[PhilZ-cwm6][n7000] Stock Kernel+CWM6+Root+exFAT+NTFS-LTA

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=34537819&postcount=1182

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

kishorparmar

Apr 17, 2011
Hi Phil,thanks for you hard work,

why you releasing a new tuch recovery ? your PhilZ-cwm6 v2.5 have any bug ?

Phil3759

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2012
Finally, the dual usb mount now works in recovery for the i9100. I will have to see if it works with same settings for the Note
Big big thanks to gokhanmoral and utkanos for the support, more credits when it will be released

Tomorrow will be busy in real life things, probably no release before end of the week

To do:
- add reboot to download mode option
- turn off (not sure possible...)
- disable swipe right to select menu to avoid errors. Touch buttons in the bottom remain
- maybe adjust sensitivity, but size of menus will have to wait for now

shoey63

Recognized Contributor
Good News Phil!
Entropy has confirmed safety of cwm-touch-philz-6.0.1.4-i9100.zip. :D
I submitted my strings|grep analysis of the file for his opinion here and as well as an excellent tutorial on format commands, he responded with this:-
An update-binary or recovery built with BOARD_SUPPRESS_EMMC_WIPE is safe - the strings test you ran confirms that it is a safe recovery
So, to sum up your upcoming new kernel:-
Update-binary is SAFE!
Recovery is SAFE!
Kernel itself is SAFE!
(How much safety do you need?)
This should satisfy even the most paranoid of Note users. ;)

Last edited:

sitanshu91

Aug 22, 2011
mumbai
hey

just today for the first time i have rooted my device using your method
i got superSu and everthing is fine
i did got to recovery and did backup
also downloaded efs tool and did backup
...now am i missing something

what is busybox and does it need installing?

sorry for being noob

but thanx a lot

Phil3759

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2012
Hope it can be permanent. Hydracore kernels stopped the touch version of cmw, so I hope to flash your touch version of cmw after flashing Hydracore kernels.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

I am in touch with hydracore dev. I can fully understand his approach. Even the original touch cwm6 from Koush is very risky. You can by mistake do bad things

Basically, I think I will release a touch version with swipe right option disabled. Then, you can navigate but not select an action except using power button or the virtual enter button

Reactions: zard and simplelife

darkkinder

Dec 28, 2011
thanks for you hard work Phil, I'm still in doubt in which kernel to use. In my note I installed the N7000XXLRG---4.0.4/12.07.04-N7000DBTLRG ICS ROM, I downloaded here.

simplelife

Jul 6, 2012
I am in touch with hydracore dev. I can fully understand his approach. Even the original touch cwm6 from Koush is very risky. You can by mistake do bad things

Basically, I think I will release a touch version with swipe right option disabled. Then, you can navigate but not select an action except using power button or the virtual enter button

Big font....for 4 eyes.:eek:

Reactions: zard

Top Liked Posts