Warranty VOID indicators, are there any?

Search This thread

emiglet

May 28, 2014
I have an Xperia Z, of which the battery probably died. Since I drained it to 1%, or even 0%, i turned the phone off myself, let it on the table and the next day I started charging it. It refused to charge, no LED was indicating, until several hours and attempts later. This happened 3 times in a row, and 4 days later at 51% my phone turned off instantly, blinking the red led 3 times and no sign of life since.

Instead of returning it for service, I consider repairing it myself, as the battery and back cover sealant costs no more than 25 bucks together (OEM), and the back-cover is loose because of the hot phone issue. But where are the Warranty VOID stickers? I know about the water indicators in the openings of the phone, but several phone service shops, youtube videos and even Sony Support themselves said that the only warranty void indicators are those water indicators.

Basically, Sony's reasoning was that they WILL see it when someone unauthorized has been inside the phone. When I asked if they would notice if the repairman would use OEM parts and leave no traces behind, they simply said "Your warranty is void if an unauthorized person services the phone". Which to me sounds "Yes, but I have to say no".

So, are there any? How would they be able to notice?

belesti

Dec 5, 2012

You can check out this teardown video on YouTube.

From what I can tell, there doesn't seem to be any warranty void stickers on the inside of the phone. But you'd probably have to be careful to not leave any telling signs such as scratches behind.

Good luck! :good:

emiglet

May 28, 2014

You can check out this teardown video on YouTube.

From what I can tell, there doesn't seem to be any warranty void stickers on the inside of the phone. But you'd probably have to be careful to not leave any telling signs such as scratches behind.

Good luck! :good:

My thought exactly! As I said, services told me, youtube has shown me, and even Xperia Care has admitted there aren't any.
I'll be careful and just open it up, and if I cant safe it, then I just send it back.

Like Homer Simpson would say...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V_E_Jnyhks

harrymason37

Jan 17, 2014
Tago
Why don't try first to recharge for at least 1day since it is completely drained kernel charging is not working yet it will charge slowly