So I've lived with this problem for a few months since I didn't want to be without a phone. I eventually took it to a local cell phone repair shop and told him I've tried different software solutions (ie going back to yakju from takju and original radio etc) and that I'm pretty sure it's a hardware problem.
Calls me about 4 hours later and says he fixed it. I'm not sure what he did b/c when I asked him he gave me a vague answer saying the baseband chip was no good and that he did some "heat reflow" to it and now it works fine. Been testing for a few hours. It has a 45 day warranty so I'll see if he really fixed it.