BOUNTY. TO S-OFF and Root for HTC jetstrem

Search This thread

moorepv

Jul 10, 2012
Having the same issue

now am get cannot load "insecure.img" may be am not out the insecure.img file in the right folder or maybe the file could be invalid am not really sure, this is my 3rday trying to unroot my my device still no lock, plz help me plz

I am having the same issue. cannot load "insecure.img". I've rebooted. Tried the command in the different ways that folks suggested. Confirmed the files are all in the right place. Downloaded the insecure kernel again.

Anyone have suggestions for other things I should try?

Is there another root method out there?

Thanks!

moorepv

Jul 10, 2012
I am having the same issue. cannot load "insecure.img". I've rebooted. Tried the command in the different ways that folks suggested. Confirmed the files are all in the right place. Downloaded the insecure kernel again.

Anyone have suggestions for other things I should try?

Is there another root method out there?

Thanks!

I figured it out. Don't change the file name to "insecure.img". Leave the orginal filename and it works!

Aug 14, 2012
It isn't working!

I have een trying t do this for hours!!! it isnt working i keep getting that the computer can't load the .img!

the bootloader is unlocked, s-on (whatever that means). Very confused!

Aug 14, 2012
This doesnt look right

Change the filename back to the orginal file name (not insecurekernal.img). Worked for me.

OK, so i fastbooted the kernal then ran the easy rooting kit and it turns out it ain't so easy... i got this

(7) skip "PC Companion Software" prompt on device
---------------------------------------------------------
CONFIRM ALL THE ABOVE THEN
Press any key to continue . . .
--- STARTING ----
--- WAITING FOR DEVICE
The system cannot find the path specified.
--- cleaning
--- remounting system
--- pushing busybox
--- correcting permissions
--- remounting /system
--- copying busybox to /system/xbin/
--- correcting ownership
--- installing busybox
--- pushing SU binary
--- correcting ownership
--- correcting symlinks
--- pushing Superuser app
--- cleaning
--- rebooting
ALL DONE!!!
Press any key to continue . . .

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2012
Can anyone help?

I really need some help. Ive been trying to do this for days! when i boot the insecure kernal it doesnt show up in the kernal info... just the htc kernal.
when i run the runme.bat fie CMD just keeps saying cannot find the specified path, along with the action the tool kit is doing, like cleaning or pushing busybox.... please help!

juannicolas

Mar 10, 2011
Caguas
I really need some help. Ive been trying to do this for days! when i boot the insecure kernal it doesnt show up in the kernal info... just the htc kernal.
when i run the runme.bat fie CMD just keeps saying cannot find the specified path, along with the action the tool kit is doing, like cleaning or pushing busybox.... please help!

How about if instead of "fastboot boot *.img" at first, you do a "fastboot flash boot *.img" and the fast boot *.img?

guru_shastri

Oct 25, 2010
have you looked in the thread linked?

"P: while activating the *.bat file you get the erroe "adb out of date...killing". the script will run all the way, but root access wont be given.
s: you need to close all adb processes from task manager, and the htcsync process as well (on PC)! also, you need to reflash the img file, and try rooting again. "

your not giving us too much to help you..

Aug 14, 2012
have you looked in the thread linked?

"P: while activating the *.bat file you get the erroe "adb out of date...killing". the script will run all the way, but root access wont be given.
s: you need to close all adb processes from task manager, and the htcsync process as well (on PC)! also, you need to reflash the img file, and try rooting again. "

your not giving us too much to help you..

ok. Ill try killing the processes... my other post had the command prompt of the root tool kit...

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

How about if instead of "fastboot boot *.img" at first, you do a "fastboot flash boot *.img" and the fast boot *.img?

I dont understand? you want me to flash the .img?

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

ok. Ill try killing the processes... my other post had the command prompt of the root tool kit...

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

Ok, So i tried flashing it it did this

C:\Android>fastboot flash boot JETSTREAM-DooMLoRD-insecure-kernel-autoroot-test2
-boot.img
sending 'boot' (4442 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.461s]
writing 'boot'...
OKAY [ 0.810s]
finished. total time: 1.271s

and my tablet didn't do anything... stayed on the bootloader screen....

BanBoo

Jan 5, 2012
Aschaffenburg

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

Ok, So i tried flashing it it did this

C:\Android>fastboot flash boot JETSTREAM-DooMLoRD-insecure-kernel-autoroot-test2
-boot.img
sending 'boot' (4442 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.461s]
writing 'boot'...
OKAY [ 0.810s]
finished. total time: 1.271s

and my tablet didn't do anything... stayed on the bootloader screen....

