[DISCUSSION] Cyanogenmod 9 (Android 4.0.3) for Optimus One

Search This thread

robertiagar

May 4, 2011
Arad
Try sd card to other phone. If it works, do this:
Save sd card content to PC, format sd card, go to recovery, wipe data or partition sd card to your needs, reflash ROM and GAPPS. If still unmounts could be a bad sd card.

it only does this with this rom, and it does it everytime i reflash this rom with clean wipe and stuff like that...

any other cm7 or Gingerbread based roms work...

gmg9

Jul 3, 2011
He is waiting for his new p500, so are we.

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA

its almost or more than 1 month past, i guess frm da date it was shipped by a user to lupo. why its talking too long to courier da package....
anyways, hope lupo and devs will get bck to development asap.
gits updating ??
lg O1p500 - mik cm7.1rc1 6.5.7b + fserve 20a.cfs + s2e

Reactions: lupohirp_jr

devilzeye793

Jan 18, 2011
Lahore
RESOLVED: see end for resolution.

Thanks for creating this great ROM. Sincerely appreciated.

I flashed the ROM without difficulty and everything seems to be working fine except that when I try to run Titanium Backup 4.8.4.1 (free), it seems to hang with the "Building exact app size information..." pop-up and the circle activity indicator constantly in motion. I tried forcing the application to close and cleared the data - but it keeps doing the same thing. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling....

I'm not sure what additional information would be helpful for you to help me out. I'm using kernel 2.6.35.10-cyanogenmod pasquale@pasquale-K53SV #1 and CyanogenMod version 9.0.0-RC0-p500-KANG Build Date 19 Mar 2012.21.33.43.CET Build number IML74K.

I don't think it necessarily has anything to do with this ROM - but it was working fine when I was using CyanogenMod 7.1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - even if it means pointing me to a different part of this wonderful forum.

Dave

Resolution: I deleted the TitaniumBackup folder off my SD card (after copying it to my computer!). Before copying my backup files back to my SD card, I ran Titanium Backup. I had to go into Preferences, Backup Settings, Backup folder location, and then re-create the TitaniumBackup folder to make it work. I then copied the files off my PC back onto the SD card.

Thx man I was having the same issue with my Titanium Backup .....and it totally helped ! THX!! =D

NGD1

Apr 9, 2012
Deland
www.facebook.com
Patch

Kang 4.0.4 Optimus One Cm9

Camera Does not function
Loads application, but when i try to take a picture it force closes itself
is there a fix / Patch i can use to correct this?

Data - Untested(hopefully it works.)

DieGo316

Jan 18, 2012
Camera been working for a while dude, flash latest nightly or blupill

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda app-developers app

aculeo

Jan 16, 2011
tESTING cYANOFENMOD 9 4.0.3

Hello everybody...i found the right section at last ;)

hope this short review could be useful to fix bugs and to have a comparison with other users
On my super Lg O1, better than an iphone;) i've noticed that:
The camera is ok, but i can t take video...mmh
by the way it takes great phtos :)

when i plug it to the current, with the TURNED OFF device, it switch on itself alone oO...is it the same for you all?

the worst thing :( is that google voice doesn t work sigh :°( do you have the same problem?

lipe082

Dec 25, 2010
porto
Hello everybody...i found the right section at last ;)

hope this short review could be useful to fix bugs and to have a comparison with other users
On my super Lg O1, better than an iphone;) i've noticed that:
The camera is ok, but i can t take video...mmh
by the way it takes great phtos :)

when i plug it to the current, with the TURNED OFF device, it switch on itself alone oO...is it the same for you all?

the worst thing :( is that google voice doesn t work sigh :°( do you have the same problem?

Update your rom to tinystream and you will record videos then uninstal google voice and instal it from market if you turn phone off with this rom and plug your charger phone will turn on if you just turn off it stays off.

aculeo

Jan 16, 2011
thanks

thank you very much eduardo!

i m going to look for this rom
don t you have already some tested link?

thx :D

Update your rom to tinystream and you will record videos then uninstal google voice and instal it from market if you turn phone off with this rom and plug your charger phone will turn on if you just turn off it stays off.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since the development section is becoming all too over saturated with general discussion. This thread is meant to help users of ICS 4.0.3 by Lupohirp. While this is a beta, I think that it's stable enough for anyone looking for the ICS experience to use daily.

NOTE: UNRESOLVED APN ISSUES WITH T-MOBILE (NO DATA, WIFI ONLY)

BETA 3 CHANGELOG:
    (Released 14/2/2012)

FULL OPENGL RENDERING
    3D
    MIC FIXED
    ENABLED GENLOCK SUPPORT IN KERNEL (A Precursor for developers to fix Camera, NOTE: CAMERA IS NOT YET FUNCTIONAL)
    CPU SET ON BOOT FIXED

Install:
    http://ics4p500.blogspot.com/
    Wipe data/ factory reset
    Wipe Cache
    Advanced>Wipe Dalvik
    Reboot System

Reboot into Recovery
    Flash this version of GAPPS (FULLY Tested and working specifically on this ROM)

Reboot and enjoy Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3 on your Optimus one.

