Bypass Motoblur setup

Search This thread

pkemeling

Jul 8, 2009
Utrecht
I recently imported a T-Mobile USA for my girlfriend to Holland. Unlocking was easy and the phone works perfectly. The one problem I had was the stupid Motoblur setup. I have been unable to create new Motoblur account on the phone as well as on the Motorola website. I have no idea what could be wrong. Since you can't use the phone without a Motoblur account the thing was completely useless. I have been searching for day's and finally found this on a T-Mobile forumpost, who got is from androidforums.com:
At the first page of the setup process you type:
[Fn], E, [Fn], E, B, L, U, R, O, F, F
On the Charm the [Fn] is substituted by [ALT]
This stops the setup process and lets you access the phone. I have no idea what consequenses this has, but at least the phone is usable.
Hope some of you are helped by this.

R3dJok3r

Dec 15, 2010
Just tried it. Nothing happens. Am I missing something?

I tried at the first screen, 2nd screen, emergency dial screen. Tried additional combinations of buttons. Nothing..

Last edited:

pkemeling

Jul 8, 2009
Utrecht
Strange. I just tried it again and it worked like a charm. Something that might be a problem is that after resetting the phone (had to swap the sim) the phone reset itself. I will report back wether this is something persistent.

jean001luc

Aug 2, 2010
Strange. I just tried it again and it worked like a charm. Something that might be a problem is that after resetting the phone (had to swap the sim) the phone reset itself. I will report back wether this is something persistent.

I had none of these issues. Been using it for couple of months and seem to remeber that at the setup screen you press the Menu button and from there take the option to setup Wireless. Once you are connected to the internet it's possible to click Next and system allows you to just carry on without Motobkur.
The other option is that at the Setup screen in the dialog box in middle of the screen, scroll down and you can use an option in there to bypass setup (cant remember what the option is now but when you read it it should become clear)

There is no issue running without motoblur. You just will not be backing up data to Motorola website (for me this is a BIG plus because I dont want my data held on the interner). I use other sync methods to my PC. Also, the motoblur services (e.g news, happenings) will not work but I dont need them anyway

pkemeling

Jul 8, 2009
Utrecht
The phone just did it again. Out of nothing it rebooted and reset it self. Luckily I had an American relative create me a Motoblur account. After booting I was able to log in to the Motoblur service and set up an account. I don't know it the phone won't reset it self again, but everything seems to work at this moment.
I am still curious wether anyone other than me has had this problem.

Reactions: bandroidx

JcNeji

May 12, 2007
I also live in the Netherlands and imported the Charm back in november.
I was able to create a motoblur account on the internet and acces my phone that way and was also able to create a new APN (KPN-Hi) and create a new account that way.

I dont understand why you werent able to.

keshavkuruva

Apr 9, 2011
You really rock

pkemeling,

I did the same and I could skip moto blur setup on my T-mobile motorola charm which I brought from ebay.

I should thank you for this.

I was trying hard to skip setup and i could do that finally.

How can I flash the phone now and use any other GSM carriers.

Let me know.

Thanks.

aacs90

Oct 5, 2010
I recently imported a T-Mobile USA for my girlfriend to Holland. Unlocking was easy and the phone works perfectly. The one problem I had was the stupid Motoblur setup. I have been unable to create new Motoblur account on the phone as well as on the Motorola website. I have no idea what could be wrong. Since you can't use the phone without a Motoblur account the thing was completely useless. I have been searching for day's and finally found this on a T-Mobile forumpost, who got is from androidforums.com:
This stops the setup process and lets you access the phone. I have no idea what consequenses this has, but at least the phone is usable.

Sorry about the ignorance but i just got an Atrix and comes locked with Motoblur account so i master reset it and have the option to create my own account but i just want to bypass it.

About the code we are supposed to type: [Fn], E, [Fn], E, B, L, U, R, O, F, F

What does the [fn] mean? Am i supposed to do something on the computer or on the phone?

Please help!

Reactions: mortal90210

deziguy420

May 5, 2010

Works perfect...thank you...

JGUI

Jun 24, 2003
Poland, Scotland
www.jgui.net
works!

what can I say?

works like a CHARM!!!!!

I'm in Europe, previously I got several restarts (soft-resets) daily, with no reason.
I cleared all applications, made hard-reset few times, nothing changed.

After last reset and the above way to turn the motoblur off,
I have no reboot since yesterday.

