Flash Old ROM

Search This thread

kaka4444

Apr 12, 2014
Hello all . so i have a s2 i9100 android version 4.1.2 .iwant to flash an old verion of ice cream sandwith 4.0...
the problem is that i tried this before but when i did, the phone will stay at the samsung logo like it is loading but nothing happen
can you help me please
Thank you

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Personally, I would stay away from Android 4.0x, if you flash, root your phone & do a factory reset, the brickbug comes into play (4.0.4). There has also been one or two people who didn't even root their phones (allegedly) who bricked them doing a factory reset on 4.0.4.

If you must flash 4.0x, use 4.0.2/4.0.3 (I still wouldn't even do that). If you have problems with the flash, for example, bootloop - boot into recovery & do a factory reset. If that doesn't fix it, find Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' thread stickied in General, download the 3 part firmware linked in the thread, and flash that with Odin (this will wipe your phone).

If you still can't get a successful flash, it might be something else fairly simple as is often the case with these, try everything in Hopper's thread. I'd be surprised if you can get a successful flash with the info in his thread, it's 'the Bible' for these things.

Reactions: kaka4444

Gokulbalram

Apr 22, 2013
Pune
I'm sorry, but did you flash it via Recovery or via Odin? If you did it via Recovery, you'll have to flash back to the official Samsung firmware (The ICS one obviously).

Reactions: kaka4444

kaka4444

Apr 12, 2014
thank you . i flash it using Odin .i want a old version because of the GPS .
my gps can't find a good signal i tried every fix possible but nothing works .:silly:
i get a smaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall signal and i don't know how to fix this GPS.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Personally, I would stay away from Android 4.0x, if you flash, root your phone & do a factory reset, the brickbug comes into play (4.0.4). There has also been one or two people who didn't even root their phones (allegedly) who bricked them doing a factory reset on 4.0.4.

If you must flash 4.0x, use 4.0.2/4.0.3 (I still wouldn't even do that). If you have problems with the flash, for example, bootloop - boot into recovery & do a factory reset. If that doesn't fix it, find Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' thread stickied in General, download the 3 part firmware linked in the thread, and flash that with Odin (this will wipe your phone).

If you still can't get a successful flash, it might be something else fairly simple as is often the case with these, try everything in Hopper's thread. I'd be surprised if you can get a successful flash with the info in his thread, it's 'the Bible' for these things.
    I'm sorry, but did you flash it via Recovery or via Odin? If you did it via Recovery, you'll have to flash back to the official Samsung firmware (The ICS one obviously).
    thank you . i flash it using Odin .i want a old version because of the GPS .
    my gps can't find a good signal i tried every fix possible but nothing works .:silly:
    i get a smaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall signal and i don't know how to fix this GPS.

Try going to Settings>Loctaion>Mode and set it to High Accuracy