Custom Notification Sound Not Listed

Search This thread

haitu

Mar 6, 2012
There is a notification folder and a ringtone folder. I placed an mp3 into the notification folder. When I search for that file, it isn't present (Settings-Sounds-Notifications). If I have the same file under ringtones, I can see it under the ringtones list.

What is the problem that causes me not to be able to use my custom ringtone?

andrewnelson

Feb 5, 2014
Dhaka
You used a file explorer app to look for the files/folders on your phone, and they aren't there? How are you attempting to put the folders on your phone?

haitu

Mar 6, 2012
You used a file explorer app to look for the files/folders on your phone, and they aren't there? How are you attempting to put the folders on your phone?

The folders already exist by default. I used a file explorer to move the notification mp3 from DOWNLOAD to NOTIFICATION Folder. Going through options-settings-notifications list, my custom notification does not exist, however, if I moved the mp3 to RINGTONE, I will see it on the list.

Karl

Nov 27, 2009
California
The folders already exist by default. I used a file explorer to move the notification mp3 from DOWNLOAD to NOTIFICATION Folder. Going through options-settings-notifications list, my custom notification does not exist, however, if I moved the mp3 to RINGTONE, I will see it on the list.
is it from the sd i think its something to do with the Android 4.4 KitKat and how the SD card support has changed, i use ringo and if i dont use a browser with root access or the kk browser it will show sd not available

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-09-23-44-07.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-09-23-44-07.png
    182.6 KB · Views: 41
Last edited: