Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

darkpheonix69

Jun 21, 2012
Lyon
phoenix-otaku.eu
Hi,

Just got my iconia tab a510 tuesday evening and very happy about it for now
It's my first tablet though so i can't really compare to others but it does everything i need (well still wainting to get dual boot)
The only sligh problem i had is while watching HD videos it freezes like a quarter of a second. While watching it isn't a disturbance really but it does happen.

I also have a question with usb host. My external HDD thati use where my movies and others multimedia files are sotred is a external powered exfat drive. I saw on the manual the tablet reads FAT, FAT32 and NTFS so i tried with my HDD but couldn't find it anywhere with ghost comander or astro. Is there something to do about it or is exfat just not supported ?
It would be a shame since all my external drives are exfat partitions.

Thanks a lot

FloatingFatMan

Apr 20, 2005
^ Did you look in the mnt folder? That's where the devices should appear.

If it's not there, try the USBMount app on the store, though it can have issues in ICS.

Does your external HD have power? Do you hear it spin up when connecting? Did you connect it when the tablet was already on, or did you power up with it connected? Do USB sticks work?

darkpheonix69

Jun 21, 2012
Lyon
phoenix-otaku.eu
Yeah looked in mnt nothing appeared when truning the HDD on and plugging it in when the tablet was on also tried turning it on then the tablet.
Also the HDD works there is no doubt about that.

I saw usb mount need root but i haven't rooted my tablet.
Also haven't tried usb sticks but i will later when back from work.

android2013

Jun 22, 2012
hi guys, can enyone tell me these :
is the arabic language (العربية) supported in the a510 ?
(in the settings)

mossief1965

Mar 3, 2010
It doesn't seem to be, at least not on mine which has European firmware

Sent from my A510 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had this problem as well. When I put the a510 in a case the entire bottom half of the screen became unresponsive. In a stand, same thing. As soon as I picked up the tablet it was back to normal.

There IS a simple fix.

You have all probably tried changing the screen sensitivity in settings - this DOES work - problem is it doesn't work for the reason you think. The problem Is not screen sensitivity. I think it is that the touch sensor isn't initializing when the tablet is booted up.

When you change the settings in screen sensitivity it forces the touch panel to initialize - ie start up correctly, which it isn't doing on a reboot. The actual setting I don't think really matters.

Try this - reboot your tablet and then lay it flat on the table - or put it on a stand or in a case - you'll notice that the lower half of the screen becomes insensitive just like in the video.

Now, pick up the tablet, go into settings, and change the screen sensitivity from whatever it is to another setting ie medium to high or high to medium. Exit the menu, then go back in and change it again to whatever setting you prefer.

You have forced the touch sensor to initialize. Now put your tablet on the table or in a stand or case and you'll notice that the screen works normally. The bottom menus work fine.

BUT you must repeat this after every - reboot or the problem will return, because on reboot the touch sensor will again not start properly. Basically, it looks like you have to manually start up the touch sensor on this tablet - can't imagine how a problem this severe got overlooked.

On the good side, my tablet has been working fine in between reboots if I just follow these steps.

Oh, incidently, the fact that this fix works every single time for me, indicates that this likely is not a hardware problem. If the screen can be made to work correctly, then it CAN work - if Acer gets around to releasing a software fix for it.
    wifi was working well, but did not have time to bench it
    GPS no time for that now too,
    will keep you updated

FYI, an hard reset gave me a better stability ..:confused:
    Just found this in another thread... good to know:

Just so everyone knows, this root kit also works on the new Iconia A510.
    I just got my Acer Iconia A510 from Amazon this morning and decided to install the USB drivers and tried this rooting kit and low and behold I got full root access. :D:D:D:p:p:p

Thanks ZeroNull!!!!

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25036001&postcount=93
    yep, but no internet access currently
    for now, antutu gave me same scoring, but once was higher (around 10k)

i found that connecting my tab to the pc, then disconnecting it without unmount, gives me a really unstable tab..

anyway, the global feeling is that this tab will go back to acer, it's not stable at all,
    i miss my A501..
    i thought i could have a really powerful tab, instead of that i've got a buggy tab..