[Q] No Lockscreen/Power Menu, Amongst Other Problems...

Search This thread

cmglol

Mar 27, 2012
Okay, so I've been pretty flash-happy the past few days, especially with the release to UCLD2 and stuff, but after the last few flashes I've noticed that I've lost my power menu and my lockscreen does not activate. I've already searched around and tried many methods of fixing it, but I may have been digging my hole deeper...
I've tried pasting keystr into /efs/imei, but no for some reason when I try creating a file in /efs/imei in Root Explorer it doesn't even show up...
I also tried using the terminal method, but whenever I type the line "echo -n ON > /efs/imei/keystr" it returns an Input/Output Error.
I'm really confused on what to do, files seem to be not appearing where they should be and I'm kinda worried, I like this phone so much! If anybody can help me out, I'd be greatly appreciated, and I can provide any files/info that is needed.

icenight89

Dec 18, 2010
I don't need to search, my phone works fine. lockscreen and power menu don't have anything to do with it

sorry x, I think ur wrong on this one. I had the issue and it was very frustrating. OP, I recommend the following. Odin back to stock and root 2.3.5. Then use the keystr method from within root explorer. Make sure it sticks then flash ics

xcrazydx

Feb 3, 2012
sorry x, I think ur wrong on this one. I had the issue and it was very frustrating. OP, I recommend the following. Odin back to stock and root 2.3.5. Then use the keystr method from within root explorer. Make sure it sticks then flash ics

That was from the note radio when that happened to you?

cmglol

Mar 27, 2012
I had flashed the note radio, since I was having trouble with UCLD2... That's probably what did it. I'm gonna give icenight's method a shot and see how it goes.

Kagenui

Mar 24, 2012
Im having the same problem and I can confirm that going back to stock doesn't solve the problem. What is this "keystr method"? Did the OP get it to work?

Dwolf16

Aug 8, 2010
Buffalo, NY
im having the same problem my thing is i cant get into odin to go back to stock to dl cwm, and then root explorer to do the keystr method

Top Liked Posts