Froyo for NIKE - Incubus26Jc's Super FroYo 2.2 [Deodexed] [RLS13] [8/18/10]

Search This thread

youngsien

Oct 7, 2009
Hello guys, want to have Froyo on your device? i've been testing and amzingly it run on Nike. Although there is a few bug just like the other android for Nike, but at least you can try the FROYO.

Here is what you need to do:
1a. If you haven't try Android before download attached andboot.zip, extract it to your SD card root.
1b. If you already have android build on your device, you can run copy androidinstall you've downloaded to andboot folder than do reinstall your android through haret. Remember to backup before doing anything.
2. Download androidinstall from the original thread Incubus26Jc's Super FroYo 2.2 [Deodexed] [RLS13] [8/18/10]
3. Backup! than, clear whatever "android" stuff you have from sdcard (I dont want it to get caught up in the install) especially your andboot folder
4. Extract contents of downloaded zip to temporary directory
5. Copy extracted /andboot folder to the ROOT of your SDCard
6. copy zimage to /andboot folder with this version (credit to mblaster) get in from http://84.23.71.227/kerneloftheday (i'm using zimage with vibration on my nike100 with zimageNike name) or you can use attached one - the newest from mblaster with audio fix (remember to extract the zip :) ).
7. overwrite default.txt with attached default.txt
8. Run HaRET, than hit “run” to launch android
9. Press and hold center of dpad after hitting "run" and follow the directions in the NoMoRootFs menu system
10. Install android system
11. Quit installer
12. Booting into Android
13. After you can see android logo wait about 15 minute
14. then shutdown and open up your phone again (should boot into winmo)
15. start haret and boot again to android
16. your android is ready to use

Working: Call, sms, ring, data (listed apn)
Not Working: Bluetooth, camera
Bug: Very difficult to receive call (maybe kernel problem???)

LEt us ask dzo (kernel inventor for vogue) to make update for Nike kernel to get all that stuff working :)

EDIT: thread author change it name, so i'll follow that too :)

UPDATE: I'm using dzo odex version from androidhtc

Attachments

• default.txt
    421 bytes · Views: 1,928
  • andboot.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 2,755
  • zImageNike.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,024
Last edited:
Reactions: Transmitter X

Maxxd01

Jul 19, 2008
Very good post!

Whats wrong exactly with receiving calls?

I dont believe BT/Camera will work on any Android ROM for nike. This problem come from months since the first release, and never. So, or we buy a really android smartphone or we change for vogue :p

Installing RLS4 + Kernel with vibration 03 June.

EDIT: Now I understand. Receiving calls dont work, its like we have phone turned off. Data connections work (...) Its not fast and ADW Launcher crashs often (or we have to "wait" many times). 2.1 Much faster. Also, screen its very not aligned (sorry, dont know the right word). Many times if I want to press a widget I have to point to the another one on left (annoying using keyboard). Still the same issue with hardware button 1. Three times pressing this key, and my screen goes black. Sometimes, I have ADW Launcher, go to setting, go back, and then I have laucher PRO.

Its a cool ROM, but I think useless for now. Lets hope anyone can solve the problems.

Thank you.

Last edited:

youngsien

Oct 7, 2009
yes, useless if our phone can't receive call, so we'll have to waiting for that, hope someone can solve it?

just contact dzo, he don't have time for maintaining a kernel for Nike. he want someone else to do that.

do you know someone who have some knowledge in C and a linux box to compile the kernel?

Maxxd01

Jul 19, 2008
yes, useless if our phone can't receive call, so we'll have to waiting for that, hope someone can solve it?

just contact dzo, he don't have time for maintaining a kernel for Nike. he want someone else to do that.

do you know someone who have some knowledge in C and a linux box to compile the kernel?

I know a lot of people, but no one with a nike. I know some C and linux, but I never programmed a kernel, however I can take a look. Where is the source code? Just found for vogue.

Last edited:

mblaster

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 2, 2007
I know a lot of people, but no one with a nike. I know some C and linux, but I never programmed a kernel, however I can take a look. Where is the source code? Just found for vogue.

Check my kernel thread. You will find the diffs (basically text files that show changes in source) to the vogue kernel source on my download page.

youngsien

Oct 7, 2009
yes, maxxxd01 please co-operate with mblaster, both of you is our hope for nike kernel. at least for now. thanks. keep up good work.

youngsien

Oct 7, 2009
new zimage from mblaster works for audio, and no touch screen problems on mine, receiving call is also working for me using froyo - at least for now , still testing it -

here is what i did:
1. update newest kernel using mblaster kernel with audio bug free from new zimage from mblaster works for audio, and no touch screen problems on mine, receiving call is also working for me using froyo - at least for now , still testing it -

here is what i did:
1. update newest kernel using mblaster kernel with audio bug free from http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=7021840&postcount=3
2. using phone prioritizer from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=558822

maybe you guyz can try it

mblaster

Aug 2, 2007
OK, I know it is the third time I am posting this, but I don't want you to miss this...

Kernel service up again with audio patch included. Hope verything works now. Niki100 version is also patched now, touchscreen problems seem to be vibration related on niki100 (thats why there is a vibration free version especially for theat phone).

http://84.23.71.227/kerneloftheday/

PS: Let me know if everything is fine now.

youngsien

Oct 7, 2009
looks like this newest build doesn't need any phone prioritizer anymore, it just ring as it should be, so no more receiving call lag.

mblaster

Aug 2, 2007
I did not fix the call recieve bug, but I suspect it not to be in the kernel anyway. Android has a very greedy memory management, which tends to kill the phone app from time to time. On my G1 I have similar problems with some ROMs.

Perhaps it was just fixed in R5 of the ROM?

BTW: Any help is appreciated :)

Booting Froyo on my nike for the first time. Nice CM5 Bootanimation :cool:

Last edited:

youngsien

Oct 7, 2009
wow, that mean receiving call problem is related to ROM, should thank dzo for that,

mblaster, yesterday i try to use newest kernel but it seems like sometimes it makes my touch screen not responding (i'm using zimage with vibration), then i revert back to zimage_audiotest, and still haven't find the same bug. anything wrong?

about the audio, it seems like a little larger, maybe can lower it a little thanks.

leonardoaraujo

Feb 17, 2009
Belo Horizonte
now yeah! I'm getting anxious, why now in an android niki100 (20 keys) is not just a toy is almost functional.

God bless you Mblaster, dzo you are almost there !!!!!

Vibration and camera are not so important for now, at least for me .. like the headphones because I walk a lot, but I will not ask more for it.

I think that Froio is more functional, but it seems late in the touch screen sometimes, or locking out of memory, not sure, but one question, where do I set the swap Froio? seems to me that with the eclair made work faster, Froio am running with EXT2.

Thanks!

abcorp

Jun 11, 2007
Hey guys. I'm trying to use Android on my HTC Touch Dual.
It runs ok, and it is fast now using the froyo. But I got a problem that I don't understand...
I boot up on Android and I have sound. I then make a call and I can hear it well... I end that call and after that I can't get anymore sounds from the system... If I make a new call I can't hear anything from the other side... :( :(

Please help....
Could it be the radio version I'm using!?

Thanks.

youngsien

Oct 7, 2009
Hey guys. I'm trying to use Android on my HTC Touch Dual.
It runs ok, and it is fast now using the froyo. But I got a problem that I don't understand...
I boot up on Android and I have sound. I then make a call and I can hear it well... I end that call and after that I can't get anymore sounds from the system... If I make a new call I can't hear anything from the other side... :( :(

Please help....
Could it be the radio version I'm using!?

Thanks.

MAybe you can try to flash other version of radio. I'm using 1.65.28. you can get the link at insomnia thread

I ask, the system did not contain Chinese, where I can download it?:eek::eek::eek:

maybe you lack the input system and language only, i can run ucweb chinese version on mine, for input system try to search on web. sorry i can't help. thanks

abcorp

Jun 11, 2007
MAybe you can try to flash other version of radio. I'm using 1.65.28. you can get the link at insomnia thread

Thanks for the reply.
Sorry about asking this but I need to HardSPL my device to do that?
I saw a post saying this:
"Note: The USPL is not a "HardSPL" which means it gets overwritten when you flash a full ROM. You have to run the SSPL if you want to flash any ROM again.
The HardSPL is never overwritten which in case of flashing trouble is a great insurance. Should you want to flash another SPL or USPL you must run the SSPL."

Can I use the SSPL method instead? It seem's less dangerous...
I've never did this so sorry about the question. :eek::eek:

Thanks man.

youngsien

Oct 7, 2009
do you never flash custom ROM to your Nike?if you never flash you should read the tutorial in the sticky before doing anything further to prevent error on your nike. there are a lot of tutorial to doing that

abcorp

Jun 11, 2007
Ok. Thanks a lot.
I already flash other devices but not this one... anyway I will read the tutorials.

EDIT: Thanks a lot youngsien. I already flashed the Radio you indicated and now I can make calls ok in android. :D

Xda Rulez!!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys, want to have Froyo on your device? i've been testing and amzingly it run on Nike. Although there is a few bug just like the other android for Nike, but at least you can try the FROYO.

Here is what you need to do:
    1a. If you haven't try Android before download attached andboot.zip, extract it to your SD card root.
    1b. If you already have android build on your device, you can run copy androidinstall you've downloaded to andboot folder than do reinstall your android through haret. Remember to backup before doing anything.
    2. Download androidinstall from the original thread Incubus26Jc's Super FroYo 2.2 [Deodexed] [RLS13] [8/18/10]
    3. Backup! than, clear whatever "android" stuff you have from sdcard (I dont want it to get caught up in the install) especially your andboot folder
    4. Extract contents of downloaded zip to temporary directory
    5. Copy extracted /andboot folder to the ROOT of your SDCard
    6. copy zimage to /andboot folder with this version (credit to mblaster) get in from http://84.23.71.227/kerneloftheday (i'm using zimage with vibration on my nike100 with zimageNike name) or you can use attached one - the newest from mblaster with audio fix (remember to extract the zip :) ).
    7. overwrite default.txt with attached default.txt
    8. Run HaRET, than hit “run” to launch android
    9. Press and hold center of dpad after hitting "run" and follow the directions in the NoMoRootFs menu system
    10. Install android system
    11. Quit installer
    12. Booting into Android
    13. After you can see android logo wait about 15 minute
    14. then shutdown and open up your phone again (should boot into winmo)
    15. start haret and boot again to android
    16. your android is ready to use

Working: Call, sms, ring, data (listed apn)
    Not Working: Bluetooth, camera
    Bug: Very difficult to receive call (maybe kernel problem???)

LEt us ask dzo (kernel inventor for vogue) to make update for Nike kernel to get all that stuff working :)

EDIT: thread author change it name, so i'll follow that too :)

UPDATE: I'm using dzo odex version from androidhtc