Sd card issues - solved

Search This thread

dg83xx

Jun 13, 2014
Hi guys,

I recently bought an s4 and my 32gb sd card acts weird with it: can't rename files in any other file manager but only with the stock one, can't save camera recorded videos to the SD card only to device memory, when trying to save or to SD card the video disappears. I wonder if this is a sd card issue or a software glitch. I fully reformatted the card but the issue persists.
Anyone with the same experience maybe?

Thank you a lot

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
Hi guys,

I recently bought an s4 and my 32gb sd card acts weird with it: can't rename files in any other file manager but only with the stock one, can't save camera recorded videos to the SD card only to device memory, when trying to save or to SD card the video disappears. I wonder if this is a sd card issue or a software glitch. I fully reformatted the card but the issue persists.
Anyone with the same experience maybe?

Thank you a lot

you should really include more info.....we can';t guess what rom you are running or if you are rooted or stock or what your firmware is....

dg83xx

Jun 13, 2014
I have stock rom, nothing altered.

Thanks so much for your help

Attachments

• 1402657459066.jpg
    1402657459066.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 28

dg83xx

Jun 13, 2014
It's interesting, can anything be done about it? I'm not even sure what Kitkat exactly is but it seems like it's not an SD card error at all. As I said I can move staff from memory to SD card but can't seems to directly save pics or videos from an app to throw sd card. Thanks guys for helping me with this. Really appreciate it

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
It's interesting, can anything be done about it? I'm not even sure what Kitkat exactly is but it seems like it's not an SD card error at all. As I said I can move staff from memory to SD card but can't seems to directly save pics or videos from an app to throw sd card. Thanks guys for helping me with this. Really appreciate it

Google...

sent by bajarom v2.2 kitkat

dg83xx

Jun 13, 2014
Google...

sent by bajarom v2.2 kitkat

I think I have found the solution, the stock apps would let me do all the stuff I want, others I would download, do not. For example, the stock camera would let me save to the sd card the one I have from the playstore would not. I think I can live with that knowing that its a sofware issue.