[Tools] – SU/BusyBox/Misc – Galaxy Tab 10.1 (Update: 6/18/11)

Search This thread

schwiz

Jul 3, 2009
Yes I had done the other method first. But noted thanks :)

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium App

kentoe

Mar 17, 2010
Just a note for this, when I installed this zip file after rooting the tablet my root permissions got messed up and wasn't detecting root through the super user apk. I had to flash over the original root .zip file to get super user working again.

pershoot

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 1, 2008
Look above you.

Your answer to why your root stopped functioning properly is above you, and the fix in your specific scenario.

neonflx

May 1, 2008
does this work on a retail SGT 10.1? got mine yesterday and still trying to root it, thanks.

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
No confusion.

Retail came later.

It is known that retail is locked. When it is unlocked everyone will know.

krlrvr

Oct 23, 2009
Thank you pershoot.

I was far too impatient to wait for SDK and such to download on my painfully slow connection. So, I grabbed su_busybox_misc-sam_tab_10.1-061611.zip from your blog. Opened GT 10.1 on my desktop to view files. Drag and Dropped the .zip to the Root Storage of the tablet, booted into CWM recovery and installed from there.:D

baggenismo

Feb 26, 2011
I cant get this to work...
I have been able to install CWM 4.0.0.4 and tried using the root hack listed here and in a seperate thread via .zip install in recovery. when I launch OEM 3.1 and try using titanium or set CPU it cannot get root access. I have superuser and uninstalled/reinstalled but when i run the SU update it fails to gain access to root

whats going on??

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
I cant get this to work...
I have been able to install CWM 4.0.0.4 and tried using the root hack listed here and in a seperate thread via .zip install in recovery. when I launch OEM 3.1 and try using titanium or set CPU it cannot get root access. I have superuser and uninstalled/reinstalled but when i run the SU update it fails to gain access to root

whats going on??

revert all of the changes by flashing OTA 3.1 (update.zip). then flash the tools once again over it (the latest one). then reboot.

baggenismo

Feb 26, 2011
OTA 3.1? link for this please.
I have done a complete backup and wiped the data before installing the preview kernel in dev forum. after booting to this and setting it up i went back to recovery and installed the su/busybox etc .zip and still dont have root.

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
OTA 3.1? link for this please.
I have done a complete backup and wiped the data before installing the preview kernel in dev forum. after booting to this and setting it up i went back to recovery and installed the su/busybox etc .zip and still dont have root.

you cant miss it. on the first page.
[HC 3.1] – OTA (update.zip) – (Update: 6/18/11)

that will take you to my site and you dload it from there.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    -SU/BusyBox/Misc Tools/Utilities for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    -Compiled from CyanogenMod's, CM7 repo for Harmony, and use the supplied update-script as a base
    -Statically compiled busybox-1.18.4 with optimisations used for gtab-2632, via CodeSourcery’s 2009q1-203
    -VI/VIM/HTOP/SSH/DropBear/BASH, etc., etc.
    -set ro.secure=0 (adb root shell)

http://droidbasement.com/db-blog
    when you flash this you will be rooted/have root capabilities when you return to the OS, so there is no need to do another method on top of this.
    thanks for the reply, so how will i flash this? by turn off my device then hold up volume and power button going into NVflash and start SDK and push it from there?

thats wierd i dont see clockwork after i done http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1130574

Power off. Then hold vol down+power until the device comes on then release power. You will now be in a new screen. Select the first picture of the box and android with the volume keys and powerbutton. You will now be in cwm.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 10.1 via Tapatalk
    I need clarification on the steps on the blog. I booted into recovery and selected to apply update from sdcard as it states then I select the option for YES but it says that it can't open update.zip since it doesn't exist. I checked the /sdcard via adbputty and see that it has su_busybox_misc-sam_tab_10.1-061611.zip there.

So do I need to choose the option in CWM recovery to install zip from sdcard instead or am I missing something?

Yes, install zip from SD card then navigate to the folder you put the zip in. Select then it will flash.