>>>updated: I dont understand. it seems to be stable when default ROM,
when I've installed a few applications, very default: dropbox, google translator, new google maps, and a few widgets, I've got self-reboot of this phone. after such reboot data on sdcard is back, but all installations were gone away.

it's frustrate. can we install more applications on this phone or not?
I have t-mobiel ROM. have anyone another version? please

and the next one: there left the default t-mobile account.
how to remove it?
if I try it says that is possibly only after reset,
but I did reset yesterday, turn off motoblur, but t-mobile account is back again.

any ideas?

updated:
is it a battery problem? these incidental self-resets?
I re-formated battery 2x (from 10% to 100% over 5h of charging) and... last long whole day, I've got no resets.

Last edited:

JGUI

Jun 24, 2003
Poland, Scotland
www.jgui.net
motorola still self-resets

bad news. motorola got self-reset back again.

for now, it keeps all installed application and home screen items with no changes.
but it selft-reset 3 times within last half of hour!

anyone reported such problems anywhere?

Last edited:
Reactions: mbanji

JGUI

Jun 24, 2003
Poland, Scotland
www.jgui.net
self-reset probem (resolved?)

I try to resolve the source of self-reset in motorola charm.

I observed that - definitively - moto charm self-reset when wifi is turned on.
without wifi connection she keep runnnig over a day with no reset.

1. I made root of moto.
2. I installed droidwall (network firewall)

and:
what's surprised me: how many application try use network connection,
even application which I never seen in launcher or Application Manager.

!!!! please reply if you know the purposes of the below applications !!!!

for example:

Ad Service (of course!)
Amazon MP3
com.motorola.android.syncml.service
Connected Music Player
HipHopOfficial (!?!?!?!)
MotoBlur Service (of course!)
My Account (!?)
Revolver TV
Slacker
TrueCountry
Video Editor Lite (why network?)

so... I blocked all unnecessary applications from network using (all the above),
and let's see what will happen next day(s).

ScobaGeek

May 16, 2008
getting out of crappy broken motoblur setup

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Did I say thank you?

That worked GREAT!

mezaomar

Oct 6, 2011
Hi... Not for AT&T version

Hi everyone, i just want to warn u about this method doest work on the AT&T version FlipOut :(

Reactions: odongo

sjkgirl

Feb 5, 2012
Okay so i have reset the charm, and when it powers up the first thing to pop up is the moto blur account so i was wondering what the screen is that we type the code thingy into?! Help!!

baranidaran

Jan 20, 2013
Data connectivity lost

Initially when i started my Motorola blur it would ask me to setup new account
3G connectivity was enabled
When i gave all the information like name, email, password -> it would time out with no response
Then I tried as you suggested, Fn], E, [Fn], E, B, L, U, R, O, F, F
I was able to skip the setup.
Once i switch off and switch it back on
The phone is getting reset to factory default
Now I am not able to get the data connectivity
Please help how to get the 3G connection back.

hsr0

Mar 8, 2012
Got to Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> Mobile Networks -> Access point names -> *click Menu button* -> reset to default.
Then Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> Mobile Networks -> Select Network -> 3G Only better perfomance

Try this or if this doesnt work
Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> Mobile Networks -> Access point names -> *click Menu button* -> New APN.
Fill in APN details with those of your provider, you can search for it or ask your provider for it.

And ofcourse you must have a valid 3G data connection with your network provider.

If all this doesnt work, please tell me which ROM you have used and which ROM was used before this motoblur

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The phone just did it again. Out of nothing it rebooted and reset it self. Luckily I had an American relative create me a Motoblur account. After booting I was able to log in to the Motoblur service and set up an account. I don't know it the phone won't reset it self again, but everything seems to work at this moment.
    I am still curious wether anyone other than me has had this problem.

Sorry about the ignorance but i just got an Atrix and comes locked with Motoblur account so i master reset it and have the option to create my own account but i just want to bypass it.

About the code we are supposed to type: [Fn], E, [Fn], E, B, L, U, R, O, F, F

What does the [fn] mean? Am i supposed to do something on the computer or on the phone?

Please help!
    motorola still self-resets

bad news. motorola got self-reset back again.

for now, it keeps all installed application and home screen items with no changes.
    but it selft-reset 3 times within last half of hour!

anyone reported such problems anywhere?
    Hi... Not for AT&T version

Hi everyone, i just want to warn u about this method doest work on the AT&T version FlipOut :(