AllCast 1.0.5.4 free, AllCast 1.0.7.6 premium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ganggreen777

Oct 28, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Already in test/beta from Google, apparently available for developer Chromecasts in Spain. Now available for non developers with rooted units too. See the Eureka-ROM thread.

-= this post enhanced with bonus mobile typos =-
Both of mine are not rooted and probably can't be...since I think both received updates (not allowing) rooting. I saw a post in Eureka-ROM that there is someone selling trustworthy cc's rooted
Might take a look see...but it will be nice if he does get his app to mirror. ..w/O root

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Asphyx

Dec 19, 2007
Android Wear
Google Pixel Watch
Both of mine are not rooted and probably can't be...since I think both received updates (not allowing) rooting. I saw a post in Eureka-ROM that there is someone selling trustworthy cc's rooted
Might take a look see...but it will be nice if he does get his app to mirror. ..w/O root

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

While having a rooted CCast is a nice toy to play with...
I guarantee if the feature works at all (and it does) it will eventually make it to everyone.
Probably as an announcement during Google I/O because there isn't really much else to announce regarding the CCast and they need something to announce at that event.

tdhite

Dec 4, 2012
DFW
Koush did not start this thread a user did.
And since the App is one of the few apps that support CCast it most certainly is a valid topic of discussion here.

All Cast Free version will work with extra features available with the premium.
If All Cast was against the rules so too would any discussion of Plex and truth be told just about ANY software written to support CCast.
They all seem to be a Plus Paid service in Apps that already existed like aVia. Bubble is free but will charge for the Transcoding side.

So I see no rule violations here on this thread. The OP has nothing to gain by his post.

And since people with a CCast are very likely to come here for support of those apps I see nothing wrong with them being here.

Fair points, as I said -- all imho. But Rule 11 is toothless if all one needs is a proxy to do his bidding. Not at all proposing that here, just food for thought.

no worries -- I'm not out to 'get' folks, this one just surprises me with the severe limitations on the unpaid software.

Asphyx

Dec 19, 2007
Android Wear
Google Pixel Watch
Fair points, as I said -- all imho. But Rule 11 is toothless if all one needs is a proxy to do his bidding. Not at all proposing that here, just food for thought.

no worries -- I'm not out to 'get' folks, this one just surprises me with the severe limitations on the unpaid software.

I wasn't getting on you or anything...
Just pointing out that ANY talk of software here would fall under that category then and then there would really be no need to have this site at all! LOL

techguyone

Mar 5, 2011
Does allcast have an issue with distant chromecasts?

One of my chromes is a way off, and Allcast never sees it, although Youtube does.

Anyone else have this issue if they have more than one chromecast, and it's towards the weaker side of the wi-fi range.

CZroe

Nov 13, 2011
Newnan, GA
Does allcast have an issue with distant chromecasts?

One of my chromes is a way off, and Allcast never sees it, although Youtube does.

Anyone else have this issue if they have more than one chromecast, and it's towards the weaker side of the wi-fi range.
It doesn't communicate with it directly. As long as both the phone and the Chromecasr have a decent connection to the same LAN, it should work just as well regardless of their spatial relationship.

techguyone

Mar 5, 2011
Yes, just found it odd that Youtube worked, but Allcast didn't. Clearly the distance from the router isn't the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Current AllCast version is 1.0.7.6 and it's paid again
    Author: Koushik Dutta
    What it does:
    AllCast lets you send photos, music, and videos on your Android to your TV!

AllCast supports:

* Roku
    * Apple TV
    * Xbox 360, Xbox One
    * Samsung, Sony and Panasonic Smart TVs
    * DLNA Renderers
    * WDTV
    * Chromecast (beta)

AllCast 1.0.4.6+ paid app supports Chromecast again:
    http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/0...day-after-the-release-of-the-google-cast-sdk/

Prerequirements:
    1.) Chromecast with firmware 15250 or later (rooted or stock has to be 15250+)
    2.) Android phone with Google Play Services 4.2.34 or newer, download links below
    http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/0...mes-adds-cast-api-signs-of-auth-enhancements/
    Please do not confuse Google Play Services with Google Play Store - not the same thing.

