Votes: 177 47.6%
  • No reboot after app installation

Votes: 195 52.4%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Destrto

Sep 6, 2013
Richardson
I have verified this to work. Downgrading to Busybox 1.25.1 allows Trickster MOD to run as normal again. However, it now currently pops up a toast notification stating that "Modified root app might contain dangerous virus/malware" Not sure if this is due to having an "outdated" Busybox installed, or if it's related to my ROM build (OnePlus 2 Vanir 08152017).

But again, Trickster MOD is now working as intended again. Which makes me happy, because I have not been able to use it all year.

*Update* - BusyBox auto updated to 1.27.1 before I could disable auto-updates, Trickster MOD still opens normally as of this post.

Last edited:

waplay

Dec 13, 2015
Is it possible to use this app/mod sidebyside with SetCPU? Because the only feature i miss in your app is the governor control

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Trickster MOD app is a tweaking tool to change various settings included in your kernel and other tweaks to your phone. It was made by me and my friend.

Screenshots and more information at links below.

Links
    If you like the app please rate it 5 stars and if you can, please donate.

Feature requests
    Please post & vote features on our feedback site. So we can keep track of them

Question
    If you have question specific to your device or kernel, please state your device config: e.g. device, kernel, settings you used,...

Bug Report
    • Please read the FAQ at our website before reporting any problem
    • If the FAQ does not help, use the Bug Report feature in our app & reference your ID here (the number in the mail subject).

Credits:
    - Google
    - Our great kernel devs
    - grilledbacon for your beautiful icon
    - Beta testers and translators for your contributions
    - Anyone that helped us in some way

Disclaimer: This is provided with NO GUARANTY whatsoever. Use your common sense.
    App was updated and now available on the Play Store. As we use a new key for Play Store please uninstall the old version prior.
    Please rate it 5 stars if you like it
    If you can buy the donate app to support us, you will also receive a hidden feature then :D.

Version 1.2.208 (20120913)
    - All known bugs fixed
    - Various stability issues resolved
    - Global Apply button (not per tab anymore)
    - New tab style (Playstore style)
    - Use root with background thread to have a faster UI
    - Support orientation change
    - Vastly modified GUI compared to what we have in the previous public version
    - No more reboot on first app install
    - Remove init service and rely on kernel init.d support for certain features
    - Ability to change set-on-boot feature so if you disable it and reboot you have your kernel default settings
    Good job on the latest app.
    Just to confirm, to fully uninstall it, all one needs to do is uninstall the app from within Android or TiBu correct?
    No more needing the uninstall cwm flashable?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

You may need to restart the phone.
    New version released 20120813:
    - No more recovery zip only apk
    - Add the new awesome splash screen
    - Add ADB over WLAN
    - Add Bug Report! feature
    - Add TCP congestion control
    - Add and fix some GUI strings
    - Add a workaround kernel that set weird permissions on certain sysfses
    - Rework About activity into a Dialog
    - Tweak some slider GUI elements to use spinner instead of text box where it makes sense
    - Fix color and gamma sliders problem for kernels that use CM color control
    - A lot of fixes, and changes under the hood

Biggest change: no more recovery zip only apk now :D. And in case there's bug, we have a bug report feature now. If you want to further discuss the problem here, post the timestamp includes in the mail subject, I or my friend will get back to you.

EDIT: Forgot to mention if you can't install the apk over the old one. It's because I signed the new apk with a new key, just uninstall and install the new apk.
    New version pushed to market, should take sometime for Google to refresh their servers

Version 1.2.256 (20120918)
    - Refresh values on apply
    - About dialog turn to tab
    - Add FAQ and Discussion Forum for each device in About tab
    - Nexus 7: Add CPUQuiet, Smart Dimmer and GPU 3D scaling controls
    - Support 4 step OC for GPU on GNex Anarky Kernel
    - Voltage control now has a dialog to set offset for all levels
    - Improve init.d detection on CM based ROM
    - Remember last tab across sessions
    - Fix FSYNC apply derp and Touch wake delay duplicate

@kyokeun1234: Might be because we missed it or we deemed the question to be user/ROM errors. In any case this is a Root app, if you don't let it have root, what do you expect? Your problem with AOKP is likely because you enable the same feature like Zipalign in both our app and the ROM. Lastly if you still encounter any problem with the new version, do a bug report then.