.0.402

Search This thread

adwinp

Jun 22, 2008
urandom
SGP512 Kernel, first attempt since I just got the device yesterday.
- close to stock
- disabled a few modules which are rather not going to be used
- disabled debug
- integrated wlan driver & configured so that it loads properly
- integrated exFAT

Instructions:
- unzip contents, copy over the modules to /system/lib/modules (remember to set the correct permissions)
- reboot into bootloader & flash the kernel
Code:
fastboot -i 0x0fce flash boot boot.img
fastboot -i 0x0fce reboot

Download binaries: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8rpJsF4EG0YMFNHYWZhSHQ5VW8
source

hasenbein1966

Aug 9, 2011
Er... nice that someone starts developing for this device... but:

- what is wrong with the stock WiFi driver? I don't see any problems...

- exFAT is already integrated, no need of special kernel...

Doesn't seem very flash-worthy ;)

Frankus99

Jul 27, 2012
I would really appriciate a custom kernel for the Tablet so that we can undervolt the cpu and change frequencies and governors.

But wouldn`t it be the best and easiest way to port (of course with the approval of doomlord) his already existing doomkernel from the Z2 phone?

adwinp

Jun 22, 2008
urandom

You won't be able to use the stock modules if you start messing too deep with the kernel & there is no in-kernel (3.4.0) driver for the bcm4339 which the Z2 uses, unless you want to mess with the brcmfmac driver.
Try using the compiled kernel I attached without copying over the associated wifi driver.

I would really appriciate a custom kernel for the Tablet so that we can undervolt the cpu and change frequencies and governors.

But wouldn`t it be the best and easiest way to port (of course with the approval of doomlord) his already existing doomkernel from the Z2 phone?

You can already change the freqs & governors with tools like PerformanceControl.
The only part which would need coding is UV control & a sysfs interface for it.
I'll do it sooner or later in my free time, but seeing as I don't have much of the latter, you'll surely see the features being implemented by other devs. Or you can code/port it yourself ;]

This post was never intended to being a starting point for developing a kernel for the community. I got the device 2 days ago & prepared my base for private kernel development & since I didn't see any posts related to a kernel base for the Z2 Tablet I wanted to share it so that interested parties could have a good starting point.
It was NEVER intended for end users.

Last edited:

spider623

Jan 31, 2011
Limassol
You won't be able to use the stock modules if you start messing too deep with the kernel & there is no in-kernel (3.4.0) driver for the bcm4339 which the Z2 uses, unless you want to mess with the brcmfmac driver.
Try using the compiled kernel I attached without copying over the associated wifi driver.

You can already change the freqs & governors with tools like PerformanceControl.
I'll do it sooner or later in my free time, but seeing as I don't have much of the latter, you'll surely see the features being implemented by other devs. Or you can code/port it yourself ;]

This post was never intended to being a starting point for developing a kernel for the community. I got the device 2 days ago & prepared my base for private kernel development & since I didn't see any posts related to a kernel base for the Z2 Tablet I wanted to share it so that interested parties could have a good starting point.

ok, sony released the kernel code on git some time ago, any news with your kernel?

adwinp

Jun 22, 2008
urandom
ok, sony released the kernel code on git some time ago, any news with your kernel?

I release this kernel since there were none at that time, at least none integrating the wifi driver & exfat.
Till then, the kernel development for the Z2 tablet took off, so there's no need to keep this post updated.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SGP512 Kernel, first attempt since I just got the device yesterday.
    - close to stock
    - disabled a few modules which are rather not going to be used
    - disabled debug
    - integrated wlan driver & configured so that it loads properly
    - integrated exFAT

Instructions:
    - unzip contents, copy over the modules to /system/lib/modules (remember to set the correct permissions)
    - reboot into bootloader & flash the kernel
    Code:
    fastboot -i 0x0fce flash boot boot.img
    fastboot -i 0x0fce reboot

Download binaries: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8rpJsF4EG0YMFNHYWZhSHQ5VW8
    source