AllCast Wiki:
    https://github.com/koush/support-wiki/wiki/AllCast-Wiki

AllCast Demo
    This is the free version of AllCast, which has a 1 minute viewing limit on pictures and videos. Upgrade to the premium version to remove the viewing limit.
    Demo app:
    Mod Edit: Links removed

PS1: There is OLD AllCast 1.0.0.2 free for Chromecast only AFAIK it does not work with Chromecast 15250+
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=47503538#post47503538

PS2: AllCast 1.0.5.4(for Chromecast 15250+)works without limitations for free KD: "Set app to free while bugs are fixed" (thank jimmiet for info)
    Disable auto-update or this specific app auto-update in play store if you want it to stay free with premium features enabled.
    AllCast 1.0.5.4 MD5:4826EFD8BAA20FEDDF4B3CE88314845C

*AllCast 1.0.5.5 - 1.0.7.6 changelog
    Fix up excessive refresh on Google+ and DLNA
    Add casting videos and photos from Google+
    Crash fixes in Audio tab/playback
    DLNA Media Server support
    Transcoding fixes for many devices (Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10)
    Major transcoding performance improvements
    New icon
    Add setting to change streaming bitrate of local video files. Used properly, it fixes laggy playback.
    New icon
    UI fixes and tweaks
    Major UI redesign
    Muzei support
    Chromecast fixes
    As of the last update, the app is set to free while he fixes bugs.

Sent from my XT1060 using XDA Premium HD app

Yep in my case it's the same there is currently no limitation with current 1.0.5.4 version and Chromecast. Download and back it up guys. We werent so lucky since 1.0.0.2

Disable auto-update or this specific app auto-update in play store if you want it to stay free with premium features enabled.

MD5:4826EFD8BAA20FEDDF4B3CE88314845C
    I don't see it that way. Future Chromecast upgrades will make transcoding irrelevant. From the hardware point of view, Chromecast is more than capable of doing it (all compatible high bitrate 1080p streams that I tried worked like a charm), it is just a matter of adding support for those formats, licensing issues, and supporting them over time. Google is too big for it's own good and license restrictions plus being on the radar of content distribution companies is the real showstopper for Chromecast.

I am surprised that hacking and release scenes did not adopt the formats that big three (Apple, Roku, Google) readily support and make everyone's life a bit easier.
    The bitrate isn't as important as the compression algorithm (CODEC). The Marvell Armada 1500 mini platform that Chromecast is built on has hardware optimizations for low-power video playback, and while on the surface it looks similar to our phones and tablets, optimizing for low power consumption often means dropping some performance things.

MX Player is a good example for both sides of the coin. Using the HW decoder is much more efficient and provides much better results than the SW decoder. But, not all formats are supported by the HW decoder. It's much the same with Chromecast, except Chromecast doesn't give you the option of using a SW decoder.

While I'd like to see it happen, I can see the support nightmare it would cause for app developers. "You can play AVIs, but it has to be this, this or that CODEC, no higher than this bitrate, using this audio encoding..." It's already like that for the formats the Chromecast does support. Avia's FAQ is already full of caveats.

For a consumer device, caveats are bad. Remember that most of the Chromecast customers are not on hackers or programmers and have no clue what XDA is ;) They just want it to work - and they won't understand if they you tell them it only works on certain formats any more than they'll understand why their VCR keeps blinking 0:00 or 12:00. ;)

Don't get me wrong, I would love for true "plays anything" functionality natively on Chromecast, I just don't see it happening for the existing device. It's more of the "Plays great as long as you stick within the rules" model of the fruit world.

EDIT: Found this blog post that gives details on the platform and notes the "gap" between typical Android platform and Chromecast/SoC/appliance platforms at the end.
    http://technicalmc.blogspot.com/2013/08/marvell-dedicated-processor-for.html
    Sorry, I had to close this thread because the free version violates the criteria for free versions of paid apps as described in this guide: http://www.xda-developers.com/announcements/a-guide-to-paid-work-on-xda-developers/
    is avia better then allcast??

Plex is the only viable solution for casting all video types (mkv, avi, mp4,divx etc..) Avia and Allcast dont transcode anything so most videos dont play. Plex is also the only one that will also give you subtitle support

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk