Galaxy S4 SIM card

Search This thread

dwd902

Feb 19, 2013
Hello everyone. I just got my new phone from best buy. My phone is on the sprint network and it doesn't have a sim card. In the top left corner it says "insert sim card" can I get rid of this notification? Also do I need a sim card? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

daniel4653

Jul 10, 2010
Southern California
Hello everyone. I just got my new phone from best buy. My phone is on the sprint network and it doesn't have a sim card. In the top left corner it says "insert sim card" can I get rid of this notification? Also do I need a sim card? Thanks in advance.

GO back to Best buy. The phone should have included a Sim card. and you need it to get rid of that notification and in order to use sprints LTE network.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Reactions: jonapunk

dwd902

Feb 19, 2013
Thank you very much. I called best buy and they said sprint doesn't use sim cards and after a few minutes of questions I was transfered to mobile and they said that I should in fact have a sim card. Thank you very much.

Reactions: daniel4653

Ali1353

Dec 3, 2013
Los Angeles
Thank you very much. I called best buy and they said sprint doesn't use sim cards and after a few minutes of questions I was transfered to mobile and they said that I should in fact have a sim card. Thank you very much.

If you are able to make phone calls and access your LTE data then you already have the microSIM inside. When I got mine I had the Simcard but I needed to push it in for activation.
Hope it works.

dwd902

Feb 19, 2013
Nope I have no sim card at all. I can call people and still have 3 service. I just need sim for LTE. I really just want to get rid of notification. LTE isn't available nor will it be for a long time :(

cruise350

Dec 11, 2007
Memphis, TN
Nope I have no sim card at all. I can call people and still have 3 service. I just need sim for LTE. I really just want to get rid of notification. LTE isn't available nor will it be for a long time :(

Don't wait to get one, go back to Best Buy right away and tell them to give you one or return the phone. You might not have LTE now but you are out of luck if don't have a sim card. I think I read somewhere a while back that the sim card for sprint must be paired with your phone to work properly so you don't want to mess around. Make Best Buy give you the sim or tell them to replace your phone with a new phone that has a sim in it.

long_tall_texan

Feb 24, 2011
DFW, TX
Sorry about reviving an old thread, but I figured this thread fits, so no need to make a new one.

Anyway, I just bought a Sprint Tab 4 second hand. I have no need or plans to use it on a mobile network. It is going to just be used on wifi. The previous owner did not include the SIM card, so I have the "No SIM - Insert SIM card" message in my notification panel all the time. No way to dismiss it. Does anyone know if there is a way to dismiss it? I am a Sprint customer - maybe they would just give me one free if I stopped by a Sprint store, but I highly doubt that...

Specifically, I have the SM-T237P model running Android 4.4.2 NL1 build. And I am rooted.

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sorry about reviving an old thread, but I figured this thread fits, so no need to make a new one.

Anyway, I just bought a Sprint Tab 4 second hand. I have no need or plans to use it on a mobile network. It is going to just be used on wifi. The previous owner did not include the SIM card, so I have the "No SIM - Insert SIM card" message in my notification panel all the time. No way to dismiss it. Does anyone know if there is a way to dismiss it? I am a Sprint customer - maybe they would just give me one free if I stopped by a Sprint store, but I highly doubt that...

Specifically, I have the SM-T237P model running Android 4.4.2 NL1 build. And I am rooted.
Try to press and hold the notification until App Info shows up. Click that and then uncheck "Show Notifications".

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer
Thank you. Just tried that. The app is System UI. and Show Notifications box is greyed out. Can't force stop the process to un-grey the box.

Any other ideas.
Try adding the line to your build.prop, save, and reboot:

keyguard.no_require_sim=true

Although you'll need to look for the line to see if it says false and change it to true. If the line is present it should be near the beginning of Additional Build Properties.

SKNur2l.jpg

long_tall_texan

Feb 24, 2011
DFW, TX
Thanks. I checked build.prop and it already has the line keyboard.no_require_sim=true

So that won't make it go away either.

Sent from my SGN4.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

GO back to Best buy. The phone should have included a Sim card. and you need it to get rid of that notification and in order to use sprints LTE network.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk