[RECOVERY] [Touchpad] TWRP 2.3.2.3 with on-screen keyboard! [2012-12-17]

Search This thread

gaww

Oct 4, 2010
Asheville, NC
Do some searching on TWRP abilities and you'll easily find your answer

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

I had already done some searching before I asked the question.

At least it sounds like it may be possible, so will continue looking now as it may not be a dead end road.

Update:

Maybe not possible, unless the last issue below has been fixed

Known Issues:

Zip files that install more data than free space is available will crash or hang recovery (AOSP issue)
No external sdcard support
No reboot to recovery
CWM backups are not compatible - please make a fresh backup in TWRP as soon as you have flashed it

PS - I installed it and tried this -

"But TWRP is supposed to. I've done it using mine, but I had to move my backup files from CWM to the TWRP folder to be recognized."

I moved one over and restore started up then immediately said Successful! and RESTORE COMPLETED ON 0 SECONDS so did not actually do anything. A poster on RootzWiKi said he had done so?

I am was on CM9 6-19 nightly and updated 6-20 after I made a backup of 6-19. I then tried restoring that and it worked fine.

Last edited:

ViViDboarder

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2010
San Francisco, CA
I had already done some searching before I asked the question.

At least it sounds like it may be possible, so will continue looking now as it may not be a dead end road.

Update:

Maybe not possible, unless the last issue below has been fixed

Known Issues:

Zip files that install more data than free space is available will crash or hang recovery (AOSP issue)
No external sdcard support
No reboot to recovery
CWM backups are not compatible - please make a fresh backup in TWRP as soon as you have flashed it

PS - I installed it and tried this -

"But TWRP is supposed to. I've done it using mine, but I had to move my backup files from CWM to the TWRP folder to be recognized."

I moved one over and restore started up then immediately said Successful! and RESTORE COMPLETED ON 0 SECONDS so did not actually do anything. A poster on RootzWiKi said he had done so?

I am was on CM9 6-19 nightly and updated 6-20 after I made a backup of 6-19. I then tried restoring that and it worked fine.

I don't know who fed you that info.

No, you can't restore CWM backups in Twrp. We use different methods.

THe proper action is to flash CWM, restore your backup, install Goo Manger and then install twrp and backup with twrp.

gaww

Oct 4, 2010
Asheville, NC
I don't know who fed you that info.

No, you can't restore CWM backups in Twrp. We use different methods.

The proper action is to flash CWM, restore your backup, install Goo Manger and then install twrp and backup with twrp.

I had searched as you had advised (wish you had said No you can't earlier), and a number of posts (other XDA forums and over on RootxWiKI Forum) had said you can.

I fooled with the CWM recovery files and managed to blow up my installation - just getting it all back up - with your Recovery.

ViViDboarder

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2010
San Francisco, CA
I had searched as you had advised (wish you had said No you can't earlier), and a number of posts (other XDA forums and over on RootxWiKI Forum) had said you can.

I fooled with the CWM recovery files and managed to blow up my installation - just getting it all back up - with your Recovery.

You might be able to restore certain partitions (data I think DON'T QUOTE ME), but I think most of ours are done with 'dd' as to preserve formatting rather than just a 'cp' of the files. This could be wrong though now as a lot has changed since I was last writing code for twrp. Been too busy with other things lately.

Gibbage

Sep 25, 2008
Stuck

Im in a little bit of panic here, and hope someone can help. Running TWRP 2.0.0 and I recently upgraded my Cyanogen 9A to AOKP and everything worked well. I also just flashed Gapps and that worked. Then I went and tried to flash a Kernel (Bricked-Kernel) and didnt see that it was old. On the flash screen I got E:Cannot load volume /misc! E:Unable to open zip file. and its STUCK.

I tried a LONG LONG power button press, and nothing. Tried a combo of buttons, nothing. tounch screen is not responding. The candy cane is still animating, and clock/battery level is still working, but its been 15 mins and nothing has happened (other then the battery running down and clock advancing).

Any help with this? Its not like I had a hard reset or battery access. Do I just let it drain the battery?

**EDIT**

Found it. Holding POWER and HOME BOTTON worked to shut things down. Does 2.1.0 have some sort of timeout on reading the zip file?

