[ODIN][VRALJB][VRAMC3][VRUEMJ9] Restore to Stock

Search This thread

imnuts

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2007
West Chester
www.imnuts.org
And, the alternate restore packages have been added. Neither of the new packages have been tested, so if anyone has an issue with either during the flash process, and they have verified that their download is good, please let me know and I'll investigate.

dogswind

Mar 25, 2010
South Carolina
So I just tried the VRAMC3 image and I'm stuck in a bootloop. I can't boot into recovery either. All I can boot now is download mode. I tried reflashing and it now fails just after Setup Connection, so I can't flash anything apparently. Erm.. Help? :crying:

Edit: I used a PIT file or whatever from another thread and that somehow allowed me to flash another image. Not sure why/how it even happened, but I'm going to be a lot more cautious from now on. I thought I was going to be stuck using my old LG Revolution.. -shudder

Last edited:

ztotherad

Aug 17, 2011
Illinois
OnePlus 9 Pro
Okay, so this is a random question that I've always wondered...

If one uses the alt odin restore that keeps the unlocked bootloader, then does that person need to use casual to technically "unlock" again or can they use odin/heimdall/mobile odin to flash a recovery image and be set from there?

fkfmfz

May 10, 2010
Brooklyn
Thank you sir.
Same pit file? And does mj9 has knox?
Nephilim.Note2.MJ9.Rom.v1.6-R3Ds

Last edited:

refuse2bstopped

Jul 27, 2008
HELP!!!

I tried this and it says Successful in the odin message at the end but all I get now is the "Samsung Galaxy" symbol flashing every 3 seconds over and over and it will do NOTHING else accept allow me to go back to odin/download mode. What did I do wrong?

biyobe

Apr 29, 2011
Denver
I tried this and it says Successful in the odin message at the end but all I get now is the "Samsung Galaxy" symbol flashing every 3 seconds over and over and it will do NOTHING else accept allow me to go back to odin/download mode. What did I do wrong?

I'm in the same place... looked to return to stock just fine and bootloops QUICKLY to the noteII screen... trying again with the PIT file from the early release 4.3

refuse2bstopped

Jul 27, 2008
Mine shows successfull as well....but sits as the samsung boot logo. Any ideas?

Well that's exactly how I "bricked" my device. I overlooked the pit file. So then I went to this page... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2043636 and for some reason I saw it there (seemed harder to over look there I guess for some reason) and this time I just flashed the pit file and bam, even though I got an error message at the end via odin (again), this time it not only went past the logo screen, but also rebooted completely. So apparently the stock rom flash did work the first time, and error message (for me at least) simply came from not having flashed a/the pit file during the flash process.

Bonkurei

Jun 22, 2012
so we still need to use PIT file for the VRUEMJ9 odin ? and the there is no new PIT file so using the old one from this thread still work right?

refuse2bstopped

Jul 27, 2008
so we still need to use PIT file for the VRUEMJ9 odin ? and the there is no new PIT file so using the old one from this thread still work right?

Not sure, I didn't use ODIN to flash the VRUEMJ9 rom, I rooted and then flashed that rom (from beans) via TWRP recovery. It has been advised to avoid using Odin to flash any roms EXCEPT for flashing back to stock. If you're trying to get back to "bone stock" status, then yes you would be using Odin, in which case yes you will need the PIT file, and yes the "old one" from that link is the one. Otherwise, use TWRP for flashing VRUEMJ9

Last edited:

SonOfUncleSam

Mar 23, 2011
Dayton
For anyone that is having issues with the boot loop, have you tried doing a factory reset/cache wipe after flashing the files over via ODIN? (There is a stock recovery in place, you can access it via Power + Volume Up + Home Button. Take care of it from there!)

Also, I have had issues installing CM 11 (and other Android 4.4 ROMs for that matter) because my phone will NOT connect to the data/cellular network. Could flashing the stock ODIN files fix that? (Has anyone else had luck with that?) I have tried about everything (Flashing TW ROMs before installing, I've tried other ODIN flashes, installing modems...) but none of it has worked. I've considered taking the phone into Verizon, however, I'm not entirely sure what I would tell them, and I don't have insurance on the phone, so smashing it to dust is not an option. Lol.

[Also for reference, the ODIN file I tried flashing before was VRAMC3, found here.]

Edit:
I'm going to try restoring the phone back to the original stock state (VRALJB), and I will report the results.

This worked! CM 11 (Android 4.4) now works with the radio!

Last edited:

droidstyle

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 7, 2011
Fort Wayne

The pit file is the same and will always stay the same unless the hardware is changed... which will never happen.

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

The thing is I don't know where to get the "PIT" file from.

From the guide stickied at the top of this section.

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

I would avoid flashing the VRUMEJ9.tar until Imnuts confirms if it locks the bootloader or not! If it does lock the bootloader, then your device will be stuck in locked conditions almost indefinitely and you can not downgrade to then older firmware builds that are unlockable. If you want the latest 4.3 then flash the .zip version by Beans in recovery.

andrewjt19

The pit file is the same and will always stay the same unless the hardware is changed... which will never happen.

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

From the guide stickied at the top of this section.

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

I would avoid flashing the VRUMEJ9.tar until Imnuts confirms if it locks the bootloader or not! If it does lock the bootloader, then your device will be stuck in locked conditions almost indefinitely and you can not downgrade to then older firmware builds that are unlockable. If you want the latest 4.3 then flash the .zip version by Beans in recovery.

That's pretty much exactly what I figured, but was wondering if there's been a unlock or if it didn't lock it. .. Thanks

TappEd from my Note II

Check out my website for encouragement....

www.projectintercession.blogspot.com

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is an "official" Odin restore file to return your phone back to the shipping software. Why is this useful? Well, to restore your phone back to the stock software. This is an invaluable tool for anyone messing around with their phone. If/when an OTA update is released, I'll post any future stock Odin files here as well, but for now, there is only one. A nice way to say thanks is the donate button as well, and it will help keep my hosting alive for these huge Odin files.

[size=+1]Instructions[/size]
    1. Download the file below
    2. Put your phone into download mode and connect it to your computer
    3. Open Odin and make sure your phone is selected
    4. Put the downloaded file in the PDA box
    5. Press start
    6. Enjoy a stock phone

[size=+1]Downloads[/size]
    VRALJB
    Mirror 1
    Mirror 2

Alternate Restore - Return to stock but keep an unlocked bootloader
    Alternate Restore Mirror

VRAMC3
    Mirror 1
    Mirror 2

Alternate Restore - Return to stock but keep an unlocked bootloader
    Alternate Restore Mirror

VRUEMJ9
    Download Me

NOTE: I am not responsible for any issues caused by flashing this. Do so at your own risk. If you don't know what you're doing, then you may want to take a few extra minutes to read up on flashing with Odin before you make a very expensive paperweight
    I will have a package posted soon that allows you to restore to stock VRALL4 and maintain an unlocked bootloader as well. I just need to test and verify that everything is working first, as I didn't have time to do so before I packaged it up earlier today. I can also create a restore package that will take you to fully stock VRALL4 (including bootloader) if people would like it.
    Updated OP with 4.3 file
    I just posted an alternate restore package in the OP. It will return you to stock but retain the unlocked bootloader. This would be if you FUBAR'd something and want to go back to stock, but not have to worry about unlocking again.
    I love seeing this name in the this forum.... Please tell me your working on the Note 2

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

Kind of ;)

Time is sparse these days.