Buy the app again from Market?

Search This thread

harisled

Jun 14, 2010
Reading, UK
Hello, yesterday I flashed a new rom on my desire, and when i tried to download some apps that i have bought before, the market shows me the payment screen again.
Do you know why is this happening and how can i fix it??

harisled

Jun 14, 2010
Reading, UK
Here is what i have done:
I have been using my Google Apps username (XXX@XXX.com) which can be used to redirect to the Google Account that i have on the Gmail (XXX@gmail.com) for the Google services that aren't provided for hosted domains.

The previous orders have been charged on the Gmail Account (XXX@gmail.com) since there can't be a Google Checkout Account on a Google Apps domain.

Yesterday when i set up the phone i used the Gmail username, and after searching those apps it asked for payment.

So, what is wrong with all this? Since the apps are bought in the XXX@gmail.com email, what is the problem with Android Market?

I also have to say that i use market enabler since i live in a non-supported country and faked to the US carrier.

This is really troubling :S

I contacted the support of one of the apps and they advised to buy again and they will refund the previous charge.

Unfortunately this is not a good solution even though it is fair :|

foxmeister

Mar 10, 2008
Ealing
Here is what i have done:
I have been using my Google Apps username (XXX@XXX.com) which can be used to redirect to the Google Account that i have on the Gmail (XXX@gmail.com) for the Google services that aren't provided for hosted domains.

If I understand you correctly, when you original purchased your apps you used your XXX@XXX.com account which is a Google Apps for Domains account.

Since the Market doesn't allow Google Checkout with Apps for Domains accounts, when you purchased it would have asked you to use an alternate XXX@gmail.com account.

Assuming this is the case, your purchases are still linked to your original XXX@XXX.com account (which is fine), but you have now logged into your phone directly with your XXX@gmail.com account. It seems that the GMail account is only required to link with Google Checkout, and your apps are not linked to this account.

If you reset your phone and log back in again as XXX@XXX.com, you should be ok.

I also use an Apps for Domains account, and I can tell you that this works fine for me.

Regards,

DAve

harisled

Jun 14, 2010
Reading, UK
I see..
Well I had changed to the gmail login for some reasons so I suppose I have to buy the apps again :|

Thanks for the reply though :D