New Dopod ROM for HTC Excalibur 1.15.707.2

Search This thread

siii

Oct 3, 2006
I have an unocked DASH and was able to load up the dopod rom. first you have to load up the boot loader rom thats and the ftp here, then loadup the dopod rom. I've had my dash unlock since day one from imei-check.
it loaded up just fine. the big difference i've noticed is that now when I hold down a key the alternate keys charater appears like in the tmobile rom. The font is a little bit bigger, which don't mind at all. I'm using the dash on cungular currently. i've noticed my call clarity is a bit better and the recption is better.

later,
DMunkie

Hmm, My Phone Is an Original HTC S620 from the factory and I was able to load 2 Test roms without a bootloader downgrade and it worked fine. But this new Dopod rom isn't loading at all..

siii

Oct 3, 2006
Ok I just wanted to make sure it wasn't my phone that was messed up so I reflashed An HTC Shipped ROM from the FTP site and it works great.. Then when I tried to flash the Dopod ROM it fails at 4% with an Invalid Vendor Error.. =( now i have to pay for CID unlocking huh..

Last edited:

Troy McClure

Sep 19, 2006
I have an unocked DASH and was able to load up the dopod rom. first you have to load up the boot loader rom thats and the ftp here, then loadup the dopod rom. I've had my dash unlock since day one from imei-check.
it loaded up just fine. the big difference i've noticed is that now when I hold down a key the alternate keys charater appears like in the tmobile rom. The font is a little bit bigger, which don't mind at all. I'm using the dash on cungular currently. i've noticed my call clarity is a bit better and the recption is better.

later,
DMunkie

Thanks for the heads up DMunkie, I did the bootloader thing and then the dopod rom loaded fine. I've got to do some playing around to see the differences but as it's booting right now I see I have a new startup logo. No biggie, at least it is not as long as the T-mobile one.

Troy

ID64

Oct 1, 2003
ROM seems to be fast and stable. Font name and size is different, looks the one that is on Samsung i320. It looks horrible without cleartype enabled. But I can enable it with Tweaks2K2 or registry change. The problem with this font that some custom today themes doesn't show properly.

I think speakerphone works better now. Cleaner with better frequency response.

Troy McClure

Sep 19, 2006
Font bothered me at first but I can live with it, I installed my favorite theme (Philly Eagles) so besides the top and bottom of the screen, all looks good.

The hold for alternate character is nice to have back. Someone do me a favor and tell me what your current rom does when you press alt+space when in a text edit mode. This new ROM has keytouch by keytouch.net. Excuse my ignorance but I've never seen this on the last rom or the T-mobile rom, is this the software that makes the alt character work? If it is then maybe it can be esily added regardless of your rom?

Keytouch also lets you copy and paste which is nice, once again, I am not sure if previous roms had this.

Thanks,

Troy

Last edited:

siii

Oct 3, 2006
Ok as far as this rom goes: I have it installed on my S620 and it's pretty responsive. I like that all the screens are skinned blue instead of the green HTC theme.. Holdng down the keys to have it change to another character is good.. As for the bad.. I get a network error every time the Phone reboots, The fonts are too big.. (It makes the phone look cheap) The character map of the keyboard is not the same. ( i go to press ! and its &) I seem to not be able to edit the registry with Total Commander, I can't Initiate OMAP overclocking, uugghh.. theres more but i'm tired.. i think imma switch back to the old rom if i dont get this done by tonight..

Troy McClure

Sep 19, 2006
I too flashed back, I could not get use to the font after-all and I did not like the fact that it asked me about my network connections when powering it on every time.

I did like the keytouch.net stuff though, I have to find a way to get that portion into my current rom.

Troy

Top Liked Posts