Deleting Verizon bookmarks

Search This thread

riot1031

Jan 27, 2008
Finger Lakes
Has anyone found a working method to remove the Verizon bookmarks on the stock Rom? I used Bookmarks Manager on my Rezound, but it's not compatible with the DNA. Thanks!

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk 2

zone23

Feb 16, 2009
If someone wants to test this... it "should" remove the stock bookmarks. It MAY reset you Sense setup so you might need to restore it after. I can't test this because I delete those bookmarks from my ROM. That said PROCEED WITH CAUTION until someone test it. Who wants to be the Guinea pig? Should work fine.

EDIT:

Tested and it DID NOT reset Sense. Checked my bookmarks and I only had google dot com. That is the one I left behind. It looks like it worked like it should.

EDIT 2:

Since this did appear to work I removed it. You would probably need to add that in before flashing the ROM.

Last edited:
Reactions: riot1031

riot1031

Jan 27, 2008
Finger Lakes
I've tried editing the database that holds the bookmarks, that didn't work either. I've also tried a few bookmark managers, they haven't worked either. I can't believe that there's no way to get rid of these damn things! !

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk 2

JWhetstone02

Mar 6, 2011
South Carolina
They're Google, VZW Home Page, and Your Guide Mobile. I've also been unable to get rid of these bookmarks :/

well I don't use the stock browser so I'm not able to see exactly what you mean. I figured it would be as simple as hitting menu go to bookmarks then long press and choose delete.

Chrome is so much bester, faster and cleaner lol

riot1031

Jan 27, 2008
Finger Lakes
well I don't use the stock browser so I'm not able to see exactly what you mean. I figured it would be as simple as hitting menu go to bookmarks then long press and choose delete.

Chrome is so much bester, faster and cleaner lol

I disagree, I like the stock browser better. My Nexus 7 came with Chrome on it and the first thing I did was load the stock browser. The bookmarks are read-only and can't be deleted in the manner you specified.

riot1031

Jan 27, 2008
Finger Lakes
Thanks for the reply, but that isn't correct. I am both S-OFF and have a writable kernel (elkay 0.95) and the bookmarks still cannot be deleted. They are somehow protected from deletion. I'm ready to offer a bounty to anyone that can get rid of these things!!

Jaggar345

May 24, 2012
Amston
The only way I have found to get rid of them is by disabling the stock browser and grabbing a different browser from the store. I know this probably isn't what your looking for but this is the only method I have found to get rid of them.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If someone wants to test this... it "should" remove the stock bookmarks. It MAY reset you Sense setup so you might need to restore it after. I can't test this because I delete those bookmarks from my ROM. That said PROCEED WITH CAUTION until someone test it. Who wants to be the Guinea pig? Should work fine.

EDIT:

Tested and it DID NOT reset Sense. Checked my bookmarks and I only had google dot com. That is the one I left behind. It looks like it worked like it should.

EDIT 2:

Since this did appear to work I removed it. You would probably need to add that in before flashing the ROM.