EDIT: FOR BETA2 USERS ONLY
    Flash this Microphone/ Audio fix (thanks to cyrix.vs)
    Mirror
    (To enable voice through apps such as Skype, Google Voice, guitar tuner/ anything that isn't a standard phone call that requires use of your microphone)

OPTIONAL (Recommended) Kernel:
    Franco3 kernel (2.35 kernel with kgsl drivers backported from 3.0 or 3.1 kernel)

Current bugs:

Please remember this is still in the early beta stages. It is stable enough to be used as a daily ROM, but there may be small issues. Please report them and I will update this thread with known bugs.

Camera does not connect (_Arjen_ is currently in the process of re-writing camera driver.)

Stock browser has been known to glitch out ( Temporary Fix: Install Browser+ )

Stock ICS Live Wallpapers do not work
    (Live Wallpapers from market or elsewhere install and work perfectly fine though)

Audio problems with Speaker/Bluetooth Low Sound Volume ( Missing file libraries, Will probably be fixed in Beta3)

Mono Audio instead of Stereo
    (Will probably be fixed in Beta3)

Audio Player Bug
    (CM9 Music App plays through speaker occasionally after calls, PowerAMP auto-plays whenever a headset is plugged in) (PowerAMP is more manageable imo)

APN issues (Connecting to 3G/4G through T-Mobile & Vodafone)

Overclocking/ CPU Settings:
    Conservative
    480/ 748 (things get unstable at 768 and higher on my device)

Recommended Apps for ICS:

AirDroid (wirelessly manage & control your Android device from a web browser Over-The-Air. No more USB needed)

Keyboard:
    Swype Beta

Special thanks to
    Lupohirp
    _Arjen_
    cyrix.vs
    CyanogenMod

CYANOGENMOD 9 P500 DEVELOPMENT THREAD
    CM9 is still being developed.
    I know Adfad and hepheppy do, just check github.
    Lupohirp will be working on it too, like he said.
    And I am also still working on it :D

By the way, not all members on our team know how to work on this.
    We all have our own tasks and help eachother when we are stuck ;)

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium
    Screenshots:

Full Gallery of over 25 pictures (Basically a walk through of ICS)

Note: The Live Wallpaper is Mystic Halo LW (Free)

cT7XM.png
    qkW7E.png

Q2pxq.png
    yWiYM.png

YCNie.png
    IaQMa.png

SnMIF.png
    kAdUI.png

wTKiR.png
    HoBXL.png

R03Qr.png
    9mb1D.png

uKHY5.png
    ix3qq.png

Ph40w.png
    zo4RI.png

THCzg.png
    2QX9r.png

dqJKR.png
    8actL.png

CCPex.png
    PlD1Q.png

(Note: to get 8 bit ICS logo tap repeatedly on Android 4.0.3 in About Phone)

AHRXX.png
    JLie2.png
    A few suggestions to forum users who flash roms and software

I am a 65 year old guy who bought O1 for a lark and found a lot of fun in rooting and using custom roms. Based on my personal experience and on what I read daily I request my fellow members, especially those who are relatively new to follow a few simple rules:

1. Read thoroughly before rushing to flash. Just because it is easy does not mean it cannot damage your phone or give you poor performance.
    2. If flashing a ROM, in my view even an upgrade of the same ROM, wipe everything except SD Card and start a fresh install. Unless the Dev has specifically instructed that you do not need to do a data wipe. Keep backup with TB (Titanium Backup). This will avoid so many problems being aired daily (incl on the DEV FORUM). For example some have reported that in the CM9 (latest) wifi is not working or this and that is misbehaving. These are working perfectly for others if you follow good practices.
    3. Secondly, try all your new ROMs at standard max frequency of 600 Mhz. Once you are sure everything works then increase the speed in stages.
    4. If it is working for others as per the forum then repeat the process of flashing with data/full wipe etc at least once before jumping to the forum to report an error.
    5. The forum has lots of information and many have been through the problems you may be facing - use others experience by searching. Most things have already been answered. Do a google search as well and other forums will have information that might be useful.

Remember that every mail of a problem that is not real wastes your time to document it and that of hundreds of readers who go through your post.

Spend a half an hour of your own and you will be happy to have solved it yourself.
    Even so, I would still remove the optional folder in the latest gapps (gapps-ics-20120224) as it takes up quite a lot of space. The size of the file went from around 50 mb down to around 26 mb (and after I flashed the smaller gapps, I only had around 8 mb free).

The optional folder is only installed on selected devices. The gapps script checks our phones for necessary files. Since we dont have them the optional folder is skipped during the installation.

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium