[Q] fm radio on anything other than stock

Search This thread

joe tigercat

Feb 21, 2014
so this has been asked before for the htc desire c, but never answered.

has anyone used custom sense based rom (as i gather these are the only ones capable) of using the fm radio? I'm happy to use stock, but i was getting frequent and untimely reboots of the device with stock. spiritfm is not compatible with the device.

Antagonist42

Feb 5, 2012
Bolton
It is possible you are one of a few that uses the FM on your phone, I never use it (used it about 3x since mobiles had it as a capability from Nokia 5600 or something like that lol! ) that's probably the most likely answer as to why it's not been (or being) answered :(

PM a ROM DEV is probably your best bet ;)

Bashing away at my HTC Desire C

yashsoni

Apr 11, 2014
hi all i have recently got my desire c rooted which was succesful. so i decided to move on a srep further and got to a more advance level and try out custom ROM so i searched abt it and found Cyanogenmod10 to be the most popular and also one of the most supported ROM by developers so i Managed to install all the things properly and now I curreently have CM10 with android 4.1.2 which i great all the things work great and specially the battery life i mean cant even think that my phone had such a long battery life which was possible to acheive with CM10 now i have wifi 3g some gaming and music on all the time since past 1week from the time i got CM10 the battery lasts 1full day plus 3-4 hours more. whereas with stock rom it lasted only 7-8hrs.So CM10 works great inshort.

Now comming to a problem which i faced with CM10- NO FM RADIO app. i did not think abt it earlier but now after flashing i came to know CM does not come with FM . so i did search on net and found Spirit Unlocked and Spirit2 which are 3rd party app as most of you might know for FM radio. and i tried it and the both dnt work at all ,i can install them both but no FM service its just like a app installed it opens and nothing runs no radio works with these two also.
So i thought that if som1could help me with it.what i thought was to get the apk file for FM from stock HTC Desire C rom and try it on my phone with Cm10 but only problem i that where can i get the stock apk file for HTC desire c FM ? can som1 provide me that file ? so i can try it?
thanks

Antagonist42

Feb 5, 2012
Bolton
Get it by extracting it from revolutionary stock deodexed Rom ;)

At least that's a start for the apk

Bashing away at my HTC Desire C