[ROM][4.2.2][AOKP/CM/PA] SGH-T999 Vanilla RootBox [04/08][v4.2][DEVELOPMENT THREAD]

Search This thread

yanikd

Jan 12, 2011
You really think nobody notices you're spamming every threads with this? How much is he paying you? Please stop.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Last edited by a moderator:

critofur

Jan 21, 2011
NYC/Tokyo
Re-installed again. Full wipe cache/dalvik/system/data/internal all wiped multiple times still having some problems.

Can't send picture MMS.

Voice typing consistantly not working across multiple installs.

One thing which is prob. user errror: can't get rid of the softkeys (Navbar) - I could reduce it to "zero percent" but I still see it as a little fuzzy white spot at the bottom center of the screen.

critofur

Jan 21, 2011
NYC/Tokyo
...I wanna stick with this rom and i will (3.9). Awesome Job.
I tried both KT747 and Lean Kernel (versions which said they are for 4.2.2) and neither would work with 4.0.1. I had not tried this ROM prior to my recent install of 4.0.1. I have not been able to get a few things working after multiple installs (with complete wipes) so I guess I will try 3.9.1. I also tried Illusion which is the only other Rootbox ROM I have tried, and I had some problems with that one also. Maybe I need to start using MD5?

LuigiBull23

Jan 22, 2013
Holyoke
I tried both KT747 and Lean Kernel (versions which said they are for 4.2.2) and neither would work with 4.0.1. I had not tried this ROM prior to my recent install of 4.0.1. I have not been able to get a few things working after multiple installs (with complete wipes) so I guess I will try 3.9.1. I also tried Illusion which is the only other Rootbox ROM I have tried, and I had some problems with that one also. Maybe I need to start using MD5?

Maybe you're using a way out of date 4.2.2 kernel build..

yeeahnick

Aug 3, 2011
I wanna report a tiny visual bug.

Lets say i change the opacity of my notification bar to make it half trasnparent and i lock my phone using power button everything is good. But when i put phone in sleep mode using the Sleep Toggle the notification bar transparency goes away and it becomes fully black until i actually unlock the phone and bring down the notifications, then it goes back to transparent.

Should i report this in dev forum or is it a known issue because i only recently started using the sleep toggle or maybe its due to the recent camera bug and white gap/space in certain apps.

kilometers4

Mar 6, 2012
Message from Bajee:

Redesigned RootBox Website

Been working on a new website layout and I think I'm finally done implementing most of the things. The site is still under construction but most of it is done. Hosting services have been moved to another server and I want to thank +Jack McNeil and +Mantas Žilius for helping me with the transfer and +Mantas Žilius again for the new server. Leave your comments about the new website here and let me know if there's anything to be improved. (Features and Setup sections are not done yet)

Source: https://plus.google.com/107766449895730667621/posts/gvJU9uGhzHn

Reactions: kurplop

ace2153

Jan 5, 2012
aqazujus.jpg
Hey Guy's I'm new to this ROM is it safe to play ANTUTU pro to over clock? My benchmark is around 8399 if i over clock it what's a safe range?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

e9a4ajug.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Woody

Retired Admin - Vacationing in Nanda Parbat
Nov 18, 2010
Immersed in Dark Matter
You can use whatever kernel tweaker app that works to overclock or undervolt. Only suggestion I can give to you is to not Set On Boot until you know for sure that your frequecies won't lock up the phone. Setting OC too high and you get lock up. Set it too low and you get SOD.

If you are using the stock kernel that comes with it, great. If you want to use another AOSP kernel, the choices are out there. Some have higher max/ lower min frequecies than others, so read the OPs before you flash them. If you have a problem with the kernel after you flash it, ask in the kernel thread and not here as once you flashed that kernel, you've altered the original package and support will be null (at least in this thread).

Reactions: ace2153

kilometers4

Mar 6, 2012
Message from Bajee:

New nightly on its way, including Settings random FC. I also made it possible for users to remove Profiles from the Power Menu. It would also be helpful if you guys enabled RootBox stats (Settings> About Phone> RootBox Statistics.) This will allow me to approximately know how many people are using RootBox and what device they own. No personal information is transmitted.. only your Phone Model, ROM Version and Country informations are sent.

Source: https://plus.google.com/107766449895730667621/posts/Nuncgpiuprx

Reactions: DylanTheVillian

yeeahnick

Aug 3, 2011
Im encountering a bug with GPS, perhaps only with d2tmo

Looks like when ever i open an app that uses geolocalisation (access to my location/Google's location service) and that GPS is ON at the same time the phone will reboot. For example, if i upload a picture on facebook with GPS ON phone reboots, if i take a picture and have "save location" enabled and GPS is ON phone reboots, if i open Copilot or Google maps with GPS ON phone reboots. When GPS OFF none of these apps make my phone reboot.

