Galaxy Note 2 update to 4.3 in KSA and Egypt

Search This thread

eng_samy

Jul 26, 2012
Porto Alegre
It seems that Samsung skipped to update KSA and Egypt device in this round....Samsung customer support has no answer...and we are stuck on 4.1.2 since many users reported network problem after updating using UAE version....latest Saudi Arabia and Egypt version is DLK7 CSC JV......UAE 4.3 rom has the same CSC but many users reported no network problem after flash via Odin

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

gauravahluwalia

Mar 9, 2013
Edinburgh
It seems that Samsung skipped to update KSA and Egypt device in this round....Samsung customer support has no answer...and we are stuck on 4.1.2 since many users reported network problem after updating using UAE version....latest Saudi Arabia and Egypt version is DLK7 CSC JV......UAE 4.3 rom has the same CSC but many users reported no network problem after flash via Odin

Tried asking Samsung Support in Qatar here, most of them got no clue either. One of the staff told me its delayed due to the problems many have encountered.

eng_samy

Jul 26, 2012
Porto Alegre
Tried asking Samsung Support in Qatar here, most of them got no clue either. One of the staff told me its delayed due to the problems many have encountered.

Actually they are a group o liars...sometime they say it will be online soon..and sometime they reply we don't know ..the update is almost 2 months ago and most of users have no problems ...many reviews say it's stable....if there are problems why did Samsung rolled the update to the whole world then ??!!!! If you check on Sammobile web site...only about 10 countries didn't get the update while most of the world get....

max621

Jan 18, 2008
You should be thankful to Samsung for not pushing the update...
Trust me u r better off with 4.1.2

hagba

Nov 9, 2008
Yerevan
You should be thankful to Samsung for not pushing the update...
Trust me u r better off with 4.1.2

I absolutely agree with the above, I received an OTA 4.3 U.A.E update but was not actually interested, I am very happy with my rooted 4.1.2. everything works perfect, fingers crossed..

SadHeroXIII

Jun 6, 2012
Al Qatif
Samsung is has the best Android device, but I'm very angry now !! why don't give everybody the updates in the same time ?
of course, here in SA we need to wait forever maybe,
I think I will not buy a samsung phone anymore !! :mad:

gauravahluwalia

Mar 9, 2013
Edinburgh
Actually they are a group o liars...sometime they say it will be online soon..and sometime they reply we don't know ..the update is almost 2 months ago and most of users have no problems ...many reviews say it's stable....if there are problems why did Samsung rolled the update to the whole world then ??!!!! If you check on Sammobile web site...only about 10 countries didn't get the update while most of the world get....

Totally agree man. Half of these idiots in customer care know nothing. Anyways, its better off with AOSP ROMs trust me. Try PorBam KitKat ROM. Awesomeness

mezo91

Dec 6, 2012
Cairo
Download the 4.3 rom and flash with odin. I live in egypt and did that update manually.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mezo91

Dec 6, 2012
Cairo
I use the indian rom mg1 4.1.2. It auto updated to mk4 4.3 rom.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

sniper9911

Mar 21, 2013
ksa device with indian rom for now

I did manually updated my device to 4.3 ueml4 latest via mobile odin first time ... I encountered the missing signal problem and wifi not working problem too !
what I did ? silly me ... I flashed ml4 again via pc odin
now my bootloader is new and cant be downgraded
also I have knox counter and knox programs too
I cant root my device and if I do it I will loose warrenty !
I would recommend you to stay put against 4.3 update and maybe go for 4.4 kitkat when released
many missing features on 4.3 ... music player cant share music anymore ... also battery is the same but exchange services ( push mod ) is taking a big hit on my battery so I stopped it and used to check every hour option
but after flashing ml4 modem sometimes I see 3g faster than 4.1.2 and sometimes the signal dissapears

hope this helps
if anyone knows how to root this ml4 firmware without loosing warrenty please tell me
I already tried the script method and some other methed too but failed

Last edited:

FuTChY

Jun 11, 2012
Egypt - Cairo
WOW,
Thats interesting and confusing at the same time :)
I'm from egypt too, I tried wanam rom, dr.ketan's roms (4.3) but I couldn't manage to make them work.
I'm prefering AOSP roms actually but I miss my SPen, and lovely Samsung keyboard so I reverted back from AOSP roms to TW 4.1.2 Again and my current rom is :
PDA: N7100XXDMC3
CSC: N7100OJVDMC1
MODEM: N7100XXDLK7
Now I really thought about updating via odin using UAE firmware:
PDA: N7100XXUEMKA
CSC: N7100OJVEMK3
MODEM: N7100XXUEMJ9
but I got confused after seeing that thread acually :confused:
I don't care about warranty , but I do care more about the downgrade inability specially when I see some users complain about being unable to downgrade.
Please share your experience if any so that we could know what to do :).

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

I did manually updated my device to 4.3 ueml4 latest via mobile odin first time ... I encountered the missing signal problem and wifi not working problem too !
what I did ? silly me ... I flashed ml4 again via pc odin
now my bootloader is new and cant be downgraded
also I have knox counter and knox programs too
I cant root my device and if I do it I will loose warrenty !
I would recommend you to stay put against 4.3 update and maybe go for 4.4 kitkat when released
many missing features on 4.3 ... music player cant share music anymore ... also battery is the same but exchange services ( push mod ) is taking a big hit on my battery so I stopped it and used to check every hour option
but after flashing ml4 modem sometimes I see 3g faster than 4.1.2 and sometimes the signal dissapears

hope this helps
if anyone knows how to root this ml4 firmware without loosing warrenty please tell me
I already tried the script method and some other methed too but failed

Have a look at this :
http://honai-android.blogspot.in/2014/01/how-to-root-galaxy-note-2-n7100-on.html

sniper9911

Mar 21, 2013
already tried saferoot method , doesnt work on ML4 base
only working way is cf-autoroot flashable via odin pc
now i am rooted with this way and knox void warrenty tripped to 1

FuTChY

Jun 11, 2012
Egypt - Cairo
I finally did it :)
I could make the rom work with my old DLK7 modem without tripping knox :)
but I really dont like 4.3 after trying it, battery consumption is not as good as 4.1.2