[ROM][Pre-Pre-ALPHA] Droid A855 ICS Build Attempt

Search This thread

kfazz

Jun 24, 2010
What would be the best app to get a logcat? (saw a bunch on the market). On your rom nothing ranging from ui sounds, videos, and music. While on my other droid running gb everything works good.

use terminal emulator
logcat > /sdcard/logcat_log

then kill it with Ctrl -c which is one of the vol keys and c
then upload the file

Ti's SGX graphics info:
http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index...#Download_Information_for_TI_SGX_Graphics_SDK

we have omap 3 sgx 530 core rev 121

metalspring

Nov 5, 2011
What would be the best app to get a logcat? (saw a bunch on the market). On your rom nothing ranging from ui sounds, videos, and music. While on my other droid running gb everything works good.

you can either do this in a superuser terminal for raw input
logcat > /sdcard/logcat.txt

Or a good app to make sense of everything is alogcat

Edit-looks like kfazz beat me to the first way lol

oh yeah and about the ui sounds, music and video, all work just fine for me..even videos on the web browser work just fine, and hq youtube videos are great (better than gingerbread actually)

Last edited:

donhwyo

Jan 9, 2012
Kernel needs

Please include the things that make tun.ko work for openvpn. Some kernels have left that out in the past.

Also highly recomend primes kernels. Maybe he would help out too if asked. He is still using a droid too.

Thanks for your efforts.
Don

metalspring

Nov 5, 2011
i'll base my changes off of that then, it looks good. currently built modules:
INSTALL drivers/misc/wl127x_test.ko
INSTALL drivers/net/ifb.ko
INSTALL drivers/staging/zram/zram.ko
INSTALL drivers/video/cfbcopyarea.ko
INSTALL drivers/video/cfbfillrect.ko
INSTALL drivers/video/cfbimgblt.ko
INSTALL drivers/video/omap2/displays/panel-sholes.ko
INSTALL drivers/video/omap2/dss/omapdss.ko
INSTALL drivers/video/omap2/omapfb/omapfb.ko
INSTALL fs/cifs/cifs.ko
INSTALL fs/ext2/ext2.ko
INSTALL fs/ext3/ext3.ko
INSTALL fs/ext4/ext4.ko
INSTALL fs/jbd/jbd.ko
INSTALL fs/jbd2/jbd2.ko
INSTALL fs/squashfs/squashfs.ko
INSTALL lib/crc-itu-t.ko
INSTALL net/sched/act_mirred.ko
INSTALL net/sched/act_police.ko
INSTALL net/sched/cls_u32.ko
INSTALL net/sched/em_u32.ko
INSTALL net/sched/sch_htb.ko
INSTALL net/sched/sch_ingress.ko
This might be a stupid question but is the wifi module missing in this so far? unless it's wl127x_test.ko but I always thought it was tiwlan_drv.ko
Just making sure you don't accidentally skip it haha

Dec 28, 2011
I really want to flash this but my Droid is still my daily phone... Is it stable enough for daily yet or should I hold out a little longer? Sorry for interrupting dev talk lol.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk

metalspring

Nov 5, 2011
I really want to flash this but my Droid is still my daily phone... Is it stable enough for daily yet or should I hold out a little longer? Sorry for interrupting dev talk lol.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk

considering phone calling doesnt work, no lol...camera doesnt work either but thats not a huge deal...however if you dont need to make calls or take pictures then it works pretty well

HaleDesigns

Jan 9, 2012
Ogden
haledesigns.webs.com
First Post - Awesome Project!

I currently run my own business and have quite a few of my old verizon phones layin around including a OG Droid (Rooted On Stock Froyo). I basically use this phone as a paperweight and a MP3 Player. I havent flashed a ROM for quite a while. Is their a tutorial for flashing this specific ROM? And once the camera/phone work i have credit card in hand for your next 30 rack! Thanks - Hale Designs

HaleDesigns

Jan 9, 2012
Ogden
haledesigns.webs.com
Go into /etc and edit vold.fstab to add these lines at the bottom;
radiooptions 5
radiooptions 1
radiooptions 0

This will re-enable radio on boot.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

2-Legit, I just read like 18 pages and now its solved....SHIZZ, trying to take this to work with me and have it be stable enough to hand to one of my customers to play on while i root ...

