[Q] Update to 4.3 with BL unlocked?

Search This thread

PeterGeorgiou

Apr 10, 2013
Larnaca
www.facebook.com
Hi guys, i just flashed the original firmware on my xperia T because im hoping the update will come by next week. I have also relocked my bootloader. However i was wondering if there was a way to receive the update even if my bootloader was unlocked and on a custom rom..?
Any suggestions would be appreciated!

isko95

May 6, 2012
Lombardy
Hi guys, i just flashed the original firmware on my xperia T because im hoping the update will come by next week. I have also relocked my bootloader. However i was wondering if there was a way to receive the update even if my bootloader was unlocked and on a custom rom..?
If you are on a custom rom, i dont think you will receive the update

istux

Jun 26, 2012
Milano
If you have the original firmware AND the bootloader locked, you will get the update directly from Sony.

If you have a custom rom OR just the bootloader unlocked, you will be able to update only with the Flashtool and a FTF file.

Gasai Yuno

May 11, 2011
Rausu
If you have a custom rom OR just the bootloader unlocked, you will be able to update only with the Flashtool and a FTF file.

Correction: you can still receive an OTA update if you're on stock firmware and your phone's bootloader is unlocked, but installing the OTA update will in most cases brick your device (again, that's if the bootloader is unlocked).

istux

Jun 26, 2012
Milano
Correction: you can still receive an OTA update if you're on stock firmware and your phone's bootloader is unlocked, but installing the OTA update will in most cases brick your device (again, that's if the bootloader is unlocked).

Thanks for the explanation ;) but in the second sentence I wrote "able to update" and not "able to receive the update from Sony".
There's a slight difference of meaning, so my statement was right.
And yours is a clarification, not a correction ;)

olafd72

Mar 28, 2012
Amersfoort
www.stambomen.net
Also when your phone is branded, you have to wait a bit longer until your provider will provide you with their 4.3 version? Does anybody knows how I can see whether my phone is branded? If I look in the Service Info settings it says :1262-6309_9.1.a.1.141 Generic User at Phone Software Version and GLOBAL-HSPA_9.1.a.1.141 at File System version. At Customization Version: 1266-0471_R71.

Anybody? :D