Has been like this since 06-07, thats when i noticed it (same issues with 06-09), clean installed twice and stock kernel.

Any ideas?

Purple Ferret

May 17, 2013
I just flashed this rom to try out, its way way awesome.

Is there any way to get rid of that navigation bar at the bottom, I hardly use stuff like this.

I also assume the camera is based on the latest cyanogenmod 10.1 with HDR, correct?

seksmeup

Feb 15, 2012
Last edited:

neim81094

Nov 8, 2012
Brooklyn
Ok maybe it's not supported but it doesn't hurt to ask, is it possible to have a different notification sound for different apps? I just want to change the email notification to a different sound.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

radioraheem

Oct 8, 2010
Im encountering a bug with GPS, perhaps only with d2tmo

Looks like when ever i open an app that uses geolocalisation (access to my location/Google's location service) and that GPS is ON at the same time the phone will reboot. For example, if i upload a picture on facebook with GPS ON phone reboots, if i take a picture and have "save location" enabled and GPS is ON phone reboots, if i open Copilot or Google maps with GPS ON phone reboots. When GPS OFF none of these apps make my phone reboot.

Has been like this since 06-07, thats when i noticed it (same issues with 06-09), clean installed twice and stock kernel.

Any ideas?

Sorry I can't offer any advice, but at the very least I can confirm that on the 06-11 nightly I do not have this problem (also d2tmo), and have not had it before now at all. Was previously on 3.9.1.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

RootBoxLogo_2.png

picture.php
    picture.php
    picture.php
    picture.php

Description

Vanilla RootBox is built straight from RootBox sources and always carries a very light installation with no extra/useless apps. This means, you can enjoy a pure Android experience combined with AOKP/CM/PA features. Every RootBox releases are stable and always up to the challenge for a daily usage. If you're wondering how this ROM differs from any other AOKP roms out there, I only have one thing to say: Try it yourself and choose the one that meets your requirements.

Features

Built from RootBox Sources

For a complete list of all Features in RootBox, visit the following link:
    Complete Feature List

AOKP Features

Hybrid Settings

Per App DPI
    Per App Colors (Statusbar, Icons, NavBar)
    Per App UI (Phone, Tablet, Phablet)
    Per App Expanded Mode (FullScreen)
    NavBar Height

General Settings

Home button call answer (Accessibility Option)
    Variable Lockscreen Pattern size (CM)
    Quiet Hours (CM)
    Power Sounds (CM)
    Camera Shutter sound
    Permissions (AOKP)
    Profiles (CM)
    Update Center – OTA Updates through GOO Manager

Camera

Save pictures to external memory
    Timer Shutter
    Voice Shutter
    Power Shutter
    Picture Size
    Focus Mode
    Color Effects
    Exposure
    White Balance
    ISO Settings
    Scenery Settings
    Smart Shutter
    Store Location (GPS)
    Burst Shots

Clock

Clock: Increasing Alarm
    Clock: Flip/Shake – Snooze or Dismiss
    Clock: Disable Alarm Icon on Statusbar

MMS

Easy selector
    Privacy Mode
    Quick Message
    Wake and Unlock
    Strip Unicode
    Emoji support
    Direct Call
    Message font size
    Text area size

Phone

Blacklist
    Noise supressiony, Off)
    Flip Actions
    Phone: Advance Phone Settings (Vibrate on Answer, Every 45 Seconds, On Hangup and On Call Waiting)
    Rejected calls as missed
    Voicemail can be cleared in notification

RootBox Settings

General UI

Pie (Paranoid Android)
    Low Battery Warning (Pop-up & Sound, Pop-up only, Sound only, Off)
    Expanded Desktop

Keyboard

Disable Fullscreen Keyboard (Landscape mode)
    Auto keyboard rotation
    Option to control cursor in text fields using volume keys

Lockscreen

Lockscreen See Through
    Lockscreen Background
    Screen Security Features (Unlock options: Quick Unlock, Delay Screen Lock, Menu Unlock, Home Unlock)

Statusbar and Notification Drawer

Breathing SMS
    Breathing Missed Call
    Display Connected WiFi Network beside Carrier Label
    Notification Drawer Shortcuts
    Notifications Behaviour (Always Expand, Never Expand, Normal, Old Style)
    Notification icon opacity
    Power Widget (CM)

Clock

cLock (Chronus)

Sound

Option to disable sound when adjusting volume
    Launch Music app on Headset connection
    Swap Volume Buttons on Rotation

Hardware Keys

Hardware Keys Remapping
    Lockscreen Hardware Keys Remapping

Recommended Installation Steps

Coming from another Custom ROM:

1. Wipe Data/Factory Reset (This does not affect your Internal/External storage)

2. Flash RootBox zip

3. Flash JB GAPPS

4. Wipe Dalvik Cache

5. Reboot

Coming from Stock Samsung ROM:

1. Root Phone - Get CWM/TWRP Recovery

2. Wipe Data/Factory Reset (This does not affect your Internal/External storage)

3. Flash RootBox zip

4. Flash JB GAPPS

5. Wipe Dalvik Cache

6. Reboot

How to upgrade RootBox versions:

1. Download RootBox update

2. Flash RootBox update

3. Wipe Cache (Optional)

4. Wipe Dalvik Cache (Optional)

5. Reboot

RootBox Sources

www.github.com/Root-Box

Kernel Sources

CyanogenMod Samsung D2

Downloads

Official Downloads

Mirror 1

Mirror 2

Google Apps

Quick Tip: To avoid bad flashes and unexpected surprises, make sure you check the md5sum of the downloaded zip file against the one displayed on Goo.

All Private Messages sent to me for support will be ignored. I do not have the time to go through all the PMs I receive on a daily basis.

Non-development | Discussion | Support

This is a development thread only. For Discussion, Support and Non-development posts: Use the Support Thread! You have been warned.

RootBox Support Thread

Changelog

**Due to thread size limit restrictions, only the latest version's changelog will be displayed.
    If you wish to have changelogs from previous versions, you can find them at the following link:

RootBox Changelogs

RootBox Nightlies Changelogs

Changelogs are now integrated with the ROM itself:

- At the root of ROM zip file (changelog.txt)
    - Goo Manager app (View Changelog section of the zip file)
    - Goo.im website (Drag mouse over the zip file and click "view file changelog")

Bugs

*AOKP/CM BUGS

Donations

If you want to donate, feel free to do so but I'm not a big fan of donations. I put this up because I've been getting too many PM asking for my paypal account.

Credits/Thanks To:
    * AOKP
    * Teamhacksung
    * The CyanogenMod Project
    * Paranoid Android
    * DaXmax
    * Rodries
    * Pier
    * BigDenn - Logo, bootanimation and wallpapers

ScreenShots/Videos

picture.php
    picture.php
    picture.php
    picture.php

picture.php
    Some New things to expect in the next nightly:

• New WiFi and Signal icons: Credits to ParanoidAndroid. They look much better than the stock ones.
    • StatusBar Toggles Holo Light : All toggles are now Holo when option is enabled.
    • New Toggle: RootBox Toggle - Access RootBox Settings (Thanks to Kroz for the icons)
    • Screen Delay timeout stuck @5 Seconds fixed
    • Option to disable fullscreen keyboard in landscape mode
    • One touch profile selection (When you choose profile from Power Menu, you don't need to confirm by pressing OK)
    • Long press Profile Toggle: Profiles Settings (Profile Toggle is still a work in progress)
    • Long Press Quiet Hours Toggle: Quiet Hours Settings (Toggle works but does not refresh status and icon, I will work on this)
    • Pattern Lock FC fixed
    • AOKP Record Toggle: Record Voice through toggle (Record, Stop, Play)
    • Lockscreen Memory Leak fixed
    • Pie Updates
    • Lockscreen targets: Custom app icons are smaller and rounded corners of gallery icons
    • Quiet Hours: Fixed notification sounds playing when Quiet Hours enabled.
    • Profiles: Lockscreen options (Insecure, Disabled, Default) fixed
    • Lockscreen NavBar: Little circle overlapping NavBar Buttons when PowerMenu or StatusBar dropped down on lockscreen.
    • Camera: HDR rendering for every devices (Nexus 4 already has it)

Screenshot_2013-02-21-18-13-57.png
    New nightly up - Android 4.2.2
    Members here is the situation as it will be...any more stupidity you will be infracted! And by stupidity I will define it>>> Off Topic non Development type posts/any thing that is derogatory towards the OP or any Member to include stirring up Drama. And this is not a warning any more, this is the FINAL WORD.

I will ask that you just follow the Forum Rules and as always Thank You.

BTW, thread cleaned, to included a few days back worth of stupidity.
    * New Sleep Tile - Turn off screen

* New Icons for Quiet Hours - Credits : +Oliver Geith

* Pie: Option to maintain PIE position, disregarding orientation changes.

Screenshot_2013-02-25-00-48-24.png