ToLive2010

Jan 8, 2010
Novokuznetsk
I have an issue with USB mounting in TWRP 2.1.1. After unmounting I can't flash any zip, it said "Can't open zip file". Rebooting recovery fixes it, but the bug happens every mount.

cdmcfud

May 13, 2011
Backups

How do I wipe old unwanted backups? I have 4 now and only need one or 2 at the most.
I don't like so much ROM taking up memory on my SD.

BIGSimon

Jan 19, 2012
Barnsley
How do I wipe old unwanted backups? I have 4 now and only need one or 2 at the most.
I don't like so much ROM taking up memory on my SD.

In TWRP use the file manager or in Android use esfile explorer or similar and in sdcard/TWRP/backups/0000000000000000/ then select the ones you want to delete

Sent from my CyanogenMod9 TouchPad using TapaTalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 2.3, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Phone look:

Tablet look:

CHANGELOG for 2.3.2.3:
    -Fix to libraries to avoid issues when formatting partitions

CHANGELOG for 2.3.2.1:
    -Updates to fix permissions
    -Fix USB OTG on GNex

CHANGELOG for 2.3.2.0:
    -Fixes / enhancements to handle the multiple user setup introduced by Android 4.2 (see notes)
    -Fixed a bug with deleting a backup with a space in the name
    -Added highlights on keyboard key presses

CHANGELOG for 2.3.1.0:
    -Unmount system after boot to prevent some status 7 symlink failed errors on zip install
    -USB Mass Storage code improvements
    -Better handling of mounting storage during boot for some devices
    -Fixed a problem with sizes of images (boot & recovery) after resetting defaults
    -Fixed size errors during backup for some devices on recovery, etc.
    -Fixed a problem with restoring backups when multiple archives were present

CHANGELOG for 2.3.0.0:
    -Rebased onto AOSP Jelly Bean source code
    -Rewrote backup, restore, wipe, and mount code in C++ classes for easier maintenance going forward
    NOTE: backups from prior versions of TWRP are still compatible with 2.3
    -ADB sideload functionality from AOSP is included in 2.3, see this link for more info
    -Re-wrote fix permissions entirely in C++ and runs in a few seconds instead of a few minutes (thanks to bigbiff)
    -Improvements to zip finding in OpenRecoveryScript (should be a lot fewer GooManager automation issues)
    -Faster boot times
    -Added charging indicator while in recovery (only updates once every 60 seconds)

While this update may not bring a host of new must-have features, this update is a significant re-write of much of the core TWRP code. AOSP Jelly Bean recovery source moved to mostly C++ code and now all of the "TWRP" code is fully rewritten into C++ as well. Now that we've laid this groundwork, we're in a much better position to pull in future AOSP recovery updates as well as implementing more great new features.

Since TWRP 2.3 is based on AOSP jelly bean sources, TWRP now uses recovery API 3 instead of 2. Some zips may no longer work if the developer is using an out-of-date update-binary. This API change should not be a problem on newer devices, but older devices will probably encounter several zips that need to be updated. If needed, you can try using this update-binary that was compiled with current sources. It goes in your zip file in the META-INF/com/google/android folder.

DOWNLOAD:
    The fastest and easiest way to install TWRP is to use the GooManager app:
    Play Store Link
    Direct Download
    1) Install GooManager from the Play Store
    2) Open GooManager and provide root permissions
    3) Hit Menu (or the button with the 3 dots on your screen) and then Install OpenRecovery
    OR:
    You can find more information and download links on our website!
    Direct Download

BUGS:
    If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log. It's pretty much impossible for us to keep up with the more than 30 threads that we have for the devices that we "directly" support. If you have a significant problem that cannot be answered in this thread, your best bet is to PM me directly, contact us via our website, or find us in our IRC channel below. If you see someone that's struggling, feel free to point it out to us. We need your help to help us keep track of all of our devices! Thanks!

SUPPORT:
    Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.
    Time for the 2.2.0 update!
    video tutorial

Here's a video on installing and using TWRP 2.2.0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIvWVS_Rkxo
    Could someone upload the zip for 2.2.0? I can't use Goo Manager, and the zip on the main website still 2.1.0.

I made the below by putting the new 2.2.0 image into the unpacked old 2.1.0 zip from the web site, then zipping and signing it. So, the below should work, but I haven't tried it as I've been waiting for the fixes from TeamWin that hopefully come this week? Be aware that this method brings up TWRP under the CWM pick in moboot, so you might have 2 recovery images in /boot. You are using at your own risk.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8228367/twrp_2.2.0_s.zip
    Bummmmp dat for 2.1!