[ROM][9/29] - Stock Root Odex or De-Odex - VRALHD! (LEAK!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jlangleyrn

Jul 24, 2010
In the original leak (NOT SCOTT'S) the new Verizon "spyware" is implemented in the F/W. When comparing binary data side-by-side for the whole ROM with VRALG7, the spyware apk was one of the only major differences that stood out to me. It's REALLY easy to remove though and the name stands out kind of retardedly.

This ROM that Scotty built though is way smoother than the previous one (my opinion).

It really helped out the 3G connections in certain rural areas too.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I forgot about that. I went thru and removed all that, as well ad the fota and multiple others that I considered spy/Verizon related. I can't remember exactly how many were what I considered spywear, but I believe it was 6-8 different apks.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

countryfolk07

I forgot about that. I went thru and removed all that, as well ad the fota and multiple others that I considered spy/Verizon related. I can't remember exactly how many were what I considered spywear, but I believe it was 6-8 different apks.

Would you care to share what those files are please? Thanks in advance. :confused:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

gorgarath

Mar 11, 2008
Pennsylvania
I know you're busy with other things, but any chance of getting an Ultra-Light Edition of this ROM similar to how you did with G7? I'm going to try stripping as much as I can out of this, but pretty sure you can make it a lot leaner than I can.

As always, feel free to disregard this request if it doesn't align with what you want to be doing since your time is more valuable doing what you want than doing anything for me. Just thought you might already have a version already stripped down in preparation for the next version of CleanrOM once kernel source is released.

jhssal

Jul 19, 2012
I know you're busy with other things, but any chance of getting an Ultra-Light Edition of this ROM similar to how you did with G7? I'm going to try stripping as much as I can out of this, but pretty sure you can make it a lot leaner than I can.

As always, feel free to disregard this request if it doesn't align with what you want to be doing since your time is more valuable doing what you want than doing anything for me. Just thought you might already have a version already stripped down in preparation for the next version of CleanrOM once kernel source is released.

Here's one on rootzwifi...
http://rootzwiki.com/topic/34815-romvralhdics-strippeddeodexedrooted/

jhssal

Jul 19, 2012
It's working great so far. I removed most of craps and functions I don't want, and added many mods (G7 works fine...). native tether is working, got toggle options, reboot options, headphone shortcut, Google Now, Wallet, and using tweakwiz, beans phone, contact, camera, mms, and gallery... all works good. NFL works fine. No FCs at all for a day...

I'm still on stock HD kernel and HD modem but works alright. Quadrant score hit almost 5000. I think custom kernel may not work well with this rom yet.

Hope some Devs make a rom based on this...

Last edited:

jcool13

Feb 19, 2007
Albrightsville PA
It's working great so far. I removed most of craps and functions I don't want, and added many mods (G7 works fine...). native tether is working, got toggle options, reboot options, headphone shortcut, Google Now, Wallet, and using tweakwiz, beans phone, contact, camera, mms, and gallery... all works good. NFL works fine. No FCs at all for a day...

I'm still on stock HD kernel and HD modem but works alright. Quadrant score hit almost 5000. I think custom kernel may not work well with this rom yet.

Hope some Devs make a rom based on this...

Curious, Beans phone, camera & gallery, etc. Are they mods or were you just mentioning them all as working?

FAUguy

Mar 1, 2011
South FL
Just to be clear.

I'm running the full I535VRALHD ROM flashed via ODIN from here:
http://goo.im/devs/invisiblek/i535/...35VZWALHD_1092717_REV09_user_low_ship.tar.md5

I then installed the new KT747 Kernel (10/3)
http://www.mediafire.com/?dc7rd4ljr2ikqaf
Use the included KTweaker app to overclock the max frequency to 1890 MHz, and using the On Demand governor, and the stock OC Voltage.

Tonight I installed the "Free Tether and Cell Standby Fix"

http://www.scottsroms.com/downloads/S3/G7_Mods/Tether and Standby Fix - G7.zip

But it is based off the G7 ROM, so not sure how it will interact with the full HD ROM and the KT747 Kernel.

So I've been using the HD ROM with the Free Tether and Cell Standby Fix listed above. Even though it lowered the Cell Standby usage shown in the battery screen, my battery life went down quite a bit. I went from 30-36 hours to under 20 hours. I ended up having to use CWM to get me back to stock HD ROM (without the Free Tether and Cell Standby Fix).

jlangleyrn

Jul 24, 2010
So I've been using the HD ROM with the Free Tether and Cell Standby Fix listed above. Even though it lowered the Cell Standby usage shown in the battery screen, my battery life went down quite a bit. I went from 30-36 hours to under 20 hours. I ended up having to use CWM to get me back to stock HD ROM (without the Free Tether and Cell Standby Fix).

I was going to post on this a few days back, when I saw you posting that you were going to try the cell standby "fix". I had tried this prior to your trial and had the exact same problems. I noticed a great deal of overall battery loss and eventually restored my nandroid to get away from it. I'm not sure what the issue stems from in the "fix", but it definetly has a very negative outcome on the battery life for this ROM. I had not tried it on any other ROM so I don't know how well it works with them. Regrettably for you, I'm glad I'm not the only one who had this happen to them.

FAUguy

Mar 1, 2011
South FL
I was going to post on this a few days back, when I saw you posting that you were going to try the cell standby "fix". I had tried this prior to your trial and had the exact same problems. I noticed a great deal of overall battery loss and eventually restored my nandroid to get away from it. I'm not sure what the issue stems from in the "fix", but it definetly has a very negative outcome on the battery life for this ROM. I had not tried it on any other ROM so I don't know how well it works with them. Regrettably for you, I'm glad I'm not the only one who had this happen to them.

At least it's nice to hear that I wasn't the only one having an issue with the so-called "cell standby fix".
Since I used CWM to revert back to my backup, I've been getting the good battery life again with the HD ROM, even though the Cell Standby is above 40%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the new VRALHD Leak from Verizon!

Two falvors, Odex or De-odex!

• Stock Rooted
    • busybox
    • init.d support
    • unsecured boot.img
    • No other mods!
    • Must have unlocked bootloader!

VRALHD.png

Download HERE

Thanks goes to invisiblek for the tar file!

Please hit Thanks!
    Sharing Policy

• The spirit of Open Source is to share your knowledge and files with the rest of the world so they can improve on what you do when possible. This is also my philosophy and I would never compromise that!
    • You are free to use this ROM or any part of this ROM any way you like as long as you give a link back to this thread or my website, www.scottsroms.com
    • Do not use my work if you cannot give proper credits!
    • Consider this your permission! Please do not PM me asking if its OK to build off this ROM. Permission granted!
    • However this does not include my CleanROM series of ROMS. Please do not use those without contacting me first!
    • This ROM is not a CleanROM. Its a stock rooted and all yours!

Please "Thank" this post :p
    Thread cleaned
    If you don't like someone's post, ignore it
    Flaming and disrespect will not be tolerated
    Childish bickering will be met with infractions for both parties
    This is not the school yard
    Thank you for your cooperation
    Friendly Neighborhood Moderator
    The G7 DE-ODEX Mods work fine... The ODEX Mods will have to be re-odexed properly of course!

You can find them here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1899452
    I personally like the CR2.5 Odex better -
    The HD Odex version seems no better, if anything slower than 2.5

You have to remember this is ONLY a stock ROM with the Root app added. There are not optimizations to this ROM.