[GUIDE] How to fix "Inconsistent System UID" error

Search This thread

silentvisitor

Mar 15, 2012
Hello everyone,
XDA family consisting of brilliant developers, moderators and users is a wonderful community. Devs and users keep on creating great stuff and share with community. Custom ROMs is one of the most favorite thing here ;) and we all keep flashing every latest and greatest ROMs for our devices. Sometimes we face errors in this process like "UIDs on your system are inconsistent, you need to wipe your data partition or your device will be unstable"
nzojea.jpg

Generally it comes after flashing new ROMs. Wiping data partition is not always desirable.
There's a simple way to solve this error. Read on.....

WARNING :
DO NOT USE
this method if you use Link2SD. It will destroy all your links.
Thanks to @qwertyass and @adamdavid72 to bringing it to my knowledge :good:

1. Install ROM Toolbox lite

2. Give it Root permission

3. Go into App Manager tab
1z1ei3b.png

4. Hit Menu and select "Multi-select"

5. Now select "Select All"
2mws9px.png

6. Click Menu and hit "Fix Permissions"
2i8x3tf.png

7. Exit the app once it has fixed all the Permissions

8. Reboot your device.

Error should have gone.
Enjoy :good:

Last edited:

hummy15

Jan 18, 2008
Brecon Beacons
Hello everyone,
XDA family consisting of brilliant developers, moderators and users is a wonderful community. Devs and users keep on creating great stuff and share with community. Custom ROMs is one of the most favorite thing here ;) and we all keep flashing every latest and greatest ROMs for our devices. Sometimes we face errors in this process like "UIDs on your system are inconsistent, you need to wipe your data partition or your device will be unstable"
nzojea.jpg

Generally it comes after flashing new ROMs. Wiping data partition is not always desirable.

1z1ei3b.png

2mws9px.png

2i8x3tf.png

8. Reboot your device.

Error should have gone.

Many thanks. Did not wok for me

ibblaw77

Oct 20, 2013
Ussd language error

Hi guys, when I flashed DN3 rom, I noticed when I send a USSD request, it comes up in chineese instead of English. Please any fix for this?

I use note 2 n7105
Currently running DN3 ROM.

Reactions: Berong

MrPontus

May 14, 2009
Stockholm
this didn't work with fix permission for me.

my mothers phone was really f*cked, tried restoring old backups, tried full wipe, of all kinds, "for new ROM" "factory reset" change recovery.
but allways and with new fresh ROM install after full wipe it would FC everything, the device was compleatly useless.

the only thing that worked for me was to format the data partition with TWRP

Perpatoura

Dec 2, 2013
Systen UID inconsistent appeared on my phone a few weeks after flashing a new rom, I did fix permissions with rom toolbox because my CWM version doesn't have fix permissions. Now what happened is that this fix permission crap messed up with all the apps that I had on ext3, remounted, cleaned dalvik cache etc. nothing worked... Apps are showing as not installed, I had to clean the ext3 and start all over again installing apps.. pfff..

jerry42570

Sep 29, 2009
Inconsistent results

Weird....for me it sometimes does the trick. Other times, I need to use the fix permissions option in ROM Manager. Sometimes, neither does the trick.

It seems like timing is a thing. I have the most success with this when flashing a new ROM and logging in with my Google account, I can interrupt all of the Play Store downloads that are trying to restore, and all of the app updates that it is trying to do. From here I usually download Rom Toolbox and Rom Manager and try to fix permissions immediately.

But again, even these steps do not always work for me. Frustrating too, because now it is not working for me on a ROM that I really want to give a try. And with this error, I can not get Hangouts to work (constant FC.)

silentvisitor

Mar 15, 2012
Hi,
I'm sorry if it is not working for you.
Maybe I'm a bit lucky that it worked for me all the times.

Tip: If your Recovery supports Fix Permissions try that first.

If you want me specifically to respond, then please mention me, like this @silentvisitor

Thanks and Good luck !

2dayquestion

Sep 14, 2012
Systen UID inconsistent appeared on my phone a few weeks after flashing a new rom, I did fix permissions with rom toolbox because my CWM version doesn't have fix permissions. Now what happened is that this fix permission crap messed up with all the apps that I had on ext3, remounted, cleaned dalvik cache etc. nothing worked... Apps are showing as not installed, I had to clean the ext3 and start all over again installing apps.. pfff..

ugh, this is exactly what it did for me.... any solutions to this????

pulak.bhatnagar

Oct 20, 2011
New Delhi
www.pulakb.com
how about this, look for file /data/system/uiderrors.txt
you should be find apps that responsible for that error.
uninstall the app or manualy delete.
this on work for me.

Hey, thanks for this tip. This worked for me. I have an oppo find 7, was restoring apps using titanium backup to my device when the error started coming. I followed your suggestion, the log file (uiderrors.txt) showed instagram was the culprit. But the strange part was the instagram wasn't even installed! So I used SD Maid to find corpses on my sd and instagram showed up on corpses list. After that I just cleared the corpses and the device ran perfectly fine without any errors. Thank you so much! :)

camus11

Dec 3, 2010
Inconsistent UID with Stock Rom

Hi, I'm on stock Android 4.4.2 (GT-N7100), and I've never rooted this phone.
I'm getting the "Inconsistent System UID" error, I've done a hard reset 2 times but now, after a few days, I'm still getting the error.
The first time the phone became unusable with the message that appeared every time I touch the phone to do something; now I see the error only at reboot.
My phone is affected by SDS (sudden death syndrome), I've sent it to my carrier assistance the past year without results.
Are these two problems correlated?
How can I solve UID error?

Thank you
Fabrizio

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone,
    nzojea.jpg

WARNING :
    DO NOT USE
    this method if you use Link2SD. It will destroy all your links.
    Thanks to @qwertyass and @adamdavid72 to bringing it to my knowledge :good:

1z1ei3b.png

2mws9px.png

2i8x3tf.png

8. Reboot your device.

Error should have gone.
    ugh, this is exactly what it did for me.... any solutions to this????

this on work for me.
    Hello everyone,
    nzojea.jpg

1z1ei3b.png

2mws9px.png

2i8x3tf.png

8. Reboot your device.

Error should have gone.

Many thanks. Did not wok for me
    this on work for me.

Hey, thanks for this tip. This worked for me. I have an oppo find 7, was restoring apps using titanium backup to my device when the error started coming. I followed your suggestion, the log file (uiderrors.txt) showed instagram was the culprit. But the strange part was the instagram wasn't even installed! So I used SD Maid to find corpses on my sd and instagram showed up on corpses list. After that I just cleared the corpses and the device ran perfectly fine without any errors. Thank you so much! :)
    Try to fix permission with twrp recovery.
    Hope this will help.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app