[ROM+KERNEL][flo][CM11][NON-CAF][4.4.4][KTU84P]*Linaro*dt2wake*QuickBooot*

Search This thread

bruce2728

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 5, 2009
Walton-on-the-Naze
CM11 KTU84P with non-caf kernel support.

rWmsyuP.jpg

This ROM is now built using the latest linaro 4.7.4 toolchain and comes with my modified version of Bricked kernel (thanks showp1984) My kernel source can be found here.

The ROM is compatible with other aosp based kernels, but if they dont have mpdecision or thermald built in you should rename them by removing the -bck at the end of the file name. The 2 files are located in system/bin.

I have also added QuickBoot, this enables you to power the device on/off in 1-2 seconds and puts it into hibernation.
This can be disabled in developer settings.

The following are configurable in the init.d file 99kernel

DoubleTap2Wake
Sweepp2Wake
Sweep2Sleep
Magnetic on/off
Battery voltage mod

These are disabled by default. More options will be added soon.

To edit this file use any good root file explorer. It is system/etc/init.d/99kernel and is pretty self explanatory once you open it.
Make sure permissions are set to rwx r-x r-x after editing.

Download

Goo.im isn't letting me upload at the moment so please use AndroidFileHost for now.

Please use Goo.im to download the ROM or use the GooManager app for ota updates.

If anybody has trouble with goo pm me and I'll upload the ROM to the mirror below.
HERE - thanks to mabdk

Use PA latest gapps (the full package) to get ART working.

Everything works as it should.

Changelog can be found Here
And recent changes I have made can be found here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've made a few changes to the device trees and to allow them to build I have posted my source complete with a local manifest for thos who would like to build ROM for themselves.

You can view my work by clicking here.

If you would like to build this ROM just run the following comand to import my local manifest (after you have set up the build environment and performed a repo init ofcoarse).

You can fin a guide for your device Here

Code:
wget -O ~/android/system/.repo/local_manifests/bruce2728_manifest.xml https://raw.github.com/bruce2728/local_manifest/kitkat-mr0/bruce2728_manifest.xml

Once you have done that simply run a 'repo sync' to pull in my repos.

If you use any of this to make your own ROM please let me know and give me a mention in your thread.

Donations are always welcome but in no way required.
If you would like to donate please follow this link. Thank you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Last edited:

mds96

Nov 30, 2010
Has anyone tried using Slimport on this since it uses the AOSP kernel? Not sure if the kernel has anything to do with it, but I can't get it to work on the other CM 11 build that is out....I want to be on CM 11 but had to go back to AOSP because of the Slimport issues

Reactions: lndeed

ptlsajan

Dec 20, 2011
HTC U11
Can anyone tell me how to flash these rom on nexus 4.....as it gives status 7 error amd says that its for flo device not mako

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

bruce2728

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 5, 2009
Walton-on-the-Naze
Can anyone tell me how to flash these rom on nexus 4.....as it gives status 7 error amd says that its for flo device not mako

This is for flo, mako is in my other thread, I'll edit the titles of my threads to avoid confusion and put separate folders on my ftp server.

biomech91

Oct 11, 2009
bruce2728, I remember you from the Sensation forum! Nice to see you here.

I've been looking for a good 4.4 build for the flo, this is working great.

Reactions: bruce2728

gautampw

Feb 12, 2011
Mumbai
This Rom is incredible. I use it on Flo & Mako, it is perfect, I use custom kernels (Bulletproof on FLo & Hell on Mako) and I have zero issues so far.
Initially I had gapps FC, its easy to fix, Go to settings-apps-all apps- click three dot menu - select "reset app preferences" - no more gapps fc after that

The rom is perfect, Cyanogenmod Goodness+ART+Custom Kernels, what else you want?

Reactions: ProficienTICS

at10ti0n

Jan 1, 2007
thanks for your rom.

Seems like there is an issue with bookmarks sync adapter, causing the gapps process to FC. This is related to ART on all CM11/AOSP roms i've tried so far.

abalosmusic

Nov 11, 2012
Lost access to root as well as wen i install it, superuser is there but it claims i have no root access

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CM11 KTU84P with non-caf kernel support.

rWmsyuP.jpg

This ROM is now built using the latest linaro 4.7.4 toolchain and comes with my modified version of Bricked kernel (thanks showp1984) My kernel source can be found here.

The ROM is compatible with other aosp based kernels, but if they dont have mpdecision or thermald built in you should rename them by removing the -bck at the end of the file name. The 2 files are located in system/bin.

I have also added QuickBoot, this enables you to power the device on/off in 1-2 seconds and puts it into hibernation.
    This can be disabled in developer settings.

The following are configurable in the init.d file 99kernel

DoubleTap2Wake
    Sweepp2Wake
    Sweep2Sleep
    Magnetic on/off
    Battery voltage mod

These are disabled by default. More options will be added soon.

To edit this file use any good root file explorer. It is system/etc/init.d/99kernel and is pretty self explanatory once you open it.
    Make sure permissions are set to rwx r-x r-x after editing.

Download

Goo.im isn't letting me upload at the moment so please use AndroidFileHost for now.

Please use Goo.im to download the ROM or use the GooManager app for ota updates.

If anybody has trouble with goo pm me and I'll upload the ROM to the mirror below.
    HERE - thanks to mabdk

Use PA latest gapps (the full package) to get ART working.

Everything works as it should.

Changelog can be found Here
    And recent changes I have made can be found here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've made a few changes to the device trees and to allow them to build I have posted my source complete with a local manifest for thos who would like to build ROM for themselves.

You can view my work by clicking here.

If you would like to build this ROM just run the following comand to import my local manifest (after you have set up the build environment and performed a repo init ofcoarse).

You can fin a guide for your device Here

Code:
    wget -O ~/android/system/.repo/local_manifests/bruce2728_manifest.xml https://raw.github.com/bruce2728/local_manifest/kitkat-mr0/bruce2728_manifest.xml

Once you have done that simply run a 'repo sync' to pull in my repos.

If you use any of this to make your own ROM please let me know and give me a mention in your thread.

Donations are always welcome but in no way required.
    If you would like to donate please follow this link. Thank you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
    4.4.1 KOT49E uploading.

I'll add back dt2w in next build.

New builds up...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    ROM updated 4.4.2 KOT49H

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    Todays build is uploading.

Has AOSP kernel support not caf.