kfazz

Jun 24, 2010
i've got several builds going now:
stock kernel, droid pvr libs -> 3d works, driver crashes a lot
stock kernel, droid/miles combo -> crashes less
modded kernel, milestone pvr stack -> doesn't load, needs kernel changes(?)
modded kernel , updated ti pvr stack -> everything loads but gralloc module doesn't return the framebuffer, black screen

also, i was lent a bluetooth headset so i'll be looking into that tomorrow

ASAM123

Dec 20, 2011
I currently run my own business and have quite a few of my old verizon phones layin around including a OG Droid (Rooted On Stock Froyo). I basically use this phone as a paperweight and a MP3 Player. I havent flashed a ROM for quite a while. Is their a tutorial for flashing this specific ROM? And once the camera/phone work i have credit card in hand for your next 30 rack! Thanks - Hale Designs

I have flashed this rom myself, and the easiest way to do it is by going into rom manager, install zip from sd card, wipe data/cache and backup. If you haven't flashed clockwork recovery yet, do so via rom manager flash clockwork option and confirm phone build.

To restore to froyo (if u need to), boot into recovery (power+x) and restore backup.

kfazz

Jun 24, 2010
Turns out ti stack needs more vram. Default is 4mb; ti stack needs like 16 or 32mb

Motokernel doesn't seem to recognize vram parameter.

Reactions: alienbiker99

alienbiker99

Jun 29, 2010
kfazz, I was browsing looking for a possible answer to the vram problem... would modifying the boot.img vram
"--cmdline "console=ttyO2,115200n8 mem=456M@0x80000000 mem=512M@0xA0000000 init=/init vram=10M omapfb.vram=0:4M androidboot.console=ttyO2"

from omapfb.vram=0:4M to =0:16M or higher? or does this only affect the boot and not the actual system.

kfazz

Jun 24, 2010
kfazz, I was browsing looking for a possible answer to the vram problem... would modifying the boot.img vram
"--cmdline "console=ttyO2,115200n8 mem=456M@0x80000000 mem=512M@0xA0000000 init=/init vram=10M omapfb.vram=0:4M androidboot.console=ttyO2"

from omapfb.vram=0:4M to =0:16M or higher? or does this only affect the boot and not the actual system.

that is the same vram parameter i am trying to modify. when i set it to vram=16M omapfb.vram=0:8M it ignored the parameter and just allocated 4mb
Edit:
Actuially, the kernel never saw the changed parameters even though they are in boot.img idk where the kernel is getting it's bootargs from.

Last edited:

teddyearp

Jul 27, 2009
ted.servepics.com
Howdy folks. I would like to help here in my limited capacity. I have tried the 01/05 build with the 20111216b gapps and have yet to get market to show, even when I do not allow locations services and then reboot. I cannot find it anywhere in my apps to clear the market's data/cache. And just so you know, my install method has been to manually place the two files on my sdcard, then use rom manager to 'install rom from sdcard'. After I initiate that command, I select wipe data/cache, backup current rom, wipe dalvik cache.

On another note I just thought I'd point out something. There is no such thing (IMHO) as a "GB" kernel (as far as I know, the kernel is seperate from the OS and loads seperately and at a lower level than the OS) as it is still 2.6.32.9, the same as Froyo, Eclair used 2.6.29.x. Now the Samsung i515 running ICS is reporting a kernel version of 3.x.x.x. if I am not mistaken, but now I am getting off track.

Back on track, the kernel in this build is still 2.6.32.9 and as metalspring pointed out the twilan.ko file needs to match. But maybe the libaudio*.so files as well? When I went to a GB rom on my A855, we used the Froyo libaudio.so and libaudiopolicy.so files to restore the BT audio. Maybe to restore call audio for this rom, the same might make it work?

Just trying to help. . . .

metalspring

Nov 5, 2011
i hope kfazz doesnt mind this but i edited his latest gapps since so many were having problems with it, all i did was remove a few apps from the system folder...i know at least one person said it worked when the original didnt...here is the link

btw i'll remove it if you want, kfazz

also to anyone that wants to take out apps they dont use themselves just take the original gapps and use something like winrar in windows to remove the apk without extracting anything

Last edited:

PsYCoNUTS

Dec 28, 2011
Oklahoma City
Hey by the way what app should I use to backup my rom. I have clockwork but haven't been able to get to restore my old backups. I also have our rom tool box pro which I think I also has that function. I know this doesn't necessarily help out that Ic s rom. But it would help for loading back and forth between roms, showing it off to people and testing it out.

Sent from my DROID using XDA App

metalspring

Nov 5, 2011
Thanks man what apps did you remove?

maps, geniewidget, and voice search...i probably could've just done maps and voice search but i decided to play it safe

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

Hey by the way what app should I use to backup my rom. I have clockwork but haven't been able to get to restore my old backups. I also have our rom tool box pro which I think I also has that function. I know this doesn't necessarily help out that Ic s rom. But it would help for loading back and forth between roms, showing it off to people and testing it out.

if youre comfortable in recovery then id suggest using rzrecovery, it adds a bunch of extra features like charging in recovery, recovery overclocking, a much better option of wiping between roms (wipe all which wipes /system, /cache, and /data), and a few other things, i've never had problems with backups on it

just flash it like a rom but dont wipe anything
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/raidzero/107195-recovery-rzr-spr-based-update-zips-battery-charging-more.html

edit, the only thing is you cant flash anything with rom manager, you have to do it manually but, inmo, its worth it

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    new build: http://www.mediafire.com/file/guo6leourklgzgq/cm-9-20120703-UNOFFICIAL-sholes.zip
    gapps: http://www.mediafire.com/?ax46kp0yrl85ynn

changes:
    hexed defy camera libs
    HD profile 854x480 green lines in gallery, plays fine on pc
    SD profile 640x480, plays fine via gallery
    * camera saving null jpegs fixed
    * camcorder working
    * enabled TLS register user in kernel and userspace
    * enabled 1% battery charge display
    * lid switch reporting fixed again (haha)
    * updated wifi drivers and firmware
    * usb storage and adb work
    * probably something i forgot ;)
    compiled kernel with gcc4.5, userland with linaro gcc 4.7 and -O3

still broken:
    camera flash
    gps (it was working before. RDS_SOCKET permission issue??)
    speakerphone and bluetooth mic routing
    HW decode
    native tethering

if you like my works, feel free to buy me a beer
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/sndcftxoq9g51gd/cm-9-20120712-UNOFFICIAL-sholes.zip
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/uuhjaczqiqudqll/deprimed_160mhz.zip
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/um9adenv025ip5d/deprimed_180mhz.zip
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/k7agmab0uvuf274/deprimed_200mhz.zip

build default is core @ 180 (sgx @ 120)

3 kernels:
    core 160 hi 80 low sgx 107/53 ~ stockish speeds
    core 180 hi 90 low sgx 120/60 ~ moderate performance increase, good batt life
    core 200 hi 90 low sgx 133/60 ~ "battery waster" :D fast! definitely wont work on all phones. it works on my droid built 9/11/2010, but the other one built 7/19/2011 doesn't.

other changes:
    touchscreen? idr if that was in 7/3 build
    camera stuff
    sw dec
    added a few missing bluetooth files
    not really much else
    overclock breaks camera, backported milestone mt9p012, hp3a, and isp drivers
    this fixed camera and camcorder with sgx overclock, and i'm getting higher fps while recording
    was 15 , now 20 to 24.
    isp now uses an additional 6mb of ram, but i think it's a good tradeoff.
    true 720p recording may be possible now ;)

Edit: still freezes... hmm.

Edit:
    odexed build is still unstable, it locks up occasionally when the phone goes to sleep, and usually doesn't come back.
    no errors in logs, nothing i can check looks out of the ordinary, happens with and without gapps, completely mystifying.
    today i ws able to hack in the defy qtouch-obp-ts drivers and enable 5 point multitouch
    the new drivers came with new firmware. previously ver 19, new ver 22.
    this actually got flashed to the touchscreen controller, it's a one way process, unless someone can dump v19 from their phone.. but
    the new ver is compatible with old kernels too, so i don't think it's a big deal.
    i also modified the way the driver reports touch events based on moto stingray qtouch driver
    this is compatible with ics and jb without hacks.

ics progress: testing an odexed build. it's 20mb larger, but uses 20mb less ram and it's fast! now half of system/app lives on /data
    jb: boots. touchscreen is ... weird. no radio audio sensors lights anything really.
    figured it out:) well maybe i don't quite understand it, but it works :D
    problem was in sram34x.S
    apparently newer kernels don't modify sdram AC timings because sram code can't guarantee no one is using sram when the clock change occurs, which causes random crashes, or in our case, no boot.
    i've also rebased my kernel on deprimed and so far all is good.
    still need to test battery life, it's probaly worse, but better than previously posted builds
    screen off: ram @ 80Mhz sgx at 53Mhz
    screen on: ram @ 200Mhz sgx @ 133Mhz
    Edit2 warning was caused by dsp opp2 not being able to be set
    dropped dsp opp2 to 160.