Try fastboot erase Cache... Maybe that's the trick

Did you flash the modules for the kernel? Actually I don't know if there are any modules for doomlords kernel...

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: harrisonjwilson

BanBoo

Jan 5, 2012
Aschaffenburg
ok.... did that. Now what exactly did i do? and what should i do next? it said clearing.... okay.

Nothing... If it would work your device should boot.

Thats the way I use to flash a kernel:

Fastboot erase cache
Fastboot flash boot boot.img
Fastboot erase cache

Never had problems this way.

Which rom you are using (or want to use...)?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

FaRiS261

Feb 28, 2009
Buraidah
thanks a alot to eveyone, who helped me however I am still unrooted. I don't know if that is the cause why I can not root, the path file for my adb and fast boot is as falloow.

C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD APP\bin\x86_64;C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD APP\bin\x86;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Roxio Shared\DLLShared\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Roxio Shared\DLLShared\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Roxio Shared\12.0\DLLShared\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Shared;C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;C:\Android-sdk\tools;c:\android-sdk\platform-tools

Make sure the file name is just insecure, while " img " is the extension

Correct
rc4vhj.jpg

Wrong
34rd8cm.jpg

cabetoguerra

May 5, 2008
dont working please help me!!!

---------- Post added at 01:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 AM ----------

[/COLOR]
based on the boot.img from above...

Insecure kernel + autorooting test2

download link: http://www.multiupload.com/ARWHD9V11Q

1. reboot into fastboot mode (adb reboot bootloader)
  2. check if device is detected (fastboot devices)
  3. if its detected then try hotbooting this kernel u downloaded (fastboot boot filename.img)
  4. if the device boots u should have superuser in app drawer
  5. incase u dont just check the output of this command (adb shell ls -l /DooM*)

also just check:

adb shell ls -l /data/local/tmp/autorootlog.txt

if the file exists then post output of that file (in ur reply):

adb shell cat /data/local/tmp/autorootlog.txt

No work friend. Now I have the bootloader unlocked through htcdev but DooMLoRD v2 tool does not work, please help ... Please review the attached image.

dontworktoolkitv2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ok so here is TESTED (on nmyseteroious device) rooting process for those who have my insecure kernel working:

DOWNLOAD THE INSECURE KERNEL FROM: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=20780097&postcount=131

Easy Rooting ToolKit v02-Jetstream

then download the v02 toolkit for JetStream files and extract contents in root directory of ur pc (e.g: c:\ OR d:\)

then just connect device (with my insecure kernel on it) and activate USB debugging...

then execute RUNME.bat

thats it ;)

ur device should now be permanently rooted after reboot...

PLEASE DO NOT MIRROR MY FILES

once a few more users verify it i will post it in development thread...

proof:

attachment.php

thank you nmyseteroious for the snapshot ;)
    Excellent news!!

I've talked to Task650, he is a very well recognized developer and one of the best at the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 forums and he is willing to help us Root our tablet!!

@mattyass can you PM Task so he can confirm with you where to send the device so he can start doing test and development?

@task650, thanks again, I am sure with your help will have a rooted tab!

This is a good day..

no problem bro. i couldnt stand owning a device without having root permissions. wouldnt even be worth it to me.

Here's my conditions of taking on this device.

1.) I need to have some time without being pestered for an ETA (it just makes things really stressful). I usually work relatively fast anyways. lol.
    2.) If for some reason I can't get it rooted (which I highly doubt will happen) I will want to send the device back to the original sender without any issues or hard feelings.
    3.) Once its rooted I want you all to have some fun with it!!!
    congrats on this, thanks to you now the owners of jetstream have a way to customize their device.
    i dont have one but hopefully will have one soon
    send me your paypal account
    i will send you the money
    thanks again for this
    guys like you are the ones that make android the platform that it is today
    let the roms come

:)

on XDA the donations link are right below the usernames "Donate To Me"
    one of Team Revolutionary's member replied and said that they might look into this :)

best of luck guys!
    Getting help...

Hello Jetstream family!!

I just bought my tablet this weekend!!

I was checking that we are very alone on this part of the XDA Forums and since I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab I talked to one of the best developers (Task650) over there and he told me he is going to see if he can help us here!!

Hope he can so we can have ROOT on this excellent tablet!

Also count me in with $ 70!!

I am beginnig to se a little light at the end of the tunnel :D